logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-20 09:42:12 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the IRC chat feature.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Serious Business

Smartz Pleeze?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Smartz Pleeze?  (Read 15559 times)
DJ dAndroid
Archon

Rate DJ dAndroid

Ballet Mechanique

View Profile WWW
Smartz Pleeze?
« on: 2013-03-08 13:48:17 »

I think I know the answer, but is there actually any way to increase intelligence? I know I'm not getting a cerebral RAM-boost implant anytime soon, and while I've never looked deeply into them I presume so-called "smart drugs" have always been a bust? So I'm probably down to study, reading, exercise, keeping the oxygen flowing; still someone might have heard of something interesting out there?
Report to moderator   Logged

Shouldn't robots have the same right as humans to have gender and express their sexuality?
_Clayton Bailey_
http://www.claytonbailey.com/monrobot.htm
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:Smartz Pleeze?
« Reply #1 on: 2013-03-12 19:47:20 »

Quote from: DJ dAndroid on 2013-03-08 13:48:17   

I think I know the answer, but is there actually any way to increase intelligence? I know I'm not getting a cerebral RAM-boost implant anytime soon, and while I've never looked deeply into them I presume so-called "smart drugs" have always been a bust? So I'm probably down to study, reading, exercise, keeping the oxygen flowing; still someone might have heard of something interesting out there?

Get proper rest, eat food high in omega 3 fatty acids, and it would seem from studies with Asian monks, singing-chanting which increases blood flow to the extremities while processing music stimulates the brain. Taking on non familiar challenges in music and languages to encourage new brain development. But then what does an old fart like me know. Cheers Fritz

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
DJ dAndroid
Archon

Rate DJ dAndroid

Ballet Mechanique

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2013-03-12 21:16:59 »

Quote from: Fritz on 2013-03-12 19:47:20   

Get proper rest, eat food high in omega 3 fatty acids, ...

Thanks Fritz! Omega_3s you say? I take vitamins when I remember, sigh, I'll look further. And no one needs to hear me sing, like ever. 

Shouldn't robots have the same right as humans to have gender and express their sexuality?
_Clayton Bailey_
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 2013-03-22 19:25:32 »

Keeping healthy and rested are necessary to maximize your natural IQ, but the real gains can be found in enhancing your effective (instrumental) IQ.

Join the LessWrong online community to learn how to improve your critical thinking skills. Start building your own exocortex with a personal wiki or Evernote.
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 2013-03-25 15:48:39 »

Quote from: David Lucifer on 2013-03-22 19:25:32   
Keeping healthy and rested are necessary to maximize your natural IQ, but the real gains can be found in enhancing your effective (instrumental) IQ.

Join the LessWrong online community to learn how to improve your critical thinking skills. Start building your own exocortex with a personal wiki or Evernote.

Exocortex

http://biohackyourself.com/biohacking-101-sources-for-biohacks

I think in the end, being a regular contributor to CoV is the best way to be way smarter !
« Last Edit: 2013-03-25 15:49:17 by Fritz » Report to moderator   Logged

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
DJ dAndroid
Archon

Rate DJ dAndroid

Ballet Mechanique

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2013-04-27 22:16:53 »

Thank-you David and Fritz. David I haven't looked up those links yet but I will. 

_Clayton Bailey_
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #6 on: 2013-08-27 19:10:21 »

[Fritz]This certainly underscores the need for sleep to be 'Smartz'

Russell Foster: Why do we sleep?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWULB9Aoopc

Published on Aug 14, 2013 by TEDtalksDirector

Russell Foster is a circadian neuroscientist: He studies the sleep cycles of the brain. And he asks: What do we know about sleep? Not a lot, it turns out, for something we do with one-third of our lives. In this talk, Foster shares three popular theories about why we sleep, busts some myths about how much sleep we need at different ages — and hints at some bold new uses of sleep as a predictor of mental health.

TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world’s leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes (or less). Look for talks on Technology, Entertainment and Design — plus science, business, global issues, the arts and much more.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-27 19:12:32 by Fritz » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: