logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-29 01:43:47 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Open for business: The CoV Store!

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Serious Business

Al Franken
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Al Franken  (Read 286 times)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Al Franken
« on: 2009-03-28 19:07:37 »

I've been watching the slowly dying vine that is GOP Norm Coleman's hopes for returning to his US Senate seat. I've watched Norm Coleman himself give up as he's already accepted a job with a lobbying firm. I'm certainly happy to see him gettin on with better pay, but if by some miracle he pulls out an upset, he will certainly face immediate inquiry into his already deepening conflicts of interest. Indeed some of his latest financial contributors have coincidentally started turning up shadier and shadier. He may soon run out of money at this rate. Sort of like one of those zombie banks, only I love that he's sucking up GOP dollars into the black hole of his legal abyss.

So I think its time for everyone else in the world not named "Norm Coleman" to begin to come to grips with the fact that Al Franken will soon be the junior US Senator from Minnesota. Yes, I know there will still be a few more news cycles until we actually arrive, but the handwriting is on the wall.

This will be significant in the sense that Franken will bring the Dems within one GOP vote of breaking any attempted fillibusters assuming they can hold their ranks. . . . Which is no small assumption of course, but Franken by all accounts seems like an easy Obama vote. I can also imagine Al Franken in the Senate and Barney Frank in the House making a politically lethal demolition team complete with a sense of humor. This can't be good for the Neo-cons who haven't already gone into hibernation.

So I just wanna jump in the front of this parade and say thumbs up to Al Franken!

I'm personally looking forward to the show.

-Mo
« Last Edit: 2009-03-28 19:45:16 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:Al Franken
« Reply #1 on: 2009-03-29 15:38:28 »

[Fritz]I'm with ya Mo, especially if he could reprise this from DC once a week.

Report to moderator   Logged

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: