logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-05-17 19:53:28 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Everyone into the pool! Now online... the VirusWiki.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Serious Business

The Audacity of Humility, Bias and Decline, and Ten Reasons
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: The Audacity of Humility, Bias and Decline, and Ten Reasons  (Read 374 times)
Salamantis
Neophyte

I'm a llama!

View Profile E-Mail
The Audacity of Humility, Bias and Decline, and Ten Reasons
« on: 2008-10-29 13:27:03 »

[[ author reputation (0.00) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

Report to moderator   Logged
MoEnzyme
Anarch

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Reading Salamantis so you don't have to.
« Reply #1 on: 2008-10-30 19:36:35 »

Three articles coming from the ever-more-desperate neo-con dittohead community. The first is about how cocky Obama acts;

Quote:
It’s Obama’s rhetoric that is most telling in this light, especially compared with that of his Republican opponents, Senator John McCain and Governor Sarah Palin. Palin is far and away the most humble candidate; she rarely speaks of herself as the sitting vice president, but rather disclaims nearly all her hypothetical statements with some form of “If we are so fortunate to serve”—or “privileged,” or “blessed.” The sentiment seems genuine, as did McCain’s during his closing statement of the last presidential debate: serving America, he said, was “the great honor of my life, and I’ve been proud to serve. And I hope you’ll give me an opportunity to serve again. I’d be honored and humbled.”

Such phrases are MIA from Obama transcripts. In fact, he drops the “when I’m president” line so often that his electoral win might as well be a foregone conclusion. (As it is, the New York Times reports that former Clinton chief of staff John Podesta is already whipping up Obama’s inaugural address.) Typical Obama speeches include lines like this, uttered during his first debate with McCain: “I reserve the right, as president of the United States, to meet with anybody at a time and place of my choosing if I think it’s going to keep America safe.” The contrast between Obama’s electoral certainty and McCain’s and Palin’s humility (whether concerted or authentic) is undeniable and striking.

ROFLMAO! Politics and sports are very similar this way. Those who tend to believe in their message, who tend to envision themselves as winning and have the confidence to project themselves as winners, tend to win. Its not a guarantee, but it does have it self-fulfilling aspects. Part of the reason McCain and Palin don't do this is because as a "team of Mavericks" (which is actually a contridiction if you look up the word "Maverick") they have no coherent message between them. The only thing they believe in is slandering Barack Obama, and this gives them little else to commonly believe in. While they are certainly enthusiastic about race-baiting, and fear and hate mongering, there is nothing positive, and without something positive there is little to build in terms of optimism. And without a sense of optimism, its no surprise that even the top of the ticket cannot project the kind of winning confidence to make it happen.

The next article is about media-bias. More sour grapes, especially since McCain himself is the product of media bias from his last presidential run in 2000. The media in this current election, while they initially covered Obama more than McCain (likely because Obama was the newer product), were also more critical of Obama . . . until they finally circled up and called out the McCain/Palin campaign out for its almost absurd disrespect for reality and the public's intelligence. If the media has turned on McCain, its only because he has run one of the most dishonest and uniformly negative campaign such that it has become difficult to actually find anything positive to say about it.

And the last is about how McCain is going to win . . . I'm not even going to bother anyone with this piece of fantasy. If you want to know how in-denial, disconnected from reality, and bitter these neo-cons are, you can read this crap, but otherwise I suggest moving on to something else.

Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: