logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-17 20:11:39 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Read the first edition of the Ideohazard

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Church Doctrine

to mo enzyme: re your bizarre behaviour
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: to mo enzyme: re your bizarre behaviour  (Read 6353 times)
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
Re:to mo enzyme: re your bizarre behaviour
« Reply #45 on: 2010-02-22 21:06:33 »

[MoEnzyme]    Posted on: Today at 07:11:36
Hey! I've got this nice shiney mirror here, . . . just in case you need to borrow one.

[Hermit] Tu Quoque?

[Hermit] Nobody else said:

MoEnzyme] I had some inkling that Alan Turing was going to force us to take a stand on homosexuality - and hence GLBT cultural issues in general. And I certainly haven't been disappointed, I've heard Alan described as a gay man before his time, someone out of the closet when that had dangerous and criminal consequence.

[Hermit] You did.

[Hermit] The questions stem from your assertions, claims that your viewpoint reflected the majority of Americans and vicious attempted defense of your assertions before you dishonestly deleted your own words. We are waiting on you to respond to the questions that your words and actions have raised. The questions are not going to go away just because you bury your head in the sand and whistle logical fallacies with your anus.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-22 21:12:04 by Hermit » Report to moderator   Logged

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010-02-22 22:15:25 »

Quote from: Hermit on 2010-02-22 21:06:33   

[MoEnzyme]    Posted on: Today at 07:11:36
Hey! I've got this nice shiney mirror here, . . . just in case you need to borrow one.

[Hermit] Tu Quoque?

[Hermit] Nobody else said:

[MoEnzyme] I had some inkling that Alan Turing was going to force us to take a stand on homosexuality - and hence GLBT cultural issues in general. And I certainly haven't been disappointed, I've heard Alan described as a gay man before his time, someone out of the closet when that had dangerous and criminal consequence.

[Hermit] You did.

[Hermit] The questions stem from your assertions, claims that your viewpoint reflected the majority of Americans and vicious attempted defense of your assertions before you dishonestly deleted your own words. We are waiting on you to respond to the questions that your words and actions have raised. The questions are not going to go away just because you bury your head in the sand and whistle logical fallacies with your anus.

"gay man before his time, someone out of the closet when that had dangerous and criminal consequence."?

oscar wilde is probably rolling in his grave....laughing his gay british arse off...

[...]

Under cross examination Wilde presented an eloquent defence:

Charles Gill (prosecuting): What is "the love that dare not speak its name?"

Wilde: "The love that dare not speak its name" in this century is such a great affection of an elder for a younger man as there was between David and Jonathan, such as Plato made the very basis of his philosophy, and such as you find in the sonnets of Michelangelo and Shakespeare. It is that deep spiritual affection that is as pure as it is perfect. It dictates and pervades great works of art, like those of Shakespeare and Michelangelo, and those two letters of mine, such as they are. It is in this century misunderstood, so much misunderstood that it may be described as "the love that dare not speak its name," and on that account of it I am placed where I am now. It is beautiful, it is fine, it is the noblest form of affection. There is nothing unnatural about it. It is intellectual, and it repeatedly exists between an older and a younger man, when the older man has intellect, and the younger man has all the joy, hope and glamour of life before him. That it should be so, the world does not understand. The world mocks at it, and sometimes puts one in the pillory for it."

Report to moderator   Logged
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2010-03-28 18:44:38 »

I have nothing more to say on Mermaid's "to mo enzyme: re your bizarre behaviour" thread, and will no longer post here.

3/13/2011 - ps. I've created a thread in the "Free For All" section to address any further possible issues regarding Hermit's and Mermaid's complaints and/or opposition to the 2010 illumination of Alan Turing as the third Church of Virus saint instead of cluttering up threads in the Doctrine section. The doctrine is settled, so any more post mortems belong in the free for all thread http://www.churchofvirus.org/bbs/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=43681;start=0;boardseen=1
« Last Edit: 2011-03-13 10:59:47 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: