logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-30 02:20:04 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the IRC chat feature.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Free For All

Help! I'm new here!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Help! I'm new here!  (Read 2734 times)
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
Re:Help! I'm new here!
« Reply #15 on: 2003-09-29 02:09:20 »

While any church is ultimately defined by its membership, the CoV is, in comparison at least to other churches, somewhat peculiar. Not least because, regarding dogma as harmful, we have designed ourselves, as seems proper to us, to "evolve," in order to maintain and expand our fitness to communicate our ideas and so hopefully improve the world, our members and mankind.

We are currently in a state of transition, attempting to evolve in order to broaden our appeal and our membership. This means that there are a lot of changes happening all at once - and a not entirely insignificant number of "bumps" in the road. As one of the "Agents of Change," I have picked up a fair number of arrows in my back. Some deserved (but maybe necessary or at least pragmatic), some probably less so. Neither case is particularly significant in the grand scheme of things as time will tell. Hopefully what results in the end will be better for the members, and more attractive - and compelling - for new members,

Have fun

Hermit

PS Read the FAQs, visit the Wiki, enjoy the main list and consider joining the reputation system (To do so, simply go there, click "Enter Ratings" on the bottom right and start rating those people you know.). Having done so, don't forget to vote. Like most things in life, the more you put into the CoV, the more you will get out of it (and the higher the reputation you will earn. If you are familiar with IRC, point your client at irc.lucifer.com:6667 and join #virus and possibly #rats. Particularly on Tuesday evenings in #virus at around 21:00 Central Time, as that is when we hold our weekly discussion meetings. If you don't know IRC, you can still join via the website which has a chat agent. There is also a FAQ about IRC (See FAQ:The Joy of IRC, Reply #2. If you need more help, just ask.
Report to moderator   Logged

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: