logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-26 19:21:55 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Everyone into the pool! Now online... the VirusWiki.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Serious Business

Reminder: Please do not feed the troll.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Reminder: Please do not feed the troll.  (Read 2433 times)
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
Reminder: Please do not feed the troll.
« on: 2009-10-30 01:37:55 »

Our pet neocon, the Dees/Salamantis troll, is apparently becoming ever more desperate for attention. Any response to its posts, or even viewing of them, is likely to be seen as encouragement.

If you are a masochist or interested in the current issues exiting the hosts of AM talk radio and the concerns of Faux News entertainment hosts, you are able to check on its activities without rewarding it with increasing read counts by clicking on its name next to any post and then viewing the last posts made by it.

Responding to the troll is never required, as its heretical rating of 1.8 (as Joe Dees. He has attempted to avoid having his current identity, Salamantis, penalized for his malodorous opinions, penchant for copying vast tracts of extreme rightwing bloviation masquerading as news and fallacy laden screeds of bigotry, by not signing up on our reputation system) is a full point lower than the next worst and 3 points below the default reputation awarded to people who have never posted. It is really very difficult to earn a reputation so poor on the CoV, but Joe Dees/Salamantis is nothing if not assiduously dedicated to maintaining his hard earned position.

Please feel free to respond to this thread any-time the floods of troll spewage threaten to inundate ongoing discussions in order to place a disclaimer for those unfamiliar with the situation on the serious business BBS, where Dees/Salamantis has stated he will never leave no matter how unwelcome his trail of turds may be.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-30 01:38:27 by Hermit » Report to moderator   Logged

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

View Profile WWW
Re:Reminder: Please do not feed the troll.
« Reply #1 on: 2009-10-30 02:02:13 »

Faux News

Source: McClatchy Cartoon of the Week 2009-05-24
 FauxNews.jpg
Report to moderator   Logged

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
Salamantis
Neophyte

I'm a llama!

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #2 on: 2009-12-16 15:55:38 »

[[ author reputation (0.00) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009-12-25 11:02:53 »

Those carrying water for the wealthy can wind-up withdrawn

24.12.2009-MessiahBomber.jpg

MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009-12-25 15:44:17 »

I pretty much ignore any "humor" that jokingly or otherwise refers to Obama as the messiah. That's almost exclusively a neo-con religious right humor term for him. IMO Obama lacks the messianic appeal of religious leaders like Martin Luther King Jr. etc. Indeed I think Obama would feel a bit embarrassed to be compared to them. Indeed many on the left outside the black community felt comfortable voting for Obama precisely because the word "Reverend" doesn't appear in or about any instances of his name. So when the term "messiah" appears in the jokes I naturally assume the wing nuts are mostly just talking about themselves rather than any real Obama messiah phenomenon.

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009-12-26 09:00:13 »

Happy holidays, Joe. I normally don't really address you on the BBS, but since Hermit has created this thread here for you, it would be somewhat expected we might read you more closely. Yes, I've heard your rendition of your political value system before in varying degrees. On that front you seem consistent when you speak for yourself, at least proclaiming not to be a social conservative but rather a libertarian. You may in fact believe that, but one way or another you end up functioning as a tool for neo-cons and religious-right/likud-zionism, American exceptionalism and other such ideological prescriptions for mediocrity and excuses for stupid behavior.

Especially when you just cut and paste, I usually don't read them, not because I don't want to hear the opinion, but usually precisely because I have already heard the message before. Neocons are nothing if not consistent between themselves in delivering a faithful message. I listen to Rush a few bites a week, I read Fox stuff online. I can't stand their TV news channel, but somehow being able to read it instead keeps me from wanting to strangle the talking head. So by the time I get your cut-n-pastes, its already an old stale message I've heard several times before. I mostly come to Church of Virus for something other than the typical mainstream corporate neo-con message which I can easily get for free anywhere anytime.

So yeah, its not that anyone wants to censor you, its just you don't say anything new, and you so rarely speak for yourself anymore unless its to tell us how much you hate Hermit. I tend to peek every once in a while because I recall a time you were more interesting than this. The only thing interesting about you now is your remarkable consistency with right wing stupid tanks (calling them "think tanks" is insulting to the very idea of thinking in any reality-based way).

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: