logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-26 04:22:28 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the IRC chat feature.

Church of Virus BBS
  Mailing List
  Virus 2006

We Need You
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: We Need You  (Read 1095 times)
Fox
Archon

Rate Fox

Never underestimate the odds.

View Profile
We Need You
« on: 2006-07-21 21:39:13 »

Greetings fellow Virians.

It has recently come to my attention that the CoV does not have an official slogan, or motto which one could use to sum and identify it with.

Allow me to present you with some examples.

If we look at the Jedi from Star Wars, theirs would be “May the force be with you”. Upon hearing this phrase, a majority would instantly identify it with the Jedi.

In other varied examples we have Microsoft’s "You’re potential. Our passion." 
Pro-life’s  “Human life begins at conception”; L'Oréal’s “Because your worth it.” and the UK animal welfare slogan “A Dog is for life, not just for Christmas”.

Even Christianity has used a slogan, “God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve”. The anti-gay slogan used by Christians who oppose homosexuality, unofficially perhaps, but on religious grounds none the less. Of course this is not the only one which has been used.

Slogans/mottos are memorable and attractive memes which can carry  considerable potential if used and constructed in the right ways; and which also aid in establishing identity and recognition, via subtle influence.

It is my proposal here that we envision and construct such a meme which we could both identify and establish the CoV with. Such a meme could be greatly beneficial in gaining recognition, and identity to our cause. The purpose of this thread is for you to voice your opinions and suggestions on the subject, and to what this meme could and should be. Then, if desired we could have a Meridion vote on those which are the most appropriate, and futher, carry advantageous and applicable means to the CoV.

In further interest, The word "slogan" comes from sluagh-ghairm (pronounced slogorm), which is Scottish Gaelic for "battle-cry". Since the CoV is faced with a somewhat acclivous, or “uphill” battle, over other dogmatic and “irrational” religions, I for one think that this thread could play both a valuable and strategic role in this battle for future evolution, and our purpose to that goal.

Please add, and make your suggestions count.

Regards,

Fox
« Last Edit: 2006-07-21 21:41:18 by White Fox » Report to moderator   Logged

I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. - Gatsu
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:We Need You
« Reply #1 on: 2006-07-22 08:29:56 »

[Blunderov] Good work comrade White Fox. I like your idea very much. I do like a good slogan. The French revolution “Liberté, égalité, fraternité.” springs to mind. To me, the reigning champion is the Orwell triptych:

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

For Virus though, I think I like the three virtues in the French manner;

"Reason. Vision. Empathy."

Best regards.

Report to moderator   Logged
Fox
Archon

Rate Fox

Never underestimate the odds.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-07-22 11:30:15 »

Greetings Blunderov.

I would have to concur. I think that the three Virian virtues would be a prime contender for a slogan.

Another that I quite like, which was inspired by the wonderful pickler was: "...Just raising awareness..."

Opinions anyone?

Regards,

Fox

I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. - Gatsu
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 2006-07-22 13:30:38 »

Another slogan I quite like was suggested for the cryonics movement: "Join us or die!" 
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 2006-07-24 10:37:37 »

[Blunderov] Here is another slogan that has a some pizazz. "Sometimes the truth is ugly. This is one of those times."

The reference to South Africans at the end is a little cryptic.* I'm not aware that we have been rocking the boat particularly. Disgracefully so, at times; the recent "rendering" of a Pakistani national by our Department of Home Affairs has attracted the condemnation of Amnesty International and rightly.

Best regards.

http://www.spittleandink.com/simpleblog/?view=plink&id=544

Malkin Inspires More Calls for Murder of Fellow Citizens
19 July 2006 by Mark

Miss Nasally-Voice Little-Boy-Boobs Valley Girl Anchor Baby got her droogs worked up over a photo of an alleged sniper aiming at US troops taken by award winning international photographer Joao Silva. According to Malkin, and now her fans, Silva is guilty of aiding the enemy because he didn't bat the guy down with his camera.

Naturally, her rant inspired a call to kill the photographer This time, from a lower rung blogger to be sure, but worthy of note nonetheless:

I may have a solution to the problem of journalists actively cooperating with enemies of the United States to get more Americans killed.

[Photo of gallows and nooses]

I actually know how to tie one of these knots. If the traitors at the Old Gray Crack Ho, National Communist Radio and elsewhere continue aiding and abetting the enemy, we should revive a long-lost American tradition: the necktie party.

Silva is a South African, not an American, so executing him would technically mean declaring war on that country, too; but little things like that never enter into the war-obsessed minds of chickenhawk asshats like these bloggers. When you're not actually doing the fighting, things like, oh... a seventeen-front war dont mean anything.

Just one more example of the desensitization that's being allowed on the Right: take an outrageous idea, like murdering other Americans who disagree with you (or South Africans), repeat it so much and by so many people across all levels of celebrity, until it becomes mainstream. Then, it's a short hop to actual implementation.

The US Government murdering critics under the rationale of State Secrecy. Are we sure Malkin isn't North Korean after all?

* I do get it now. The text says "South African" not "South American" as I had imagined. Haste makes waste. Bugger.

« Last Edit: 2006-07-24 10:45:05 by Blunderov » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: