logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-05-06 15:52:10 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Read the first edition of the Ideohazard

Church of Virus BBS
  Mailing List
  Virus 2005

Behold the froton particle, the key to the universe
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Behold the froton particle, the key to the universe  (Read 613 times)
rhinoceros
Archon

Rate rhinoceros

My point is ...

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Behold the froton particle, the key to the universe
« on: 2005-06-10 08:51:09 »

From the latest skeptic newsletter.

http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/eskeptic05-06-10.html

<snip>
Isaac Newton, the father of modern physics and author of the Principia — arguably the single most sublime achievement of the human intellect—made exactly the same point some 300 years earlier when he said:

"I don’t know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."

<snip>

A couple of years into the editing and publishing of Skeptic magazine, I began to regularly receive manuscripts that I filed as “theories of everything.” I later discovered that all science-magazine editors receive such manuscripts, as do prominent scientists at leading institutions. These papers are mostly attempts at constructing all-encompassing explanatory theories, almost exclusively in the physical sciences, typically claiming that Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, and Stephen Hawking are wrong, and that the author’s 10-page, single-spaced typed essay, sans references, contains the secrets of the cosmos.

<snip>

Another fellow claimed:

"I have discovered the previously unknown invisible particle that fully explains light and all forms of energy. I call it the froton particle. Einstein didn’t know about the froton particle — but you will. I can’t email a drum roll, and don’t want to pontificate. Inappropriately or not, if only out of respect for Einstein and physicists as far back as Aristotle — I’ve chosen the words to introduce the unified field theory. “Behold the froton particle… the key to the universe.”"

<snip>
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: