logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-26 20:05:54 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Do you want to know where you stand?

Church of Virus BBS
  Mailing List
  Virus 2005

Mushroom clouds over Tehran? A cradle and a grave for civilization.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Mushroom clouds over Tehran? A cradle and a grave for civilization.  (Read 820 times)
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
Mushroom clouds over Tehran? A cradle and a grave for civilization.
« on: 2005-11-21 18:00:43 »

Sometime ago, I made some comments on Iran and the potential of us deciding that taking out Baghdad, one of the two cradles of civilization wouldn't be enough; that we seemed to be developing intentions to sodomize Teheran with a device too.  Somebody else said something to the effect of  "ridiculous" and, not having much in the way of hard fact, I dropped the subject until something else cropped up.

Today I ran across another interesting tidbit on the same issue. So I looked for the previous thread. Oops. Our BBS has been wallpapered with anti-Iranian smear jobs - strongly reminiscent in every way but one of what happened in the run up to the illegal invasion of Iraq. The difference is the persistant rumor of planning for device involvement. Unfortunately the sheer volume of articles that have been dumped there in a way which would make Officer Obie reach for his camera with alacrity, meant that finding the previous thread was not an option. So here is a new one.

Source: Print Edition of the American Conservative
Dated: 2005-07-04
Authors: Philip Giraldi
On-line Citation by: http://www.justinlogan.com/justinlogancom/2005/07/what_is_the_pla.html

Quote:
The Pentagon, acting under instructions from Vice President Dick Cheney's office, has tasked the United States Strategic Command (STRATCOM) with drawing up a contingency plan to be employed in response to another 9/11-type terrorist attack on the United States.  The plan includes a large-scale air assault on Iran employing both conventional and tactical nuclear weapons.  Within Iran there are more than 450 major strategic targets, including numerous suspected nuclear-weapons-program development sites.  Many of the targets are hardened or are deep underground and could not be taken out by conventional weapons, hence the nuclear option.  As in the case of Iraq, the response is not conditional on Iran actually being involved in the act of terrorism directed against the United States.  Several senior Air Force officers involved in the planning are reportedly appalled at the implications of what they are doing--that Iran is being set up for an unprovoked nuclear attack--but no one is prepared to damage his career by posing any objections.

And, yes, many of the "hardened" nuclear-weapons-program development sites in Iran are underneath Tehran.
Report to moderator   Logged

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
Salamantis
Neophyte

I'm a llama!

View Profile E-Mail
Re:Mushroom clouds over Tehran? A cradle and a grave for civilization.
« Reply #1 on: 2005-11-22 11:40:11 »

[[ author reputation (0.00) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: