logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-23 12:38:57 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Donations now taken through PayPal

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Church Doctrine

to mo enzyme: re your bizarre behaviour
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: to mo enzyme: re your bizarre behaviour  (Read 6366 times)
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
Re:to mo enzyme: re your bizarre behaviour
« Reply #30 on: 2010-02-20 22:58:35 »

Cats don't spray poop around before trying to bury it.

Spraying poop better describes the actions of a panicked rhino than anything that a feline might do, and is a pretty good description of MoEnzyme of late.

Blundering around spraying shit.

With apologies to any rhinos in the vicinity.

MoEnzymeAtWork.jpg
Report to moderator   Logged

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2010-02-20 22:59:53 »

Nice picture.

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010-02-21 12:18:35 »

Quote from: MoEnzyme on 2010-02-20 22:45:15   

Mermaid,

Do you actually think about anything you've read before you respond? In my last post I continue to deal with the same issues I always have. Yes, regardless of the wiki, sainting Alan Turing may "force" us to deal with some issues concerning the circumstances of his death, and his homosexual behavior (gasp! horror! shock!) may be one of them - in addition to his suicide which you both seem oddly indifferent about in comparison.

1. why should sainting turing 'force' us to deal with his homosexuality.

2. i cant speak for hermit, but i can tell you that i was raised to indeed be *indifferent* to others' sexuality. i cringe when i see it written on cov that we have to take a 'stand' on homosexuality. i have no stand. i dont want to be forced through cov to take a position on turing's homosexuality. maybe it *is* an american obsession..this taking of sides when it comes to personal issues..especially homosexuality.

3.re turing's death...while the british law was bordering on criminal, there have been gay people before, during and after turing's time in england. i would hazard a guess that no more than a handful of english homosexuals were prosecuted. do we have an official cov stand on american 'dont ask, dont tell' policy?
4.its bristlingly annoying to be asked to take a stand on homosexuality. what did you imagine it to be.. 'i support it'? 'i like it?' 'i would rather be gay.'...really...tell us. what is this 'stand' virians are supposed to take..? please..enquiring minds want to know..
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2010-02-21 17:04:33 »

From my perspective and that of most people I know, Mermaid is absolutely correct. One person's sexual preferences and or orientation are entirely their business, unless another is physically involved in or invited to their activities. Outside of that one exception, they can state their sexual persuasion/orientation, demonstrate it, or you may know, infer or guess about what it is, but it remains their business, not anyone else's."

If you have invited somebody to your bed, or they have invited you to theirs, you can discuss sexual orientation and preference if it is significant to you, and deal with which parts, concave or convex, go where. There is always a way and scenes like the following are seldom required:

There was once a queer of Khartoum
    Took a lesbian up to his room
    They spent the whole night
    In one hell of a fight
    Over who would do what and to whom.

It being none of my business, i have no stand to take with anyone else's sexuality, reject the idea that I should take a stand and suspect that prurience born of sexual repression motivates those who do.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-22 13:21:23 by Hermit » Report to moderator   Logged

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2010-02-21 17:15:53 »

Mermaid, in the midst of a human rights issue, this is probably the most idiotic question I could imagine asking.

Quote:
4.its bristlingly annoying to be asked to take a stand on homosexuality. what did you imagine it to be.. 'i support it'? 'i like it?' 'i would rather be gay.'...really...tell us. what is this 'stand' virians are supposed to take..? please..enquiring minds want to know..

Hermit's response was kind, but its still looking like the blind leading the blind. I actually agree with his position here, but I'm a bit frightened to say so since it might push him back over the edge. But like you he's mostly just avoiding the human rights (aka governmental policy) issue which is what the Turing issue is about.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-21 17:25:42 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010-02-21 17:22:16 »

what do you mean 'human rights' issue?

if you want to speak of american homophobia/obsessions in its current political context, you could perhaps make it a separate thread...or even another vote.

why drag turing into american sexual and moral politics?

Quote from: MoEnzyme on 2010-02-21 17:15:53   

Mermaid, in the midst of a human rights issue, this is probably the most idiotic question I could imagine asking.

Quote:
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2010-02-21 19:11:37 »

MoEnzyme - your continuous use of projection, loaded questions and assertions that I am over the edge or abusing alcohol when you are behaving like a fuckwit who has lost his meds is not really appreciated. Particularly when I'm not the one with a history in this regard. You might want to invest in a mirror.

Once you have looked into a mirror, please answer Mermaid's question. What exactly is the stand on homosexuality you want to force the CoV into taking by appointing Turing as a Virian saint?

And by the way, attempting to reframe the debate as a human rights issue when I understand that is it about your statement that appointing Turing as a Virian Saint would force the CoV to take a stand on homosexuality is a classic example of a logical fallacy, evasive, facile and always erroneous.  You have been called on it. Now answer the question already.

PS You almost got away with disclaiming that 'but dishonesty is not one of my "issues" ' as I wasn't reading you as closely as I should have, but having noticed it, let me call you on that too. In my opinion, your voting me down on Meridion, establishing alts on Meridion and deletion of your posts was and is blatant dishonesty.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-21 19:49:28 by Hermit » Report to moderator   Logged

Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2010-02-21 21:39:17 »

My call for action followed your use of loaded questions, innuendo and assertion against me, invective against Mermaid and dishonestly minimizing the value of my opinion by rating me to 1 and then compounding it by deleting your diatribes and locking the threads, including the new one begun by you. Now are you going to further compound your dishonesty and claim that wasn't the reason you deleted your writing?

Now stop sidetracking and answer the questions.

First the questions Mermaid asked based on the words you have deleted. Here they are:

3. do we have an official cov stand on american 'dont ask, dont tell' policy?
4. really...tell us. what is this 'stand' virians are supposed to take..? please..enquiring minds want to know..

And mine:

What exactly is the stand on homosexuality you want to force the CoV into taking by appointing Turing as a Virian saint?

I'll add a second question based on your previous assertions and the threats implicit in:
Church of Virus BBS, General, Church Doctrine, to mo enzyme: re your bizarre behaviour, Reply 29, 2010-02-20, MoEnzyme

which will likely happen regardless of your backwardness or Hermit's publicly bragging about the "1" rating he's given me. Its all already been figured into the problem even if these things haven't yet crossed your currently shrunken consciousness.
    If you'd pull your head out of your ass you'd recognize that, and if these are important issues to perhaps you and Hermit SHOULD consider these things seriously instead of just chastising me for it.

Why do you continue to assert that, "I felt that a simple up or down vote bypassed all these issues"?
« Last Edit: 2010-02-21 21:49:52 by Hermit » Report to moderator   Logged

Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010-02-21 21:58:53 »

Quote from: MoEnzyme on 2010-02-21 17:15:53   

But like you he's mostly just avoiding the human rights (aka governmental policy) issue which is what the Turing issue is about.

what does this even mean? what does "human rights(governmental policy)" have to do with the turing nomination?

are you voting to saint turing for his contributions as a computing pioneer? or are you voting in turing for virian saint because homosexuality was illegal in england and he was a victim of anti-homosexual laws?

its not like we are voting on homosexuality. homosexuals are not 'special'. surely, you dont believe that homosexuals are saints. which kinda states my case, i guess. it's not like we are voting against persecution. are we going to start having virian saints because they were persecuted by those in power?

if that is the case, i would like to nominate jesus christ for virian saint. will you be writing the wiki page on jc? or perhaps we should ask lucifer to write jc's wiki page just as he did with turing? you know...devil's advocate and all that.
Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010-02-21 22:13:26 »

when america is waging two separate wars, the headlines are about a millionaire pro golfer apologising on national television for being randy with others who werent his wife.

we are asked to take a 'stand' on homosexuality while voting for a virian saint.

i have lived in three continents and i find this obsession with others' sexuality a curiously retarded american mental illness. i mean...women have to fight for reproductive rights, abortion is..how you say...'frowned' upon....people in love cannot get married because they are of the same gender. the problem is not that enough people do not take a 'stand' on 'human rights issues or governmental policies'...its because way too many people are obsessed with others' sexuality and "morality" thereby making it a human rights issue and hatching embarrassing governmental policies...if anything, i think more people should learn to curb their enthusiasm when it comes to taking a 'stand' on issues that is not their own.
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2010-02-22 09:54:53 »

I wish to clarify only one point. Hermit says that I'm asserting alcohol abuse on his part. I did ask a somewhat rhetorical question earlier about whether Hermit was "consuming a whole lot more alcohol lately", which he apparently interpreted as an assertion. Looking back on it, I can now see how one might misinterpret that, so I just thought I would make this clarification: I have never known Hermit to use alcohol irresponsibly; I've also never known Hermit to use other mind altering drugs; I was in fact simply inquiring on the causes of his lapse in reasoning abeit somewhat rhetorically.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-22 11:50:34 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2010-02-22 11:35:34 »

Thank-you for the "clarification". Now please answer the other questions raised by your assertions.

First the questions Mermaid asked based on the words you have deleted. Here they are:

4. really...tell us. what is this 'stand' virians are supposed to take..? please..enquiring minds want to know..

And mine:

What exactly is the stand on homosexuality you want to force the CoV into taking by appointing Turing as a Virian saint?

I'll add a second question based on your previous assertions and the threats implicit in:
Church of Virus BBS, General, Church Doctrine, to mo enzyme: re your bizarre behaviour, Reply 29, 2010-02-20, MoEnzyme

which will likely happen regardless of your backwardness or Hermit's publicly bragging about the "1" rating he's given me. Its all already been figured into the problem even if these things haven't yet crossed your currently shrunken consciousness.
    If you'd pull your head out of your ass you'd recognize that, and if these are important issues to perhaps you and Hermit SHOULD consider these things seriously instead of just chastising me for it.

Why do you continue to assert that, "I felt that a simple up or down vote bypassed all these issues"?

MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2010-02-22 12:06:53 »

Quote from: Hermit on 2010-02-22 11:35:34   
Thank-you for the "clarification".

Yes, of course. You are welcome. I wouldn't want to be "the one" who would actually libel or slander anyone, least of all you. My manners may not always be ideal, but I try to keep my misbehavior within reasonable limits.

Love,

-Mo
« Last Edit: 2010-02-22 12:34:02 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2010-02-22 13:42:15 »

For somebody who said a whole lot, and is apparently watching this thread like a hawk, there are a large number of answers missing. Their absence speaks volumes about the degree of dissonance you are internalizing. In the absence of more substantive responses, questions multiply.

Mermaid:

Hermit:
    1) What exactly is the stand on homosexuality you want to force the CoV into taking by appointing Turing as a Virian saint?
    2) I'll add a second question based on your previous assertions and the threats implicit in:

3) Do you not care?
    4) Are you incapable of cleaning up the mess you have made?
    5) Do you imagine that some version of the 5th Amendment applies in debate?
    6) Are you merely, as the military code charmingly refers to it, engaging in dumb insolence?
    7) Do your words and thoughts count for so little that we should discount them as heavily as you do?
    Is there something else entirely behind your inability to answer simple questions about your own assertions?
« Last Edit: 2010-02-22 13:45:16 by Hermit » Report to moderator   Logged

MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2010-02-22 14:11:36 »

Hey! I've got this nice shiney mirror here, . . . just in case you need to borrow one.

« Last Edit: 2010-02-22 14:27:20 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: