logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-20 03:14:21 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Donations now taken through PayPal

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Serious Business

Iraqi Resistance Report
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Iraqi Resistance Report  (Read 836 times)
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Iraqi Resistance Report
« on: 2007-01-02 08:39:26 »

[Blunderov] Of course casualty figures are very political animals but it seems to me that the other side might well be reported more often than it is, ie almost never.

Who to believe? I find the Free Arab Voice quite credible. For one thing their journalists appear to be "imbedded" to better effect than the Western journalists who dare not leave "The Green Zone". It seems to me that American casualties are very under-reported indeed.

There have also been consistent reports of various US aircraft being downed by SAM 1 shoulder fired Strela missiles for some while too, some more credible than others. (Some crashes may be due to wear and tear compounded by lack of maintainance and the corrosive sand-filled desert air.) There don't seem to be a lot of SAM 1's but they are around and things might get very interesting indeed if they start showing up in numbers.

http://www.iraq-war.ru/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=114053

Iraqi Resistance Report for events of Monday, 1 January 2007

02 January 2007, 12:32:00 | Translated and/or compiled by Muhammad Abu Nasr, member, editorial board, the Free Arab Voice.
Monday, 1 January 2007.

· Resistance blasts US helicopter out of the air with heat-seeking missile Monday night.

· Iraqis by the hundreds, Sunni and Shi‘i alike, flock to al-‘Awjah village to visit grave of Martyred President.

· Powerful Iraqi Resistance bomb rips US troop transport apart leaving 10 American troops reported dead in at-Tarimiyah Sunday.

· US soldier wounded as demonstrations denouncing the assassination of Saddam Husayn in Salah ad-Din Province escalate on third day.

· US soldier reported killed, mine sweeper heavily damaged in Resistance bombing in al-Ishaqi.

· Three US troops reported dead after Resistance bomb explodes south of al-Hillah Monday.

· US soldier reported killed by Resistance sharpshooter in al-Hawijah Sunday.

Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: