logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-05-04 04:06:04 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Do you want to know where you stand?

Church of Virus BBS
  Mailing List
  Virus 2003

virus: virus chat #virus de-opping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: virus: virus chat #virus de-opping  (Read 2774 times)
rhinoceros
Archon

Rate rhinoceros

My point is ...

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:virus: virus chat #virus de-opping
« Reply #15 on: 2003-10-20 16:22:20 »

[kirksteele]
More avoidant behavior. Consistent as well.

The statement is coherent, is parse-able. I was just curious to see who would do it in your stead. Thank you rhinoceros for providing proof of David's reluctance to participate in the protocol he would have others do for himself.

<attempt at intangible remote psychanalysis snipped>

[rhinoceros]
Heh. I provided proof for what? Is this "avoidance" thing still based on your assumption that it is only Lucifer's job to act for the community?

[kirksteele]
There has been a prime example of this in the past two weeks. A highly respected member and primary contributor to this forum has left. This person’s reasons are their own; but I have the suspicion that this person’s departure is for the reasons that I just mentioned.

[rhinoceros]
This person's reasons are his own but they are the ones you mentioned? Do you mean "avoidance"?

Hermit is one of us. His (hopefully) temporary leave does not have to do with any "consistent avoidance" but with a very clear disagreement with a very clear decision.

[kirksteele]
David, you have a comfortable cadre of yes men, and woman. They repeatedly sacrifice themselves for you. And they know not that they do it, or why.

[rhinoceros]
Although this one starts with "David", it seems to be addressed to other unnamed people who are invited to recognize themselves in it. Hmm... it is about people who say yes to avoidance and sacrifice themselves in some way... 

Putting the poison detector aside, I'll have to say that it doesn't make much sense. Was it supposed to?
Report to moderator   Logged
metahuman
Anarch

Rate metahuman

MetaVirian
View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #16 on: 2003-10-20 16:30:11 »

[kirksteele]
...lots of talk...

[metahuman]
David's right about your incoherent writing. I've briefly analyzed your "pschoanalysis" of David's administration skills, and I've found it to contain poor spelling, poor grammar, and misused words. Here's a tip: use words you know.

By the way, David's "followers" are limited. I am not one of them. In fact, I had previously banned him from the metavirus.net domain since I was very angry with him for siding with Hermit--again--a month or two ago. I even e-mailed him telling him I no longer wanted him to communicate with me. He has kindly acknowledged my request and has not communicated with me since. David's honorable, intelligent, and very knowledgeable, however, like many people, he lacks well-formed leadership skills which seem to be improving. It is most likely that David doesn't have any followers at all, but merely the respect of many. I respect David. I just don't like his practices (e.g., the reputation system, the karma system, the rating system, the Silencing system, the "Let's go with Hermit's idea" system). I respect Hermit as well, but not when he dishonors an agreement of privacy.

My mental rating of David would improve if you, kirksteele, were removed from the forum in the future if you continued your antagonistic crusade, and since David is honorable, he would keep his word: "If your reputation drops much more I will not hesitate to protect this forum against your attempts to ruin it."
Lukian The Wizard
Adept

Rate Lukian The Wizard

Striving for Singularity
107878704 107878704    Slidarius Lukian84
View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #17 on: 2003-10-20 22:30:08 »

Quote from: irvken on 2003-10-18 16:00:14   

er... so what was the valid reason whyI was removed?

btw is there a virus bbs rss feed?

-> /nickserv info irvken
-NickServ- Nick irvken isn't registered.
You need to keep your nick registered

[#virus]
<Lucifer>I don't think there is an rss feed
* Lukian thinks an RSS feed would be good
<Lucifer> Lukian, can you show me how to set up one?
* Lukian looks for info
<Lukian> google: "making an rss feed"
<googlebot> googling for  "making an rss feed"
<googlebot> http://searchenginewatch.com/sereport/article.php/2175271
<Lukian> there you go Lucifer
<Lukian> all other sites reference that article
<Lucifer> bookmarked, thanks Lukian

Stay tuned

-= Say what must be said =-
-= If It Ain't Broke - Tweak It! =-
Kid-A
Adept

Rate Kid-A

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #18 on: 2003-10-21 12:20:46 »

Quote:
Hermit is one of us. His (hopefully) temporary leave does not have to do with any "consistent avoidance" but with a very clear disagreement with a very clear decision.

Hermit left?

Oh my....muh, that was one hell of a party, it appears I missed a fair bit

You're probably wondering why i'm here, well so am I, so am I.
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: