logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-26 08:55:49 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Donations now taken through PayPal

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Suggestion Box

The Future of the Church of Virus
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: The Future of the Church of Virus  (Read 23755 times)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
The Future of the Church of Virus
« on: 2012-03-21 11:56:33 »

Although I remain one of the most active, I haven't been as active as I was before on here. Probably one of the bigger reasons for this is how incompatible the php format is with Facebook. About a decade ago we switched from the email list format to this BBS format. For a while it worked. Now it doesn't. I think if we want it to work it needs to be more compatible with facebook since that is now the dominant social media format. I can't usefully link to any posts here from there.
Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:The Future of the Church of Virus
« Reply #1 on: 2012-03-22 17:37:00 »

Quote from: MoEnzyme on 2012-03-21 11:56:33   
Although I remain one of the most active, I haven't been as active as I was before on here. Probably one of the bigger reasons for this is how incompatible the php format is with Facebook. About a decade ago we switched from the email list format to this BBS format. For a while it worked. Now it doesn't. I think if we want it to work it needs to be more compatible with facebook since that is now the dominant social media format. I can't usefully link to any posts here from there.

Hey Mo,

Glad to see you are still kick'in, albeit a little damp in that part of the world.

I am of the impression that Facebook is 'evil' in every Christian sense of the word. A self server grab for industrial self gratification to make money by stealing and mining the thoughts of the many with little remuneration or regard for privacy.
I think'in not a good home for C0V unless we could skew all the data with our memes and be the outlier in the data sets :-)

I find CoV quite useable on my Blackberry compared to most sites, maybe Twitter could be a better tie in to start it is used by most media firms ?

How would we fund such an endeavor ?

What does the 'dark one' aka Lucifer believe ?

Cheers

Fritz
« Last Edit: 2012-03-22 17:43:01 by Fritz » Report to moderator   Logged

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2012-03-23 11:54:57 »

Quote from: Fritz on 2012-03-22 17:37:00   

Quote from: MoEnzyme on 2012-03-21 11:56:33   

Hey Mo,

Glad to see you are still kick'in, albeit a little damp in that part of the world.

I am of the impression that Facebook is 'evil' in every Christian sense of the word. A self server grab for industrial self gratification to make money by stealing and mining the thoughts of the many with little remuneration or regard for privacy.
I think'in not a good home for C0V unless we could skew all the data with our memes and be the outlier in the data sets :-)

I find CoV quite useable on my Blackberry compared to most sites, maybe Twitter could be a better tie in to start it is used by most media firms ?

How would we fund such an endeavor ?

What does the 'dark one' aka Lucifer believe ?

Cheers

Fritz

It's not as if we need to actually migrate to Facebook, but just that linking in BBS posts could be more compatible with that format. "Evil" or not, Facebook remains the most popular social media site, and if our material is not at least accessible there then we lose out on a lot of potential audience. I'm not sure about twitter since I don't use it, but I think it should be easy enough to make/keep it compatible with that as I've seen a lot of people tying in their twitter activity to facebook. In any case our activity has been steadily declining in the last few years, which I think is no coincidence as that more or less tracks with the growth of facebook.

Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 2012-03-25 02:07:30 »

So how do you want to link to/from facebook?
Walter Watts
Archon

Rate Walter Watts

Just when I thought I was out-they pull me back in

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 2012-03-26 20:06:20 »

I think we should deploy the Ideohazard logo as a link to CoV on every web page in the known universe!

Go CoV!

Can you get that taken care of by late this evening Lucifer?

;)

WW

PS--Fuck Facebook!

Walter Watts
Tulsa Network Solutions, Inc.

No one gets to see the Wizard! Not nobody! Not no how!
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2012-03-27 02:53:00 »

Quote from: David Lucifer on 2012-03-25 02:07:30   

So how do you want to link to/from facebook?

I would like to be able to link to specific threads on the BBS from my facebook wall, or from comments in other threads. To show you what I am talking about, I will try to post a link to this thread on your Facebook wall, Lucifer, and you will see what I am talking about.

-Mo

Walter! Good to see you here again. I'm feeling the good-times nostalgia coming back even.

Mo Enzyme

MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2012-03-27 03:30:32 »

I think I can link to a general board, but not a specific thread, and since the threads scroll anyways, linking to the board can become obsolete pretty quickly. In a comment I linked to the Suggestion Box but it isn't so useful to get to a specific thread especially once it scrolls out out of the first window.

Mo Enzyme

Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: