logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-28 21:22:28 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Do you want to know where you stand?

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Serious Business

Leave your shoes at the door
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Leave your shoes at the door  (Read 577 times)
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Leave your shoes at the door
« on: 2009-03-18 03:04:15 »

[Blunderov] I see that the admirable LAW organization is agitating to have war criminal Bush either barred from Canada or arrested when he gets there.

http://www.democracynow.org/2009/3/17/lawyers_group_urges_bush_be_arrested

An admirable notion but one that seems sadly foredoomed to failure.

Others have suggested that a shoe cannon be built and trained upon an effigy of the moron.

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/03/17/bush-shoe-cannon/

My own suggestion is that persons who attend Bush speaking engagements insist on leaving their shoes at the door (so as not to fall into temptation). Let the punishment fit the crime. Let Bush only ever speak in mosques from now on!

Comments from the far North?

Report to moderator   Logged
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:Leave your shoes at the door
« Reply #1 on: 2009-03-18 06:07:06 »

[Blunderov] While Fritz recovers from his cold I thought I would stand in for him on the Canada watch...

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=GRA20090318&articleId=12779

Rage on the Streets* in Calgary as Bush Visits

by Bill Graveland and Shannon Montgomery

CALGARY - The rage on the man's face was evident as he berated police officers preventing him from entering the building where former U.S. president George W. Bush was making a speech Tuesday.

‘‘There is a war criminal upstairs that has committed murder,'' screamed the man, who identified himself only as Splits the Sky. ‘‘If I try to get in there you will arrest me. What is wrong with you?

‘‘I am going in there and make a citizen's arrest,'' he said as he attempt to push past police. ‘‘Arrest George Bush. Arrest George Bush.''

A few minutes later he was handcuffed and hustled past a long line of Calgary's business elite waiting to get inside the Telus Convention Centre.

Protest organizers say at least four demonstrators were arrested at Tuesday's event.

About 60 Calgary police officers were on duty outside to control between 200 and 300 people carrying signs that read ‘‘No to U.S. Crimes Against Humanity,'' ‘‘Indict Bush For War Crimes'' and ‘‘Canada Is Not Bush Country.''

Another sign read ‘‘Shoe Him The Door'' - a reference to the Iraqi journalist who threw his shoe at Bush during a news conference in Baghdad in December.

Two Calgary men showed up at the demonstration to support the former U.S. president. Their signs read ‘‘The World Is Safer Because of George W. Bush.''

‘‘Thank you, George Bush. Thank you, George Bush,'' they chanted.

‘‘He doesn't sit down and negotiate with terrorists,'' shouted one of the men, who identified himself as Merle.

‘‘Try doing this in Cuba,'' he said as he pointed to the jeering protesters.

There were shoes everywhere during the protest. A young woman wearing a hood, orange jumpsuit and a name tag that said ‘‘Club Gitmo'' was pulling a shoe cannon along with a target festooned with pictures of Bush.

An obviously amused police officer told her to leave.

Some of those opposed to Bush's visit have said he should be arrested as a war criminal because of alleged torture at military prisons in Iraq and Guantanamo Bay.

Tuesday's speech was one of the first public appearances Bush has made since leaving the presidency in January with a dismal approval rating and much of the blame for his country's collapsing economy. The speech was closed to the media.

‘‘It's not too late to turn back. Walk away,'' the demonstrators yelled to some of the 1,500 guests invited to hear Bush speak to the Calgary Chamber of Commerce.

A couple of hundred people lined up early to go through a special security screening room before entering the hall where Bush was speaking.

A few said the former president has to take some of the responsibility for what has happened in the United States, but also has the right to talk about his administration.

*[Bl.] <sniffs wind> There seems to be quite a lot of it about, not just in Calgary either. <swivels ears>

« Last Edit: 2009-03-18 06:09:00 by Blunderov » Report to moderator   Logged
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #2 on: 2009-03-18 10:08:14 »

Quote:
[Blunderov] While Fritz recovers from his cold I thought I would stand in for him on the Canada watch<snip>...<snip>Comments from the far North?

Good Call Blunderov; I've given up on the news on the "boobtube" and being less then proactive while hacking and sniffling; though, the grand kids are here, and I hope to return these critters infesting me to their rightful owners (that's just mean I know).

As far as comments go; Canada has a long tradition I think of taking it up the chute. The Windsor sisters with heels and 'strapons' (I suspect the Hanover girls got these in your neck of the woods) have historically always set our policy in the end. Now the swaggering Texan has sunk his spurs in and Canada's current fetish will be hard to retire, as Harper I'm sure enjoys squealing like a pig. Only time will tell if Obama can rise to the occasion and satisfy Canada's need for domination.

Cheers ... sniffle...cough

Fritz
« Last Edit: 2009-03-18 10:10:14 by Fritz » Report to moderator   Logged

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 2009-03-20 11:33:46 »

[Blunderov] Having belatedly come to their senses after allowing the vile Bush to blight the Canadian landscape, the authorities now refuse entry to  George Galloway.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=20090320&articleId=12823

"Idiotic" Decision of Canadian Authorities: British MP George Galloway Banned from Canada

MP Galloway is banned from Canada 

George Galloway, a British member of Parliament, has been banned from Canada on security grounds, the country's immigration service has confirmed.

Mr Galloway, a Respect Party MP, said the ban was "idiotic" and he would look at legal action to try to overturn it.

British media reported the decision was due to his views on Afghanistan and the presence of Canadian troops there.

The anti-war MP was expelled from the Labour Party in 2003 because of his outspoken comments on the Iraq war.

Mr Galloway said he was not prepared to accept what he described as an "inexplicable decision" and indicated he would challenge it with all means at his disposal.

"This has further vindicated the anti-war movement's contention that unjust wars abroad will end up consuming the very liberties that make us who we are," he said.

"All right-thinking Canadians, whether they agree with me or not, will oppose this outrageous decision."

'Mock trial'

A spokesman for Citizenship and Immigration Canada confirmed the MP would not be allowed into the country on national security grounds.

He said the decision had been taken by border security officials "based on a number of factors" in accordance with the country's immigration act.

Mr Galloway had been due to speak at a public forum, Resisting War from Gaza to Kandahar, in Toronto on 30 March.

In 2006 he was detained "on grounds of national security" at Cairo airport after heading to Egypt to attend a "mock trial" of then PM Tony Blair and then US President George Bush.

Mr Galloway became the figurehead for the anti-war Respect party after being expelled from Labour.

His expulsion followed comments on the Iraq war which Labour chairman Ian McCartney said "incited foreign forces to rise up against British troops".

The party acted following a number of TV interviews, including one in which Mr Galloway accused Tony Blair and President Bush of acting "like wolves" in invading Iraq.

Mr Galloway said it had been a "politically motivated kangaroo court".

(Mr Galloway's comments on Iraq led to his expulsion from the Labour Party)

Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009-03-20 13:24:08 »

So much for the 51st State.

RIP Canada

Kindest

Hermit

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #5 on: 2009-03-20 17:12:15 »

I think this clearly underscores my earlier post, as to who sets policy in the 51st state; also know as the subjects of Her Majesty's Realm.

Cheers

Fritz

'Infandous*' George Galloway banned from Canada on grounds of national security (*look it up)

Source: Mail
Author: Mail Foreign Service
Date: 8:34 PM on 20th March 2009

George Galloway has been barred from Canada on national security grounds.

The outspoken MP, who opposes the war in Afghanistan where Canadian troops are deployed, was due to make a speech in Toronto on March 30.

But a spokesman for immigration minister Jason Kenney said Mr Galloway was viewed as a supporter of the radical Palestinian group Hamas, which is banned in Canada.

The Respect MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, who is on a North American speaking tour, vowed to use all means at his disposal to challenge the ‘outrageous’ ban.

He called the move a ‘desperate election ploy’ by a Conservative government.

But a spokesman for Canada's immigration minister Jason Kenney insisted the decision, taken by border security officials, would not be overturned for a 'infandous* street-corner Cromwell' (*'infandous: too odious to be expressed or mentioned).
This Hamas photo shows the head of the Hamas government Ismail Haniyeh, right, embracing George Galloway during their meeting in Gaza City on March 10 this year

This Hamas photo shows the head of the Hamas government Ismail Haniyeh, right, embracing George Galloway during their meeting in Gaza City on March 10 this year

Mr Galloway was due to give a speech in Toronto on March 30 but has been deemed 'inadmissible' to Canada under section 34(1) of the country's immigration act.

Mr Kenney's spokesman Alykhan Velshi said the act was designed to protect Canadians from people who fund, support or engage in terrorism.

The minister has the right to issue special exemption permits but will not do so in Mr Galloway's case.
The man who banned him: Canada's immigration minister Jason Kenney

The man who banned him: Canada's immigration minister Jason Kenney

Mr Velshi said: 'We're going to uphold the law, not give special treatment to this infandous street-corner Cromwell who actually brags about giving 'financial support' to Hamas, a terrorist organisation banned in Canada.

'I'm sure Galloway has a large Rolodex of friends in regimes elsewhere in the world willing to roll out the red carpet for him. Canada, however, won't be one of them.'

Mr Galloway, 54, MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, is consulting organisers of his north American speaking tour and exploring whether legal action can be taken to overturn the ban.

Mr Galloway, an opponent of the war in Afghanistan where Canadian troops are deployed as part of international forces, lamented the 'idiotic' ruling as 'irrational, inexplicable and an affront to Canada's good name'.

And the Scot also said being refused entry to Canada was like being told to stay away from the family home.

Mr Galloway said: 'This is a very sad day for the Canada we have known and loved - a bastion of the freedoms that supporters of the occupation of Afghanistan claim to be defending.

'This has further vindicated the anti-war movement's contention that unjust wars abroad will end up consuming the very liberties that make us who we are.

'This may be a rather desperate election ploy by a conservative government reaching the end of the line, or by a minister who has not cottoned on to the fact that the George Bush era is over.

'All right-thinking Canadians, whether they agree with me over the wisdom of sending troops to Afghanistan or not, will oppose this outrageous decision.

'On a personal note - for a Scotsman to be barred from Canada is like being told to stay away from the family home.

'This is not something I'm prepared to accept.'

More...

* 'We seek the promise of a new beginning': Obama makes unprecedented YouTube appeal to Iran
    * 'You are fighting a religious war against gentiles': What rabbis told Israeli soldiers in Gaza war

Mr Galloway was due to speak at a public forum entitled Resisting war from Gaza to Kandahar, hosted by Toronto Coalition to Stop the War later this month.

The Respect party MP was also set to address a second public forum in Mississauga, just south of Toronto, on March 31.

His proposed visit prompted the Jewish Defence League of Canada to write an open letter to the country's government urging it to do 'everything possible to keep this hater away'.

In 2006, Mr Galloway was refused entry to Egypt on the grounds of national security after he travelled to the country to give evidence at a 'mock trial' of former prime minister Tony Blair and ex-US president George W Bush.

He was held overnight in a police cell before the authorities changed their minds and allowed him in, and he later received a personal apology from the country's president.

A spokesman for Citizenship and Immigration Canada confirmed that Mr Galloway had been deemed inadmissible on national security grounds and would not be allowed into the country.

He said the decision had been taken by border security officials 'based on a number of factors' in accordance with section 34(1) of the country's immigration act.

The act states: 'A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible on security grounds for:

'(a) engaging in an act of espionage or an act of subversion against a democratic government, institution or process as they are understood in Canada;

'(b) engaging in or instigating the subversion by force of any government;

'(c) engaging in terrorism;

'(d) being a danger to the security of Canada;

'(e) engaging in acts of violence that would or might endanger the lives or safety of persons in Canada; or

'(f) being a member of an organisation that there are reasonable grounds to believe engages, has engaged or will engage in acts referred to in paragraph (a), (b) or (c).'

Immigration minister Jason Kenney has the right to exempt people from the act if it is felt that their presence would not be 'detrimental to the national interest'.

But the spokesman said Mr Kenney would 'decline to exercise that discretion' in Mr Galloway's case.
« Last Edit: 2009-03-20 17:16:22 by Fritz » Report to moderator   Logged

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009-03-20 18:58:30 »

It seems to me as if Bush and the current Government of the 51st State are all guilty of contravening sections of 34(1) vis:

'(a) engaging in an act of espionage or an act of subversion against a democratic government, institution or process as they are understood in Canada; (Palestine(Bush)/Venezuela(Bush)/Iran(Bush)

'(b) engaging in or instigating the subversion by force of any government; (Iraq(Both)/Afghanistan(Both)/Palestine(Both)/Venezuela(Bush)/Iran(Bush))

'(c) engaging in terrorism; (Iraq(Both)/Afghanistan(Both)/Pakistan(Both));

'(d) being a danger to the security of Canada; (Both, having successfully converted Canadians from "Welcome Everywhere" to "Targets")

'(e) engaging in acts of violence that would or might endanger the lives or safety of persons in Canada; (Sending people from Canada to war zones  dies not endanger their health?)

'(f) being a member of an organisation that there are reasonable grounds to believe engages, has engaged or will engage in acts referred to in paragraph (a), (b) or (c).' (These governments engage in the above. No matter how chaotic, a government is an organization.)

It is difficult to comprehend how George Galloway - who is unrelentingly anti-violence - has done any of the above.

I could, of course, add dozens of additional examples (Sudan, Serbia, etc) without much difficulty, but one for each serves to prove the rule.

Also worth noting that the UK tossed a hawk into the hen house this week when they announced their willingness to break the Likudnik blockade and engage with the free and fairly elected government of the Palestine, Hamas.

Which might preclude the government of the last Republican State acknowledging the suzereignty of the British crown.

Kindest

Hermit&Co

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #7 on: 2009-03-21 14:24:34 »

Quote:
[Hermit]Which might preclude the government of the last Republican State acknowledging the suzereignty of the British crown.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
[Fritz]Firstly assuming I'm not the only person unfamiliar with this term, that Seems to me to me be rather relevant again

http://www.answers.com/topic/suzerainty
Suzerainty  is a situation in which a region or people is a tributary to a more powerful entity which allows the tributary some limited domestic autonomy to control its foreign affairs. The more powerful entity in the suzerainty relationship, or the head of state of that more powerful entity, is called a suzerain. The term suzerainty was originally used to describe the relationship between the Ottoman Empire and its surrounding regions. It differs from sovereignty in that the tributary has some (limited) self-rule. A suzerain can also mean a feudal lord, to whom vassals must pay tribute.

Although it is a concept which has existed in a number of historical empires, it is a concept that is very difficult to describe using 20th- or 21st-century theories of international law, in which sovereignty either exists or does not. While a sovereign nation can agree by treaty to become a protectorate of a stronger power, modern international law does not recognize any way of making this relationship compulsory on the weaker power.

The word is often spelled "suzerainity", though this has come to be considered incorrect.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Fritz]Well it would seem I miss judged; clearly our natural resources are coveted, not our kinder gentler folk

Government of Canada

News Release
National 2009
Canadians encouraged to prepare for document requirements to enter the United States by land and water

Ottawa, Ontario, March 4, 2009 -- The Government of Canada reminds Canadian citizens to prepare now for any travel plans to the United States by applying for an accepted document to enter the United States under the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI). The WHTI is a U.S. law that requires all travellers, including Canadian and American citizens, to present a valid passport or other approved document when entering the United States from within the western hemisphere.

"This Government has worked vigorously with the United States to ensure that legitimate trade and travel across our borders are not disrupted as a result of the new document requirements under WHTI," said the Honourable Peter Van Loan, Minister of Public Safety. "Our efforts have lead to the recognition of enhanced driver's licences and enhanced identification cards as acceptable alternatives to passports."

Starting June 1, 2009, Canadian citizens will be required to present a valid passport, a NEXUS or Free and Secure Trade (FAST) card, or an enhanced driver's licence/enhanced identification card when seeking to enter the United States at its land or water crossings. Canadian citizens 15 years of age or under will only require proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate or a Canadian citizenship card. Canadian citizens 18 years of age or under who are travelling with a school or other organized group, under adult supervision with parental/guardian consent may also present proof of Canadian citizenship alone.

The U.S. document requirements for air travel took effect in January 2007, and require Canadian citizens flying to, through or from the United States to present a valid passport or a valid NEXUS card when used at a NEXUS kiosk at participating Canadian airports or at any U.S. airport when returning to Canada. The air travel requirements apply to all Canadian citizens, regardless of age, including children.

For more information about U.S. entry requirements for Canadian citizens and how to apply for a WHTI-compliant document, visit the Canada Border Services Agency Web site.
« Last Edit: 2009-03-21 14:34:00 by Fritz » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: