logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-25 05:47:07 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Everyone into the pool! Now online... the VirusWiki.

Church of Virus BBS
  Mailing List
  Virus 2006

A modest de-neocon-tamination proposal
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: A modest de-neocon-tamination proposal  (Read 1190 times)
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
A modest de-neocon-tamination proposal
« on: 2006-03-08 01:05:03 »

[Hermit] As the NeoConArtists attempt to disassociate themselves from the shreds of the USA's tattered reputation before the curtain falls, perhaps we can now consider removing their writings from our boards, to some lonely Islet of the deluded, failed author by failed author, until the total dementia of those who advocated commiting reputationcide is apparent to all through a simple link to the repository. After all, even that Doyen of the NeoConArtist Hacks, Arthur Sullivan, so frequently quoted by the NeoConned in our Serious Business forums has now, I kid you not, apparently recanted.

[Arthur Sullivan] "In retrospect, neoconservatives (and I fully include myself) made three huge errors. The first was to overestimate the competence of government, especially in very tricky areas like WMD intelligence. The shock of 9/11 provoked an overestimation of the risks we faced. And our fear forced errors into a deeply fallible system." "When doubts were raised, they were far too swiftly dismissed."  "[T]he miraculously peaceful end of the cold war lulled many of us into overconfidence about the inevitability of democratic change, and its ease. We got cocky. We should have known better. The second error was narcissism. America's power blinded many of us to the resentments that hegemony always provokes." "Sometimes the right thing to do will spawn backlash, and we should do it anyway. But that makes it all the more imperative that when we do go out on a limb, we get things right. In those instances, we need to make our margin of error as small as humanly possible. Too many in the Bush Administration, alas, did the opposite. They sent far too few troops, were reckless in postinvasion planning and turned a deaf ear to constructive criticism, even from within their own ranks."

[Hermit] At this point, would an "I told you so" be out of place? Will an apology follow?
Report to moderator   Logged

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
JD
Adept

Rate JD

View Profile
Re:A modest de-neocon-tamination proposal
« Reply #1 on: 2006-03-09 06:03:47 »

Quote from: Hermit on 2006-03-08 01:05:03   

[Hermit] As the NeoConArtists attempt to disassociate themselves from the shreds of the USA's tattered reputation before the curtain falls, perhaps we can now consider removing their writings from our boards

Hermit you really ought to try harder to suppress your authoritarian impulses 

For every one of these Neocons expressing doubts I can happy spam you with dozens whose resolve is redoubled.

Since I am a Neocon sympathizer and frequent apologist for Neocons and their dastardly global oppression, would you like you to remove my posting history too?

Perhaps open the issue to the floor in a vote?

You may yet be able to mark this date at the CoV's very own Cultural Revolution.

JD
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006-03-09 10:01:04 »

[Hermit] As the NeoConArtists attempt to disassociate themselves from the shreds of the USA's tattered reputation before the curtain falls, perhaps we can now consider removing their writings from our boards

[Jonathan Davis] Hermit you really ought to try harder to suppress your authoritarian impulses

[Hermit] Justification for leaping to the erroneous conclusion that I suffer from "authoritarian impulses"

[Jonathan Davis] For every one of these Neocons expressing doubts I can happy spam you with dozens whose resolve is redoubled.

[Hermit] I'm sure you can. But spam is seldom useful - and generally worth what is paid for it.

[Jonathan Davis] Since I am a Neocon sympathizer and frequent apologist for Neocons and their dastardly global oppression, would you like you to remove my posting history too?

[Hermit] Only if you get some sense and recant... i.e. attempt to disassociate yourself from the shreds of the USA's tattered reputation. You really should parse sentences before leaping to erroneous conclusions.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
JD
Adept

Rate JD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-03-12 14:59:01 »

Clarification: Were you asking if certain posts on the BBS be removed or not?

I took this:

"As the NeoConArtists attempt to disassociate themselves from the shreds of the USA's tattered reputation before the curtain falls, perhaps we can now consider removing their writings from our boards, to some lonely Islet of the deluded, failed author by failed author, until the total dementia of those who advocated commiting reputationcide is apparent to all through a simple link to the repository."

..to mean that your proposal was to excise some content (the writings of "NeoConArtists") from the boards. 

Kind regards

JD
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006-03-12 19:18:05 »

[Jonathan Davis] Clarification: Were you asking if certain posts on the BBS be removed or not? ...to mean that your proposal was to excise some content (the writings of "NeoConArtists") from the boards.

[Hermit] No. I didn't meant removing them from the BBS - as I wrote before, I think that it is more appropriate to simply move the huge volumes of pasted bigotry filling "Serious Business" et al (our forums) to some more appropriate location - maybe a forum labeled "Demented and Delusional" ("a lonely Islet of the deluded") - as the people whose writings had been used to flood the boards start taking their medication and retract their support for the American Empire's illegitimate efforts on behalf of Israel.

[Hermit] This would have the dual benefit of making the Serious Business forum available for other possibly more interesting purposes, as well as creating an easily referenced permanent repository of people whose opinions should be regarded with suspicion if not terminal jaundice. The simplest way to achieve this would be to simply rename the forum and establish a new one.

Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: