logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-05-14 13:17:18 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the IRC chat feature.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Serious Business

Dyatlov Pass incident
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Dyatlov Pass incident  (Read 316 times)
DJ dAndroid
Archon

Rate DJ dAndroid

Ballet Mechanique

View Profile WWW
Dyatlov Pass incident
« on: 2008-12-15 05:17:02 »

Dyatlov Pass incident at Wikipedia
and/or
How creepy do you want it? by Mark Morford. (Linked from Wikipedia.)

Had anyone ever heard of this? A friend mentioned this tonight and it's... strange! For lack of evidence I don't particularly believe in the supernatural nor aliens. (Certainly not the aliens who visit us to abduct our trailer-trash and steal our cow-lips anyway.) But some stories kinda make you want to turn the light on just to have a look around...
I haven't been camping since I was a kid. And when I was a kid I think I was generally scared I'd be a Chupa-snack, or a hillbilly chainsaw massacre invite to-dinner or, something. These days if the opportunity arose I think this is what might come to my hyperactive imagination!

In a nut-shell? 1959, nine experienced hikers in the Russian Ural mountains. Whom in a panic one night (-30 below zero weather) tear their tents apart from the inside (doors? Psshh too slow!) and flee over a kilometre down the mountain in one shoe or none. Along the way a few of them suffer internal injuries equivalent to a car-crash, apparently caused by "a high level of pressure" since they had no external wounds. And one girl was missing her tongue.

Tests showed their clothes had high levels of radiation, and relatives at funerals reported their skin seemed burned and they had gray hair. Radiation will burn but gray hair? Witnesses in the area reported "bright flying spheres" in the sky. And Russian authorities closed the area for years and finally wrote it off as "a compelling unknown force" had caused the deaths. There's more but read up on it.

Wanna visit?
Report to moderator   Logged

Shouldn't robots have the same right as humans to have gender and express their sexuality?
_Clayton Bailey_
http://www.claytonbailey.com/monrobot.htm
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: