logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-03-29 03:37:58 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Open for business: The CoV Store!

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  FAQ

FAQ: BBS Registration
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: FAQ: BBS Registration  (Read 1910 times)
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
FAQ: BBS Registration
« on: 2002-04-20 15:34:26 »

Adapted from the Extropy FAQ.

Why can't I register?

The most common error is this one:
Quote:
That email address (<address>) is being used by a registered member already. If you feel this is a mistake, go to the login page and use the password reminder with that address.

That means you are likely already registered. Member accounts were automatically generated for each unique email address when the mailing list archives were imported into this BBS. You can retrieve the randomly generated password by using this password recovery form. Type in your email address, select the 'by email" option and submit. Your password should show up in your inbox within minutes. If it doesn't, send me a message, and I will be glad to assist.

Can I change my password?

Yes, you can change your password on the Profile page. Click on "profile" on the main menu bar at the top.

Why is my login name the same as my email address?

Login names have to be unique. When the mailing list archives were imported the sender's address was used because it is guaranteed to be unique for the author.

Can I change the login name?

The login name can be changed, but only the sysadmin can do it (because it requires a manual edit of the database). If you want to change it you will have to send me a message.

Why do I have more the one account?

If you posted to the mailing list from more than once email address, a BBS account was created for each address. It is possible to "link" accounts so that postings from one are automatically attributed to another primary account.  If you want to link accounts, send me a message.

Why isn't my question answered here?

Maybe you are the first one to ask it.  Send me your question.
« Last Edit: 2002-04-20 15:37:48 by David Lucifer » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: