logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-05-14 16:50:12 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Open for business: The CoV Store!

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Serious Business

Center-Obama Nation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Center-Obama Nation  (Read 362 times)
MoEnzyme
Anarch

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Center-Obama Nation
« on: 2008-11-16 17:33:48 »

These right wing talking heads have been so thoroughly proven wrong over and over and over throughout their sucking up to an eight year administration that isn't even over yet. If John McCain couldn't avoid his connections with Bush, theirs are even more suspect. Any post election ideological lecturing after such a resounding political ass-kicking is far too premature certainly at least until the current administration is gone, and should be interpreted as sorrowful sniveling. It deserves nothing but derision and scornful humor. Listen here, all you spoiled neocon children, whether you like it or not, Barack Hussein Obama's administration will be defining the new center until you can pull your pathetic whiney-heads out of your asses. He's got his shit together . . . you don't. We've got adults in charge, so you don't get to define anything for a while until you grow up and face reality. End of game. Go home and lick your wounds little boys and girls. Try again at a more appropriate time - you need much more healing than you know, so don't make me laugh with shadenfreude. Love and Kisses. -Mo 

Center-Left vs. Center-right Nation
by Votemaster - Nov. 16th 2008.
http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2008/Pres/Maps/Nov16.html

Although the Democrats won huge victories in 2006 and 2008, a Republican talking point for weeks has been that this is still a center-right nation and Barack Obama had better govern from the center-right--or else. The basis for this statement is that more people self-identify as "conservative" than as "liberal." However, Tod Lindberg, a former editor for the Washington Times, a conservative newspaper, says the definitions of these terms have changed immensely over the years. So has the boundary of acceptable behavior.

Some examples may be illuminating. In, say, 1980, it would not have been acceptable for a Democratic candidate to have an unwed pregnant teenage daughter; now it makes a Republican candidate more human. In 1980, the Democrats would have been crucified if they had proposed nationalizing the banks; now a Republican administration de facto does it. In 1980, no Democrat even mentioned homosexuals in public, let alone argued that same-sex marriage should be legal; now about 40-50% of the country supports the idea and a substantial majority supports the same thing as long as it is called a "civil union" and not a "marriage." The list goes on with things that were at the outer limits of the Democrats' wildest dreams in 1980 and now most Democrats, many independents, and even some moderate Republicans support. The landscape has shift far to the left since Ronald Reagan first took office.

« Last Edit: 2008-11-16 19:56:25 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:Center-Obama Nation
« Reply #1 on: 2008-11-26 23:41:37 »

MO .... would you put this article in layman terms for me. Is the Gates renewal really as bad as some columnist are suggesting for the Democrat's honor ?

thx

Fritz

About Gates at DOD

Source: TPM
Author: Josh Marshall
Date: 11.12.08 -- 12:07PM

As you know, there was a lot of chatter yesterday about Obama keeping Bob Gates on at Defense for some indeterminate period of time. And we can talk a lot about whether or not that's a good thing. But what I'm not hearing a lot about in this discussion is the role of Brent Scowcroft. And I don't think any of this can be properly understood without reference to his role.

One thing to understand about Bob Gates is that he's a Scowcroft guy.

Scowcroft, to the best of my knowledge, never endorsed Obama. But he also, very pointedly, didn't endorse McCain either. And going back many months he's been an important player, far in the background and not for public consumption, in the Obama world. Remember, Hagel, who's sort of been Obama's Joe Lieberman (in the good sense) is very close to Scowcroft. He and Powell are close too. He's the guy who brings all this stuff together.

It's also worth knowing that Scowcroft has also been involved in a multi-year rearguard battle against the neocons in the Bush administration, especially in key efforts trying to block sundry wars with Iran, shut down John Bolton, etc.

This is not to say that Scowcroft is pulling anyone's strings. But to understand the Gates' decision (which I understand is going to happen) you need to look at this on-going conversation and perhaps even de facto alliance with the Scowcroft/GOP foreign policy world
Report to moderator   Logged

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
MoEnzyme
Anarch

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Re:Center-Obama Nation
« Reply #2 on: 2008-12-01 06:05:36 »

Fritz,
As for Gates, I think that if you look at this in light of the recent status of forces agreement and withdrawal deadline that Bush has accepted in Iraq, this makes more sense for Obama. http://www.churchofvirus.org/bbs/index.php?board=69;action=display;threadid=42436
Now that Bush has finally flip-flopped and conceded on everything he claimed to believe in Iraq (without actually admitting so), keeping Gates in place would simply represent the fulfillment of a policy that Obama now agrees with. Although Gates is known to pal around with neo-cons, he's not been known to be politically committed to their fairy-tale thinking like Rumsfeld was.
« Last Edit: 2008-12-01 06:16:06 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: