logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-05-14 11:19:55 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Do you want to know where you stand?

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Serious Business

Related to solar and wind energy:
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Related to solar and wind energy:  (Read 286 times)
Walter Watts
Archon

Rate Walter Watts

Just when I thought I was out-they pull me back in

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« on: 2008-11-08 17:55:52 »

I had an idea about rebuilding the passenger rail system across the country (for transportation), and using the railroad utility easements on each side of the track for solar and wind device location.
Just split the supports for the rather large wind systems and place on each side, with the trains splitting through them.
Then cover large portions of the tracks with supports for solar panels.
The whole rail system would become a sort of conduit for a large portion of our energy needs as well as providing a much needed fuel-efficient passenger rail system.
The system would not require an expensive land acquisition effort, and could be the anchor of a more comprehensive, modern day, FDR-type "Work Projects Administration (WPA)" that encompassed a multitude of jobs-providing, infrastructure enhancing, energy conservation and production projects involving both the private and public sectors.

Any suggestions, ideas, pros, cons, etc.

Walter

PS--The existing rail system makes access and transportation for the solar and wind building projects along the tracks a non-problem. Flatbed rail-cars can be mechanized and roboticized and could move the project along with mucho speed and minimal effort. The railroads made use of automated digging and cable-laying equipment to bury an enormous amount of fiber-optic cable along their easements with minimal effort over the last two decades.
Report to moderator   Logged

Walter Watts
Tulsa Network Solutions, Inc.

No one gets to see the Wizard! Not nobody! Not no how!
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:Related to solar and wind energy:
« Reply #1 on: 2008-11-27 23:36:57 »

Walter, I'm with ya, and we can twist the big 3 with money conditional on building the required parts at the auto plants rather then vehicles that no longer suite to our needs. This could all interconnect Hermits rethought community development model.

I can't think of a negative aside from the will to do it. How do we get drugs, sex and rock&roll and old time religion on side for this ... sigh.

Have to see if Mo can get it on the Democratic agenda.

Still trying to be hopeful as well.

Fritz
Report to moderator   Logged

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: