logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-26 16:37:03 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Read the first edition of the Ideohazard

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Church Doctrine

to mo enzyme: re your bizarre behaviour
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: to mo enzyme: re your bizarre behaviour  (Read 6369 times)
Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
to mo enzyme: re your bizarre behaviour
« on: 2010-02-17 13:00:47 »

are you off your medications? you just deleted all your posts in the alan turing thread and locked it...effectively making it impossible for anything to make sense.
Report to moderator   Logged
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Re:to mo enzyme: re your bizarre behaviour
« Reply #1 on: 2010-02-17 14:39:23 »

Exactly. I didn't see anyway to delete it, so I figured it was the next best thing. If Lucifer would delete it for me, I'd appreciate it. If someone else wants a discussion thread on Alan Turing they can start it for themselves. I'm not going to be responsible for it. I'm just putting the vote up that's all.

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-02-17 15:02:44 »

i don't get it. why would you want to delete it?

*you* started and contributed to a thread. you solicited opinions and replies for the selection of a cov saint..not a political issue..not a debate..not personal jabbering. this was official cov matter.

also, why lock it? i understand that you dont have the courage of conviction to stand behind the words YOU typed, but why on earth would you lock it? what gives you the right to deny the rest of us access to our own words?

Quote from: MoEnzyme on 2010-02-17 14:39:23   

Exactly. I didn't see anyway to delete it, so I figured it was the next best thing. If Lucifer would delete it for me, I'd appreciate it. If someone else wants a discussion thread on Alan Turing they can start it for themselves. I'm not going to be responsible for it. I'm just putting the vote up that's all.
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010-02-17 17:17:52 »

Quote:
what gives you the right to deny the rest of us access to our own words?

Apparently this bbs software. And your words are still there, I only deleted my posts. The discussion was unproductive, meaningless and distracting so I killed it. If you want to start your own Alan Turing discussion thread to avoid my tyranny you are free to do so.

PS. it still makes perfect sense to me with all of Hermits posts. It was basically one long winding thread about Hermit having a conversation with himself first declaring, "You have no disagreement on Alan Turing from me" and then dishonestly dithering about to and fro trying to rationalize his vote against Alan Turing as Virian saint and then blaming it all on me. Which is basically what he said in his comment when he voted "no".

Quote:
MoEnzyme has convinced me that Turing will be regarded in the US as a Gay Icon, not a Virian one.

One could only imagine what his attempt to shirk his own responsibility in his comment conceals. Certainly nothing about Alan Turing had changed from the begining to the end of the thread, and Hermit assured me he knew all about Alan Turing before we ever started. I never knew Hermit to care so much about the US and homosexuality before in making important decisions, nor why it was suddenly so important for this one. Nor even why being a "gay icon" (his words not mine) should disqualify anyone for CoV sainthood. Who-d-a-thunk it? I guess hearing about man on man gay sex just pushes what's left of his sanity over the cliff. If I'd known that ahead of time I wouldn't have started the thread at all.

PPS - generally when it comes to votes like this I make them as I see them on their merits and my values applied thereto. Apparently Hermit, being so much more brilliant than the rest of us, must game the system, inquire on everyone else's intentions first, and then make his decision based on some strange social metaphysics that only he seems able to understand, and then blame his vote on other people. So its not his fault he's voting no, it's the US and Mo making him do it. Amazing! I wish I could be so smart.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-17 22:51:19 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010-02-17 23:43:35 »

MoEnzyme has no posts on the thread he has locked, but I do, and I object to it being deleted. The locked thread embodies a lot of work and thinking and shows the evolution of thought from my strong sponsorship of Turing to my being persuaded by MoEnzyme that Turing would not make a suitable saint for the CoV due to the probability that many Americans would assume that he had been selected  as a "gay icon" rather than as a memeticist and contributor to humanity.

Should the US become less sexually obsessed and less homophobic, or should the CoV appoint a number of other less easily misinterpreted thinkers as Saints prior to beautifying Turing, reducing the probability of miscommunication, I will probably change my stance.

Given that MoEnzyme is no longer represented on that thread, I request he unlock it.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010-02-18 00:09:18 »

I am represented on the thread. I started it and I wrote the first post. I will not unlock it. The thread is available for you to cut and paste from. You may even start your own thread and paste it in . . . but you didn't need me to tell you that, or have you stopped thinking for yourself in other ways as well?

Mo Enzyme

Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-02-18 01:36:07 »

what nonsense. if you want to delete your words, go for it...but why make the rest of us who had contributed to the thread look as though we are speaking to ourselves?

this seems like a calculated move to make everyone except you 'foolish'...i'd bet you are unaware that it is you who is coming across as unbalanced, moronic and utterly insecure.

who would ever want to engage you in anything remotely resembling a discussion or a conversation in cov again? what is the guarantee that you wouldnt delete your words and lock up threads you started on the bbs?

unlock it.

Quote from: MoEnzyme on 2010-02-18 00:09:18   

I am represented on the thread. I started it and I wrote the first post. I will not unlock it. The thread is available for you to cut and paste from. You may even start your own thread and paste it in . . . but you didn't need me to tell you that, or have you stopped thinking for yourself in other ways as well?
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2010-02-18 01:46:27 »

Quote from: Hermit on 2010-02-17 23:43:35   
MoEnzyme has no posts on the thread he has locked, but I do, and I object to it being deleted. The locked thread embodies a lot of work and thinking and shows the evolution of thought from my strong sponsorship of Turing to my being persuaded by MoEnzyme that Turing would not make a suitable saint for the CoV due to the probability that many Americans would assume that he had been selected  as a "gay icon" rather than as a memeticist and contributor to humanity.

Should the US become less sexually obsessed and less homophobic, or should the CoV appoint a number of other less easily misinterpreted thinkers as Saints prior to beautifying Turing, reducing the probability of miscommunication, I will probably change my stance.

I just can't get over how stupid this reasoning is, and so I thought I would quote it. Even if I did make my decisions this way, I would hope I would have a shred of embarassment about sharing it so openly. So rather than deciding on whats good for the CoV,  - an international group of intellectuals, at least we hope we still are - based on the virtues and sins, Hermit wants instead to decide whats good for the United States based on what they would think of us choosing Alan Turing as our saint because he suspects that some other CoV voters might have had impure motives for supporting Turing even though there are abundant and overwhelming good reasons they could have also voted for Turing Sainthood. Somewhere along the line you forgot to mention whether or not the Ugandans might suspect the CoV of being part of an international Gay conspiracy if we choose him, but I wouldn't be surprised if you considered it.

That's some pretty fucked up thinking you are trying to do for the rest of the world, Hermit, no wonder you don't have any time left to think for yourself. I made it a simple yes or no vote with no CoV wiki just for you so you wouldn't have to sign up for extra meanings other than whether or not Turing is a good saint, where the only intentions that matter are yours, no comment is necessary and you still manage to act like a chatty idiot on crack. Or are you just drinking a whole lot more alcohol these days? Anyway, I'm not going to sponsor that anymore, and since it was my thread I chose to lock it, and so it shall remain. I don't like regularly locking up my threads that way, but if you want to spew idiotic turds like this and explain at length how your no vote really means that you are so much more enlightened and less homophobic than those dumbass Amerikans, and how Alan Turing is really too good for the CoV anyway even if he were a "gay icon", you may certainly do so on your own thread.

I still like things about you Hermit, but you've really earned the dunce cap in this episode. And I hurl invective at you mostly because that's how you often treat others and usually seem to enjoy it, secondarily because you are currently acting like moron, and lastly but only barely because I don't think you want to be honest about why you are against Alan Turing (evidenced by your comment disclaiming your responsibility for your own vote). The first two are sufficient reasons, so I'm willing to be wrong about the last one even though it seems fairly obvious to me by now.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-18 04:01:30 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010-02-18 02:20:45 »

Quote from: Mermaid on 2010-02-18 01:36:07   

what nonsense. if you want to delete your words, go for it...but why make the rest of us who had contributed to the thread look as though we are speaking to ourselves?

this seems like a calculated move to make everyone except you 'foolish'...i'd bet you are unaware that it is you who is coming across as unbalanced, moronic and utterly insecure.

who would ever want to engage you in anything remotely resembling a discussion or a conversation in cov again? what is the guarantee that you wouldnt delete your words and lock up threads you started on the bbs?

unlock it.

And yet a third time the answer is no. I will not unlock it. I agree its not the way interaction should ideally go. Perhaps you and Hermit will think twice about interacting with me in the future. I figured that risk when I did it and I'm willing to live with that possibility. I've talked privately with Fritz since he was the only other person remotely involved, and I think he understands that it wasn't directed at him and why I did it. Fritz mentioned something on the voting thread about the suicide issue. I would have liked to have addressed that point on the first thread too, but Hermit was sucking all the oxygen out of the room obsessing about whether Alan Turing was really a "gay icon" or not. I'm sorry Blunderov, you were the only other one, but with only one post. I liked your point too, I hope you will forgive me.

I think I've said everything I have to say about this. As far as I am concerned this post-mortem is over.

Mo Enzyme

Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-02-18 02:27:28 »

you have deleted your words. fine..ok.

now..why would you lock it? i am trying to comprehend the motivation behind you locking up the thread after effectively sucking all the sense out of our words by deleting your posts. you could have just said that you no longer want to be part of the discussion.

why delete your posts? why lock the thread? at this point, i no longer care.

you dont have to type a single word in that thread anymore. i am trying to understand why you wont unlock the thread. your words may belong to you, but you dont own the topic. it's not yours.

unlock it.

Quote from: MoEnzyme on 2010-02-18 02:20:45   

Quote from: Mermaid on 2010-02-18 01:36:07   

unlock it.

And yet a third time the answer is no. I will not unlock it. I agree its not the way interaction should ideally go. Perhaps you and Hermit will think twice about interacting with me in the future. I figured that risk when I did it and I'm willing to live with that possibility. I've talked privately with Fritz since he was the only other person remotely involved, and I think he understands that it wasn't directed at him and why I did it. Fritz mentioned something on the voting thread about the suicide issue. I would have liked to have addressed that point on the first thread too, but Hermit was sucking all the oxygen out of the room obsessing about whether Alan Turing was really a "gay icon" or not. I'm sorry Blunderov, you were the only other one, but with only one post. I liked your point too, I hope you will forgive me.

I think I've said everything I have to say about this. As far as I am concerned this post-mortem is over.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-18 02:30:19 by Mermaid » Report to moderator   Logged
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2010-02-18 02:28:55 »

no

Mo Enzyme

Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-02-18 02:31:56 »

pathetic.

Quote from: MoEnzyme on 2010-02-18 02:28:55   

no
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2010-02-18 04:38:34 »

Incidentally, I don't even oppose you and or Hermit going onto the Turing vote announcement thread and making your case. No matter how catastrophic I won't be locking that one up until at least after the vote becomes decisive and is finalized and intend to give some days notice. I'm generally not into starting threads with the intention that they fail so miserably, but ocassionally it happens and rarely should it require the delete and lock treatment, but when it does its definitely the right thing to do. On the vote thread I'm just not going to engage in any Turing discussions or commentary myself on it beyond the technicalities or current status of the vote, and will likely be either ignoring you or reading quietly. You can restart your conversations without me. If they were so compelling I'm sure you won't need my help in recreating them.

And of course finally, you are right I don't own the topic, but according to the BBS setup I "own" the thread at least in terms of locking or unlocking it, and hence the responsibility. I don't take it lightly. You can start your own thread with a Turing topic . . . the same topic even. or call it Saint Alan Turing part 2.

Okay I'm repeating myself several times, so I must really be done now.

This post-mortem is really, really over now.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-18 18:18:07 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2010-02-19 14:21:22 »

His faculties apparently in a fragile state, Mo Enzyme elected to assign me a reputation of 1. I have reciprocated to reduce his influence.

On a point of order, as far as the voting on Turing is concerned, not having finalized the current beautification process and not having established a wikipage before the vote was established I am not sure that the result changes anything, although it does confirm that Turing is much admired. It may be that those advocating him for beatitude ought to look at the links to the wiki posted by me in the Saint Alan Turing thread before MoEnzyme had a brainstorm, deleted all his posts on that thread, and locked the thread.

« Last Edit: 2010-02-19 14:22:52 by Hermit » Report to moderator   Logged

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2010-02-19 15:53:59 »

Quote from: Hermit on 2010-02-19 14:21:22   
His faculties apparently in a fragile state, Mo Enzyme elected to assign me a reputation of 1. I have reciprocated to reduce his influence.

On a point of order, as far as the voting on Turing is concerned, not having finalized the current beautification process and not having established a wikipage before the vote was established I am not sure that the result changes anything, although it does confirm that Turing is much admired. It may be that those advocating him for beatitude ought to look at the links to the wiki posted by me in the Saint Alan Turing thread before MoEnzyme had a brainstorm, deleted all his posts on that thread, and locked the thread.

For Hypatia who had an extremely small amount of source material a wikipage made a lot of sense, for interpretation as well as informational purposes. For Alan Turing, on the other hand there is abundant material very readily available on the Internet. A wikipage would only be redundant and pointless. We all know who Alan Turing was and he needs no interpretation - if anyone is unfamiliar its very easy research.  He's much more like Darwin in that regard, in fact even more so. The only reason I considered a wikipage on Turing was because you suggested it; at the time you suggested it sounded like a simple if unnecessary task and so for the sake of consensus I went along at the time. The only purpose creating wiki at this point would serve would be for you to delay the process, and continue your obsessive filibuster about whether or not Alan Turing is a "gay icon" - which apparently you've decided would disqualify Alan Turing for sainthood if in fact he were.

That kind of thinking and behavior, rates a "1" on its merits, doubly so given this latest lack of discretion you display. As long as you continue, that's the rating you will receive from me, and I share that only because you publicly whined about it. I normally don't advertise my Meridion ratings of other people on the BBS mostly because they are available to other Meridion participants if they care, because I change them somewhat from time to time, and of course because normally unless someone joins the system an individual's rating of someone else isn't available to the public at large . . . unless of course we start advertising them on the BBS as you have now chosen to do.

Apparently deciding things on the merits is beyond your current capacity. Turing can't be a Saint - not because he doesn't reflect our values in the CoV - but because the citizens of the US are homophobic; Mo deserves a "1" because he gave you a "1" (however quietly) and you want to retaliate and publicly brag about it. On the merits you continue to display moronic reasoning . . . not only that, you seem unashamed to publicly share that with others and frankly I find it embarrassing to share the same conversations with you because of it. I know you are capable of better; Joe Dees is capable of better too, but somewhere along the line he took leave of his better senses and never returned. I hope you make it back one day.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-19 16:45:18 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: