logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-03-29 08:04:08 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Everyone into the pool! Now online... the VirusWiki.

Church of Virus BBS
  Mailing List
  Virus 2005

virian project: photo blogging
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: virian project: photo blogging  (Read 9618 times)
Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
virian project: photo blogging
« on: 2005-12-05 12:18:07 »

how about we blog with photographs with each member posting pictures of how he lives/works(without divulging too many personal details, of course..we dont want stalkers)...a glimpse of what he/she believes..whatever. we can use flickr or imageshack or somesuch place to house the images. use it to make a point. send a message. spread an idea or simply because it's fun. we need a moderator to put people on queue. i also think its a great way to allow people to interact with one another. if photo blogging is too much of work, how about simple text blogging?

comments? other ideas?
Report to moderator   Logged
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:virian project: photo blogging
« Reply #1 on: 2005-12-06 02:57:52 »

I like this idea. Count me in. (I'll have to pick up the technicalities as we go along but no biggy.)

Best regards.
Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-12-06 09:26:40 »

sat on irc suggested a program that would resize all images so its all uniform.

maybe, we can try www.flickr.com? imageshack?
Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-12-06 09:33:46 »

add: i'd love to see SA images. will you be our first?
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 2005-12-06 12:11:13 »

Quote from: Mermaid on 2005-12-06 09:33:46   

add: i'd love to see SA images. will you be our first?

Happy to. Where?
Best Regards.
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #5 on: 2005-12-06 12:19:27 »

http://www.flickr.com/tools/organizr.gne

"Group photo pools. Using Organizr, you can add a bunch of photos to a group pool. A group pool can consist of all the photos taken by various guests at a wedding, or center around a common interest, such as grilling."

Seems just the ticket?
Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-12-06 12:45:11 »

great. when do you want to start.

some rules tho'. just one week/member so that everyone can participate. everyone is encouraged to participate. members can blog as many times as they want. altho' once every two or three months will be a good interval between two blogs by the same photo blogger.

please keep it interesting. we dont want 3479 pictures of Fluffy, the cat.

i dont think there should be a limit to the number of pictures per member per week. what do you think?

you can blog *anything*. blog an idea. blog your daily supper. blog a riddle so we can figure it out. blog a message. blog your neighbour. altho' if it is not work safe or not for minors, warn us.

let it begin!
the.bricoleur
Archon

Rate the.bricoleur

making sense of change

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #7 on: 2005-12-07 08:08:48 »

I love the idea. Count me in!

iolo
the.bricoleur
Archon

Rate the.bricoleur

making sense of change

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #8 on: 2005-12-07 12:05:33 »

Got the invite. Thanks!!

Looking at the layout of the 20 images already uploaded, I prefer the layout of page 2. It displays 2 columns of images.

Looking forward to it going live as I have some comments to make already! If, of course, the images Blunderov uploaded will remain

iolo
Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-12-07 13:05:07 »

excellent.

thanks for the kickstart.

blunderov can 'tag' the next blogger and upto three candidates for the coming week's photo blogging event. hopefully, one of the three will be upto the task.

another thing tho'.. maybe we should take this to the cathedral instead of the public bbs? or not? what do you guys think? re the rest, we will make the rules as we go along.

Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #10 on: 2005-12-07 15:48:56 »

Quote from: Iolo Morganwg on 2005-12-07 08:08:48   

I love the idea. Count me in!

iolo

[Blunderov] Please jump right in. I would most interested in any comments you might have. The pics will be up for a while.

It may be that I am labouring under a misaprehension but I think we get another 20 mb every month. If this is so, we can build a collection. I'm still trying to come to grips with what can and can't be done with the account, but we seem to be in a position to at least muddle along right now.

Please, anybody who wants an invitation to "The Church of Virus Image Commons", mail me here at virus and please let me know what e-mail account you would like to have the invitation sent to. All Virians are welcome. And if you are keen to post your own pics soon, please indicate this too.

(Walter, I havn't forgotten those beautiful pics of yours. Tulsa is it?)

Best Regards.

Fox
Archon

Rate Fox

Never underestimate the odds.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005-12-07 22:08:16 »

Hey. Good idea, I think it would be great if we could all become more interactive.
On the subject of being more interactive, just wondering if a new chatroom here, or anywhere, would be in order. Maybe one where we could, if desired, speak or view eachother via a mic or cam.
Of course not just that, but one where we could express ourselves, and understand eachother, with greater clarity, options and various commands, making it alittle more fun, lively and expressive.

Anyway its just an idea.

Another I had, which is far more radical, a lil audacious and much less likely was to place the concept and idea of the CoV, plus all members who desired, in an online internet fantasy game, one of those ongoing forever types. Just think, it would spread name, memes and concept alike, in a fun and interactive way, globally, 4 million people I think it was. I mean how many people are influenced  by there computer games these days, and movies, and would love to be apart of, even a single idea of a reality to do with that. Well its just a thought, Im sure there are many flaws I have failed to noticed concerning this, like how to actually get the whole concept on there maybe, but truth in advertising sounds hot.

If interested I can get the address of a good chat-site where the rooms can be acquired free-of-charge, or so I have heard.

By the way, Blunderov, just wondering, but what are "The Church of Virus Image Commons".

Thanxs Much.

Fox

« Last Edit: 2005-12-07 22:16:53 by Fox » Report to moderator   Logged

I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. - Gatsu
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #12 on: 2005-12-08 02:07:54 »

Quote from: Fox on 2005-12-07 22:08:16   

By the way, Blunderov, just wondering, but what are "The Church of Virus Image Commons".

Hello there Fox. A private flickr.com group account called "The Church of Virus Image Commons" has been established. At the moment the idea is for Virians who are interested in doing so to put up pictures of where and how they live and work- but without revealing any sensitive information that might be abused. (Not everybody minds being abused so this stipulation is entirely for the discretion of the individual. But do be aware that once it is "out there", even though the account is "private", it may well go to places which you had not intended.) Visuals don't have to be autobiographical; anything which you wish to present is probably ok, although if there is material which is not "work safe" a warning to the group in advance please. 

We are making up the rules as we go along (of course these will need to be commensurate with the rules of the flickr site* itself) and the project can be evolved in any direction that seems good. I would say that the basic idea is for us to get a better appreciation of each other via the medium of pictures, preferably ones that have been taken, or caused to be taken, by the contributor.

All Virians are welcome. All you need to do is mail me here at virus and nominate an email account to which you would be happy to have an invitation sent. Sing out if you are keen to present some material yourself.

Best Regards.

* They seem pretty free and easy from what I can tell so far. They seem also to make provision for pictures to be e-mailed to the account, so phone-camera shots should not be a problem if you wish to use your picture messenging service for the purpose.

Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005-12-08 04:28:25 »

everything blunderov said. the project can and will evolve with time.

just a word of warning, although i am sure it is not necessary..please do NOT post pictures that you havent taken. and if you do, please DO get the permission of the photographer and give credit where it is due.

re the virian online game, we did discuss it in #virus, our irc channel, but we didnt pursue the idea. i think it would be great to work on it. i am completely illiterate re games. can we have a cov world in simworld or somesuch? secondlife.com? info appreciated.

i wish sat would participate on the bbs.
Walter Watts
Archon

Rate Walter Watts

Just when I thought I was out-they pull me back in

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #14 on: 2005-12-08 10:22:05 »

Hey Blunderov.

Count me in on the photoblog thingy. Sounds fun.

Email the invite to:

wlwatts@cox.net

Walter

Walter Watts
Tulsa Network Solutions, Inc.

No one gets to see the Wizard! Not nobody! Not no how!
Pages: [1] 2 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: