logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-18 09:22:54 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Read the first edition of the Ideohazard

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Church Doctrine

Alan Turing and Harvey Milk - gay icons.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Alan Turing and Harvey Milk - gay icons.  (Read 11812 times)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Re:Alan Turing and Harvey Milk - gay icons.
« Reply #15 on: 2010-07-10 14:00:33 »

You may take it that you are a pointless, stupid cunt, but I wouldn't read any more into it than that.

Quote from: Trollmaid on 2010-07-10 13:41:46   
right. whatever.

moving on..i take it that you concede re milk.

Quote from: MoEnzyme on 2010-07-10 13:24:51   

Quote from: Trollmaid on 2010-07-10 12:23:45   
secondly, you are a fucking moron for trying to 'call out' to hermit. i did suggest to hermit to stop interacting in cov because of your moronic chat rants about hermit being homophobic. hermit first introduced me to cov in 1998. before i even met him, he raved on and on about lucifer and cov. i remember we were standing at a gas station in oregon and he explained the word 'meme' to me. he said cov was the future. how you lot turned against him. i also remember the way he treated you at the virian meet at his place. you were like a brother to him. the way you(and some others) have been treating him is unacceptable and reflects on the kind of shit you are.... hermit and i have always had differences..he is a lot of things..he was my best friend during a time when i needed one and in some sense he always will be a friend to me. after the crap you dished out about him on chat...and behind his back... why the fuck are you trying to reach out to him again and again? if a man doesnt have loyalty, he is nothing more than a piece of shit. this place doesnt deserve hermit. so stop.

This is what Trollmaid is really here for, and in all other regards a clueless child. Oh wait, she said, "fuck", so its okay now to just call her the stupid cunt she really is. I see she's Hermit's champion troll in shining armor in his absence now. I wonder if he actually agreed to that.

« Last Edit: 2010-07-10 14:03:21 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-07-10 19:12:27 »

very mature. that's that then.

Quote from: MoEnzyme on 2010-07-10 14:00:33   

You may take it that you are a pointless, stupid cunt, but I wouldn't read any more into it than that.

right. whatever.

secondly, you are a fucking moron for trying to 'call out' to hermit. i did suggest to hermit to stop interacting in cov because of your moronic chat rants about hermit being homophobic. hermit first introduced me to cov in 1998. before i even met him, he raved on and on about lucifer and cov. i remember we were standing at a gas station in oregon and he explained the word 'meme' to me. he said cov was the future. how you lot turned against him. i also remember the way he treated you at the virian meet at his place. you were like a brother to him. the way you(and some others) have been treating him is unacceptable and reflects on the kind of shit you are.... hermit and i have always had differences..he is a lot of things..he was my best friend during a time when i needed one and in some sense he always will be a friend to me. after the crap you dished out about him on chat...and behind his back... why the fuck are you trying to reach out to him again and again? if a man doesnt have loyalty, he is nothing more than a piece of shit. this place doesnt deserve hermit. so stop.

This is what Trollmaid is really here for, and in all other regards a clueless child. Oh wait, she said, "fuck", so its okay now to just call her the stupid cunt she really is. I see she's Hermit's champion troll in shining armor in his absence now. I wonder if he actually agreed to that.
Report to moderator   Logged
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2010-07-10 21:36:36 »

I don't see that you have anything to be disappointed about. You came here for attention and drama as usual, and so that's what you got. Now you can go back to posing for your computer camera.

Quote from: Trollmaid on 2010-07-10 19:12:27   
very mature. that's that then.

[Mo][note 7/13/2010 - this after Mermaid had previously called me a "shit" and "a fucking moron" (see below). Others inspired to protect trollmaid's tender feelings have taken me to task for calling her a "stupid cunt" and so I was thinking they should read the actual dialogue leading up to that before they cast themselves as her heroes]

Quote from: MoEnzyme on 2010-07-10 14:00:33   

right. whatever.

« Last Edit: 2010-07-13 12:07:09 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2010-07-10 22:56:52 »

Trollmaid expressed some offhand concern in #virus IRC today that I'm trying to make Harvey Milk another virian saint. I used some hypothetical rhetoric about it earlier in this thread, but it was only rhetorical. Saints get a 9 rating out of me, and I gave Harvey Milk a 7. The rhetoric was mostly for comparison sake with Turing since Hermit brought up his alleged gay icon problem with Alan Turing's sainthood. While Turing and Milk are both gay icons, Turing has clearly done far more for humanity as a whole independently of that issue. Harvey Milk hadn't done anything of much historical significance until after he was forty, whereas Turing had done just about everything already by that point in his life. So while I find Harvey Milk interesting in various ways, there's no real comparison between the two in sainthood terms.

Mo Enzyme

MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2010-07-11 16:40:49 »

BTW,

In IRC today, Trollmaid displayed yet again that she has very little knowledge of the things she's willing to talk like an expert about. In my part of the country we call that "bullshit", and its something that Mermaid has grown famous for in Church of Virus. For example, she claimed that Harvey Milk was shot by a disgruntled city employee. False. And she knew some other guy got shot with Milk but couldn't name him. Gee only two of the most important facts of the story, completely missing from Mermaid knowledge, and yet she continues as if she were some expert. Can't say I'm surprised.

http://www.churchofvirus.org/bbs/index.php?board=;action=chatlog2;channel=%23virus;date=2010-07-10;time=17:;start=30;max=30

hint to trollmaid, in SF politics "city supervisor" is an elected representative to the the City Board of supervisors, not a city employee. In other cities they call it a city "council" and "councilmembers", but whatever you call them, they are politically elected positions.

Some Trollmaid homework, before she next returns to class.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Milk

Note: try reading the whole thing if you can handle it, perhaps you can break it up if your attention span can't take it all at once. Perhaps you might consider reading up a bit more on next week's area of expertise you plan to claim. You aren't even a good bullshitter yet. Better luck next time.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-11 17:29:32 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2010-07-12 03:27:17 »

I'll give a little credit for trollmaid in IRC. Even though she obviously didn't know what the hell she was talking about, she did manage to finally articulate, with the facilitation of Orochi her only both coherent and plausibly credible objection. Really she mischaracterized my position as I've always rated Milk at 7 as opposed to 9, but she expressed some vague concern that I was actually going to propose Harvey Milk for Church of Virus sainthood. So I went ahead and clarified that a bit further. I can see how a cursory glance, which is generally the most Mermaid gives anything, might leave some misperceptions. So no, Mermaid, no one is championing Milk as a virian saint. I merely use his example as a gay icon, as a bit of a foil off of our previous discussions re: Alan Turing.

Generally I'm a political nutjob - I just try to be as reasonable as possible about it. So I personally choose Harvey Milk because he represents a gay icon who was in the end a very successful politician/activist in US politics. In the end the things he did (with plenty of help from other luminaries) and the way he pushed, and the honesty he brought to bear in a very truth to power way, are pure genius. And yes I knew a LOT about him before I actually bought the movie, which was why I bought the movie in the first place. I'm a political junkie that way. And since that coincided with having just had this now-immortal shitfest with Hermit (catalyzed with Mermaid intervention) over the Turing saint hood. So I felt inspired to share my opinion of what an ideal gay icon would be given my political persuasion etc. And that would be Harvey Milk. That no way qualifies him to be a saint of course, and I agree with Orochi on those points even though Mermaid was actively misrepresenting my position to him.

ps. Just in case anyone was wondering if I was standing down from my previous assessment of her. The answer of course is no, and just to clarify, Mermaid, I'd just thought I'd dedicate this music video as your goodbye note. You claimed in IRC you were leaving us in a huff, yet again. Is that a promise? Well let me celebrate then,

I don't want your pointless life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaV_eb-Ay3g

no doubt you'll be back yet again someday sooner rather than later. Don't let the door hit you, where "the lord split you"
« Last Edit: 2010-07-12 04:17:05 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #21 on: 2010-07-13 03:46:08 »

Quote from: MoEnzyme on 2010-07-12 03:27:17   
(catalyzed with Mermaid intervention)

[Blunderov] How dissapointing of the Mermaid.

The Hermit, I expect, would have made up his own mind on the basis of his own reasons, to absent himself from the CoV - a hugely regrettable matter for the CoV. He has left for us though, an important body of cogent and indeed, revolutionary, thought and thinking, a mighty example of how life can be lived, and an indelible influence on the lives of various people in sundry corners of the planet. I wish him all the very best and I hope that he will return one day.

From time to time, I will revisit some Hermit classics as may seem appropriate to current events. Others might profitably do the same.
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2010-07-13 11:13:59 »

Quote from: Blunderov on 2010-07-13 03:46:08   

The Hermit, I expect, would have made up his own mind on the basis of his own reasons, to absent himself from the CoV - a hugely regrettable matter for the CoV. He has left for us though, an important body of cogent and indeed, revolutionary, thought and thinking, a mighty example of how life can be lived, and an indelible influence on the lives of various people in sundry corners of the planet. I wish him all the very best and I hope that he will return one day.

From time to time, I will revisit some Hermit classics as may seem appropriate to current events. Others might profitably do the same.

We will never really know now, but I think Hermit might have abandoned his whole "gay icon" objection to Alan Turing sainthood, much earlier and less problematically had he not gotten a lot of support from a drama-seeking Trollmaid. Nobody else in the CoV was agreeing with Hermit on this. Mermaid successfully distracted him from that otherwise obvious situation and polarized him in his isolation.

As for Hermit, I miss him too. If I had it to do again, I wouldn't have initially demoted him to a "1" in Meridion - that's the only regret I have. For context - he had annoyed me quite a bit by claiming it was ME who had convinced him to oppose Alan Turing because he's a gay icon. I always supported Alan Turing sainthood all the way through, so I thought it was necessary to separate myself from that apparent homophobia and so giving Hermit a temporary "1" was part of that. That was probably overkill and a bit too personal, as locking down my thread was probably sufficient to indicate my non-support of that kind of attitude.

I don't really think of Hermit as a homophobe, I think he was mostly just being contrarian as is common Hermit behavior. Indeed I take it by his finally abandoning his "gay icon" opposition that he's not really a homophobe. Its too bad that Mermaid had already helped turn it into such a big drama by that point that he could only manage to abstain and leave us. Now she has returned to stir up the shit pot once again. I'd like to assume that Hermit isn't condoning this ongoing divisive behavior of hers, and so I will.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-13 12:45:38 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2010-07-14 00:27:28 »

Trollmaid,

a little late night reverie as I wander off to bed. Mermaid claims she really hates that we "call out" to Hermit. Well I'm thinking if she doesn't like it, it just might be a good thing. Of course he may never return, but regardless he carried the ball for a while. He was right to slap Mermaid down repeatedly and without mercy. I always thought he had that about right. Some of us started to take that for granted. So yeah, I say call him out. recycle his words, all that good stuff. Why should it matter to a trollmaid? Is it jealousy? Does she wish it were about her? heh, yeah good luck you stupid c-c-child. You really know how to enjoy your ad hominem spree. I'm sure like a comet, you shall return again as usual. Don't act so surprised if we remember you next time.

Mo Enzyme

the.bricoleur
Archon

Rate the.bricoleur

making sense of change

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #24 on: 2010-07-14 17:16:37 »

Here here!

the.bricoleur
Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2010-07-15 02:18:16 »

hello blunderov...there is a lot of misinformation and toxicity in cov at the moment. i am really hard pressed for time to play these pointless games.

having said that..FYI...the chat log for #virus from the time the alan turing nomination began to the time hermit should narrate the true story. my 'intervention' began and ended with pointing hermit to the chat logs. hermit was playing blind. sat and mo were gaming hermit by manipulating meridion ratings. it was unfair. knowing how much regard hermit had for alan turing(and understanding his objections and true intention re opposition to turing's sainthood on the basis of his homosexuality as suggested by no), i opined that he should perhaps abstain rather than vote no(which was his first vote) because the NO vote would be misunderstood as an opposition to alan turing himself(or to homosexuality)

regardless..that's what happened. hermit was tarred and labelled a homophobe by mo. his point was completely bent, twisted and spit upon. perhaps if WW didnt ask hermit to 'not play then'..or perhaps if mo or sat had been there when he came to clarify his position on irc, perhaps..perhaps..etc..perhaps hermit would still be in cov.

other than that, the opinions i had about the alan turing fiasco were mine and mine only. i am sure hermit arrived at his conclusion independently. it was only a coincidence that it was the same as hermits'. (which is not surprising because we were good friends once ... and it wasnt because we shared an affinity for blue marbles.) the evidence for this too is in the alan turing thread..or at least what remains of it after mo deleted all of his posts and made the entire exchange unreadable.

the last hermit was seen was somewhere around feb 17, 2010..give or take a week. he made an appearance on #virus(24th feb) and was told by WW to 'not play then'. the relevant portion.

17:00:32(~hermit@[death to spam].**) has joined #virus
17:00:32   ChanServ   
Mode change [+o Hermit] on #virus by ChanServ
17:02:09   WW   hey...a rare guest appearance!
17:02:15   WW   welcome Hermit
17:02:47   Hermit   Sat: You should not fib about your motivations or the timing of your meddling. Straightforward acknowledgment of your evil nature suffices.
17:02:48   drubot   Hermit: 1 day 4 hours ago <MoEnzyme> tell Hermit to pull his head out of his ass.
17:02:54   Hermit   Greetings Walter :-)
17:03:13   Hermit   I noticed that thank-you. Abuse by bot remains abuse.
17:04:53   Hermit   Merely looking in to disassemble dissimulation and ensure that an appropriate comment is left in the same forum as untruths are disseminated.
17:05:08   WW   I don't think Sat is watching the channel in real time atm
17:05:50   Hermit   I'm rather busy on a number of fronts these days, and playing Sat's testosterone laced games is an annoying diversion.
17:05:55   Hermit   Sad.
17:06:18   WW   don't play then
17:06:44   Hermit   You know, that is the best suggestion I have heard for a while.
17:06:48   Hermit   Thanks.
17:07:02   WW   NP
[end chat log quote]

there is more before and after the above bit that throws light onto why hermit left.

having said all that, blunderov...could you shed light on why it's disappointing that hermit and i (independently) arrived at the same conclusion? i think i have the right to know...considering the verbal abuse i have suffered at the hands of mo and my restraint in hitting back...i'd like to treat myself by asking someone sane as to why they believe that i have..in some form or manner..disappointed the church of virus and it's congregation. really..i'd like to know.

« Last Edit: 2010-07-15 04:11:17 by Mermaid » Report to moderator   Logged
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #26 on: 2010-07-18 14:06:01 »

[Blunderov]@ Mermaid. It dissapoints me that you advised the Hermit to leave. It seems hostile and to call into question your own committment to the CoV project - why are you still here may I enquire?

Now to get my hands dirty. The whole brouhaha about Turing and the gay icon thang was, TMM, a storm in a teacup. I still don't understand what caused tempers to rise so much over such an irrelevant issue frankly. It suprises me that the Hermit's sense of humour seems to have failed him but then, admittedly, I am not privy to what was said on the chat line. My impression is that he was already at the end of his tether (for some unknown-to-me reason) and that this 'issue' pushed it over the top for him. True, Mo might have tweaked the tiger's tail a bit but the big daddy tiger was quite capable of being more amused than angered by this playfulness - had he so decided.

Where Sat fits in to all of this I do not know but we are all grown-ups and all these schoolyard scandal should be seen for the silliness that they are.
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #27 on: 2010-07-18 22:56:14 »

For the record I miss Hermit, but more importantly I hope he is okey, in good health, and prospering at whatever he has set his mind to. (This concern I also extend to his family). I have nothing but respect and admiration for Hermit.

I agree with Blunderov and in that CoV and that its brethren should be able to rise above disagreements; with respect.

Cheers

Fritz

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-07-18 23:02:17 »

Quote from: Blunderov on 2010-07-18 14:06:01   

[Blunderov]@ Mermaid. It dissapoints me that you advised the Hermit to leave.

please read again. i asked hermit to stop interacting on cov wrt the turing thread. i did not ask him to leave cov. i said that because it was clear via irc channels that mo was baiting hermit. i merely pointed out what was happening there and i suggested that he knows what was happening behind his back before stepping into the battlefield.

why did i do it? because i felt the same way as hermit re turing and the whole gay twist thrown in by mo. having the one other person in the dark who felt the same way was a handicap to my argument.

Quote:
It seems hostile and to call into question your own committment to the CoV project - why are you still here may I enquire?

yes. very hostile. and impolite. and it has greatly diminished my esteem of you.

i have been in cov longer than you have..i have probably interacted with more of them than you have...regardless. i could say that it is none of your business. also, why do you care? or..why not? or..or.

my choice of answer to you would be ..none of your business.

Quote:
Now to get my hands dirty. The whole brouhaha about Turing and the gay icon thang was, TMM, a storm in a teacup. I still don't understand what caused tempers to rise so much over such an irrelevant issue frankly. It suprises me that the Hermit's sense of humour seems to have failed him but then, admittedly, I am not privy to what was said on the chat line.

your guess is good as mine. speaking for myself, i wasnt amused at all.

Quote:
My impression is that he was already at the end of his tether (for some unknown-to-me reason) and that this 'issue' pushed it over the top for him. True, Mo might have tweaked the tiger's tail a bit but the big daddy tiger was quite capable of being more amused than angered by this playfulness - had he so decided.

*shrug*

and yet...you chose to be disappointed in me. you are willing to shovel your disappointment on someone who was called 'cunt' for no obvious or relevant reason here on the bbs. interesting.

Quote:
Where Sat fits in to all of this I do not know but we are all grown-ups and all these schoolyard scandal should be seen for the silliness that they are.

you dont seem to know a lot of things by your own admission. yet, you are full of opinions.
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2010-07-21 19:56:56 »

Blunderov knows enough. He was there for the vote and everything leading up to it. I wasn't saying anything on #virus that I wasn't already saying on the BBS. Hermit has always known about the IRC channel, indeed was once one of the biggest chatters there for several years, and with loglady on constant duty this talk about what was going on behind his back lacks credibility. I don't know why Trollmaid acts like its some big secret. We've got this "chat" button prominently on the BBS for chrissakes! Trollmaid's victimhood claims re: "cunt" are truly laughable after her calling me a "shit" and a "fucking moron". Poor baby insulting our intelligence. Besides, I didn't just call you a cunt, I specifically called you a stupid cunt. That's important. I don't just call people "cunts" over nothing. Your transparent bullshit and foul mouth together inspired me, so don't deny your responsibility here now. Most of us read English just fine and possess long term memory, so stay up with the storyline, Mermaid. Good drama demands it.

2010-08-15 added video - Thanks to Sat for linking me to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6hpewr_VJQ
« Last Edit: 2010-08-15 19:28:48 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: