logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-18 13:30:56 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Read the first edition of the Ideohazard

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Philosophy & Religion

Dealing with death
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Dealing with death  (Read 625 times)
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Dealing with death
« on: 2004-11-18 23:47:03 »

http://www.sl4.org/archive/0411/10270.html
Report to moderator   Logged
deusdiabolus
Magister

Rate deusdiabolus

NEVER underestimate monkey!
641785 641785    deusdiabolus deusdiabolus
View Profile WWW
Re:Dealing with death
« Reply #1 on: 2005-02-08 05:01:00 »

Very appropriate for me, as my godmother passed away on Sunday after a three-month battle with cancer.  I have always felt somewhat guilty about dealing with death, because I have always been detached from excessive displays of emotion.  I know that the person is gone, and I know they will not return, and yet, I cannot bring myself to be tearful or sad on my own.  Seeing others that are close to me being tearful or sad can sometimes make me that way, but I have always related to it differently.  I like to think that the person no longer has to suffer in this world and hope that they can rest in whatever plane of exsistence they are now in.

I did not like having to tell my godfather that I could not come into town for the funeral (I just started a new job and there is no way for me to be able to leave now), and at the same time I also wondered if I would have been able to say the same thing if it had been one of my parents.  At times like this I envy the people I know who boldly state that they don't care what others think of them, because it often seems as if that's all I think about.  So now I hope that my godfather doesn't think any less of me because I cannot return to my home state for his wife's funeral.  But at the same time, if he does, what could I do?
Report to moderator   Logged

my WR0N9 is LEGEND
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: