logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-05-14 02:10:54 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Read the first edition of the Ideohazard

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Serious Business

Obama victory metric
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
  Poll
Question:Obama will

win with a majority of popular vote  2 (100%)
win with a plurality of popular vote  0 (0%)
win without a plurality of popular vote  0 (0%)
lose  0 (0%)

Total Votes: 2 

Author  Topic: Obama victory metric  (Read 303 times)
MoEnzyme
Anarch

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Obama victory metric
« on: 2008-10-31 19:25:26 »

I have already made a prediction about the margin of victory by which I expect Barrack Obama to win the Electoral College (270 to win, Obama=>349)http://www.churchofvirus.org/bbs/index.php?board=69;action=display;threadid=42374. Legally its the only poll that matters. As we've seen in Al Gore, the guy who wins the popular vote doesn't necessarily win. I don't think that the media is out of line to keep track of the popular vote, its just not going to have any direct authority in deciding the winner. Yes, some polls show McCain "closing the gap" in terms of popular vote. Its a nice psychological boost for the most desperate of McCain supporters; but seriously, is this kind of gap-closing really significant if he is still down by almost 10%? And of course the electoral college renders this completely irrellevant especially when Obama continues to expand his leads in battleground states where he only barely lead before, and continues to raise new threats in supposedly "solidly-red" states that should have never been battlegrounds if McCain were to have even a prayer of winning.

All this to say, that anybody who thinks McCain is going to win the electoral college at this point, may as well consider the possibility that CO2 really isn't a greenhouse gas after-all. That much said, I left option 4 open on the poll just in case someone wants to share their break with reality with the rest of the community.
Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
MoEnzyme
Anarch

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Re:Obama victory metric
« Reply #1 on: 2008-11-05 10:19:44 »

We got two votes for Obama winning with a majority. Myself and one other. Not exactly a community consensus, but we got it right regardless.

Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008-11-05 11:32:52 »

The other was I.

The world can breathe easier knowing McCain will likely be dead and Palin irrelevant before the next election. Of course, I'm yet to be convinced that Obama can accomplish any meaningful change within the system in which he is positioned; with the neocons surrounding him (and Biden in the wings); with  the interests to which he has sworn fealty pushing him; with the US' reputation in shards; with International cooperation destroyed and most of all with the economic constraints that the profligate Bush administration have used to shackle him.

But I think that all but reflexive republicans, terrified losers and irremediable racists can agree that Obama will be less worse than McCain. Particularly with the plenipotentiary presidential powers accrued to the office during the Cheney-Bush maladministration.

Kindest Regards

Hermit

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
MoEnzyme
Anarch

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008-11-05 15:12:08 »

I'm fairly convinced that Obama may be one of the sanest presidents we've had in my personal memory. I think his "No Drama Obama" reputation gives great latitude for reason to take hold in his decision-making. He doesn't strike me as a genius, but he seems like someone with the attitude and persistence such that he'll ask for help and eventually get around to the best answer more often than not. We don't need any more of this impulsive bravado and blustering cowboy crap that has passed for decisionmaking for far too long in this country. Its a relief to finally have an adult in charge.

Mo Enzyme

Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 2008-11-06 20:11:59 »

My is hat off to 64 percent of Americans that chose to make a difference.

I'm sleeping better knowing that US citizens can still engage and by doing so, indirectly send a message to the 'Real' evil doers of the last several decades that road blocks can be put up.

I trust a momentum and awareness that will help sustain, through the very difficult times ahead, has been generated.

Thank you for the hope !

Fritz

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: