logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-03-28 19:32:14 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Everyone into the pool! Now online... the VirusWiki.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Church Doctrine

Alan Turing and Harvey Milk - gay icons.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Alan Turing and Harvey Milk - gay icons.  (Read 11904 times)
MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Alan Turing and Harvey Milk - gay icons.
« on: 2010-05-28 16:25:55 »

[[ author reputation (1.66) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

« Last Edit: 2010-05-28 23:17:51 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Re:Alan Turing and Harvey Milk - gay icons.
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-28 18:11:12 »

« Last Edit: 2010-05-28 21:40:22 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-28 22:40:42 »

« Last Edit: 2010-05-28 22:52:27 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010-05-29 04:48:28 »

PennMilk.jpg
« Last Edit: 2010-05-29 04:53:14 by MoEnzyme »
Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010-05-30 16:20:22 »

« Last Edit: 2010-05-30 18:45:56 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010-05-30 17:36:57 »

« Last Edit: 2010-05-30 17:37:33 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #6 on: 2010-05-30 17:55:25 »

Quote from: MoEnzyme on 2010-05-30 17:36:57   

Incidentally I did manage to obtain 3 more used DVD copies of the movie Milk. If you actually voted on the Alan Turing canonization (Sat, irvken, Fritz, Hermit, Walter Watts, Blunderov, the.bricoleur, or David Lucifer), and you want a copy contact me via BBS message with your shipping information and I'll send one to you as a gift.

Love,

-Mo

Hey Mo,

Got it, saw it , thought it was extremely well done and found a whole new respect for Sean Penn as an actor.

Good Movie and I agree the context is meaningful.

Cheers

Fritz

PS: Doesn't the purchase of a DVD grant a user license to the original purchaser and it is not transferable when resold .... or am I wrong and is that just Microsoft and Windows licences to a CPU ?

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Re:Alan Turing and Harvey Milk - gay icons. ping Hermit
« Reply #7 on: 2010-05-30 18:33:44 »

« Last Edit: 2010-05-30 18:36:12 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010-07-09 10:31:55 »

Mo Enzyme

Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-07-10 01:40:27 »

*cringe*

who is a gay icon?

acc to wiki: [url = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_icon]

[...]A gay icon is a historical figure, celebrity  or public figure who is embraced by many within lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender  (LGBT) communities; Dykon, a portmanteau  of "dyke" and "icon," has recently entered the lexicon to describe lesbian icons.[1]

Qualities of a gay icon often include glamour, flamboyance, strength through adversity, and androgyny. Such icons may be heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or transgendered; they may also be closeted or open with their sexual orientation and gender identity. Although most gay icons have given their support to LGBT social movements, some have expressed opposition, advocating against a perceived homosexual agenda.

Historical icons are typically elevated to such status because their sexual orientation remains a topic of great debate among historians. Modern gay icons, who are predominantly female entertainers, typically garner a large following within LGBT communities over the course of their careers. The majority of gay icons fall into one of two categories: the tragic, sometimes suicidal figure or the prominent pop culture idol.[...]

p.s. for most gay people in san francisco, mayor george moscone was much more of a gay icon than milk. and moscone was hetero and he fought harder for gay rights in san francisco than milk ever did...

just saying..so you'd get the facts straight. a movie does not a hero make..
« Last Edit: 2010-07-10 01:47:28 by Mermaid » Report to moderator   Logged
MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2010-07-10 02:33:03 »

« Last Edit: 2010-07-10 02:50:12 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2010-07-10 11:38:52 »

« Last Edit: 2010-07-10 11:45:39 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-07-10 12:23:45 »

what are you talking about? you suggested harvey milk for 'virian gay icon' after seeing a movie?

first of all, why should cov have a 'gay icon' as a saint? being gay isnt a virtue. its insulting to gays as well as the rest of the others. san francisco is my town. i know more about this place and its history than you ever will..

if there ever was a saint who needs canonisation, its moscone. moscone was a true blue san franciscan who fought for gay rights. milk was a gay man from new york who lost most of the times he ran for office until moscone gave him a chance as supervisor. dan white was a loony who lost his job and his sanity..and who went on a killing rampage. milk had PR..moscone didnt have enough to make him a movie. while most of us admire milk for his energy and spirit, it is not enough to suggest that we canonise him on cov. what exactly is your reason? that you saw a movie?

secondly, you are a fucking moron for trying to 'call out' to hermit. i did suggest to hermit to stop interacting in cov because of your moronic chat rants about hermit being homophobic. hermit first introduced me to cov in 1998. before i even met him, he raved on and on about lucifer and cov. i remember we were standing at a gas station in oregon and he explained the word 'meme' to me. he said cov was the future. how you lot turned against him. i also remember the way he treated you at the virian meet at his place. you were like a brother to him. the way you(and some others) have been treating him is unacceptable and reflects on the kind of shit you are.... hermit and i have always had differences..he is a lot of things..he was my best friend during a time when i needed one and in some sense he always will be a friend to me. after the crap you dished out about him on chat...and behind his back... why the fuck are you trying to reach out to him again and again? if a man doesnt have loyalty, he is nothing more than a piece of shit. this place doesnt deserve hermit. so stop.

Quote from: MoEnzyme on 2010-07-10 02:33:03   

Quote from: Trollmaid on 2010-07-10 01:40:27   

*cringe*

who is a gay icon?

acc to wiki: [url = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_icon]

[...]A gay icon is a historical figure, celebrity  or public figure who is embraced by many within lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender  (LGBT) communities; Dykon, a portmanteau  of "dyke" and "icon," has recently entered the lexicon to describe lesbian icons.[1]

Qualities of a gay icon often include glamour, flamboyance, strength through adversity, and androgyny. Such icons may be heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or transgendered; they may also be closeted or open with their sexual orientation and gender identity. Although most gay icons have given their support to LGBT social movements, some have expressed opposition, advocating against a perceived homosexual agenda.

Historical icons are typically elevated to such status because their sexual orientation remains a topic of great debate among historians. Modern gay icons, who are predominantly female entertainers, typically garner a large following within LGBT communities over the course of their careers. The majority of gay icons fall into one of two categories: the tragic, sometimes suicidal figure or the prominent pop culture idol.[...]

p.s. for most gay people in san francisco, mayor george moscone was much more of a gay icon than milk. and moscone was hetero and he fought harder for gay rights in san francisco than milk ever did...

just saying..so you'd get the facts straight. a movie does not a hero make..

Trollmaid,
Have you seen the movie? If so can you please tell me what specifically is inaccurate about it instead just this vague insinuation? Have you even read the wikipedia? You sound ignorant of the things you speak of, as usual for you. Why don't you actually read something before you just pop off at the mouth like idiot lacking impulse control? Too much effort for your lazy brain, or are you just too busy posing for your computer camera?
MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2010-07-10 13:24:51 »

« Last Edit: 2010-07-10 13:28:55 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-07-10 13:41:46 »

right. whatever.

moving on..i take it that you concede re milk.

Quote from: MoEnzyme on 2010-07-10 13:24:51   

Quote from: Trollmaid on 2010-07-10 12:23:45   

secondly, you are a fucking moron for trying to 'call out' to hermit. i did suggest to hermit to stop interacting in cov because of your moronic chat rants about hermit being homophobic. hermit first introduced me to cov in 1998. before i even met him, he raved on and on about lucifer and cov. i remember we were standing at a gas station in oregon and he explained the word 'meme' to me. he said cov was the future. how you lot turned against him. i also remember the way he treated you at the virian meet at his place. you were like a brother to him. the way you(and some others) have been treating him is unacceptable and reflects on the kind of shit you are.... hermit and i have always had differences..he is a lot of things..he was my best friend during a time when i needed one and in some sense he always will be a friend to me. after the crap you dished out about him on chat...and behind his back... why the fuck are you trying to reach out to him again and again? if a man doesnt have loyalty, he is nothing more than a piece of shit. this place doesnt deserve hermit. so stop.

This is what Trollmaid is really here for, and in all other regards a clueless child. Oh wait, she said, "fuck", so its okay now to just call her the stupid cunt she really is. I see she's Hermit's champion troll in shining armor in his absence now. I wonder if he actually agreed to that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: