logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-26 20:15:00 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the IRC chat feature.

Church of Virus BBS
  Mailing List
  Virus 2005

an open letter to pat robertson
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: an open letter to pat robertson  (Read 843 times)
Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
an open letter to pat robertson
« on: 2005-08-27 05:53:17 »

now that everyone has heard about pat robertson's call to assasinate chavez, president of venezuela.

i think pat robertson would be thrilled to hear from the 'church of virus'.

i'd like to invite contributions from virians.

an open letter to pat robertson. what would you write.

the best letter would be..err..hmm..mailed to the 700 club. (yes, lucifer?)
Report to moderator   Logged
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:an open letter to pat robertson
« Reply #1 on: 2005-08-29 05:02:29 »

I seriously doubt that an open letter would succeed in tormenting Robertson any further than he already is. Apparently he is assailed by the horned one at every moment of the day. Even el Presidente is an agent of his limitless evil. (Well, OK, so that part's true.)

I used to derive a sort of sly satisfaction from a local charismatic evangelical (rich beyond the dreams of avarice and I do mean in a monetary sense) who used to come into a TV studio with his bible tucked underneath his arm like a sergeant-major’s baton and declaim about the dreaded one. It was the only thing he could ever talk about, seemingly. Me, I'd much rather hear about heaven - wouldn't you? Surprisingly Christians don't talk about it much, in my experience anyway. What with the puritan ethic, it must be difficult to approach the implications of ecstasy with anything other than trepidation. What if it turned to be something like sex? Or dancing? No, much better to talk about Satan. You always know where you are with Old Nick.

Herewith, some recent Robertsonisms, fresh baked from the ovens of hell.

http://atheism.about.com/b/a/196975.htm
From Austin Cline,
Your Guide to Agnosticism / Atheism.
August 28, 2005
Pat Robertson: Arab Muslims are Born Violent?
Although he has apologized for saying that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez should be assassinated, Pat Robertson continues to say outrageous things. Most recently, he has suggested that Arab Muslims are born violent because they are all descended from Ishmael.
No More Mister Nice Blog quotes:
On Tuesday's broadcast of "The 700 Club," Robertson said, "The Bible talks about Ishmael as being 'a wild ass.' He's just uncontrollable, and it's almost like this seed of rebellion and uncontrolled anger has, you know, filtered into these people."

The founder of the Christian Broadcasting Network added that Islamic terrorists seem to be motivated by "a spirit of murder."
So, some people have an "inborn taint that predisposes them towards violence"? Perhaps some people have an "inborn taint that predisposes them towards saying and thinking stupid things." I have some idea of who would go at the top of the list, too. Here are some more examples:

<snippage of examples seen here before>

(7) “Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson accused President Bush of ‘undermining a Christian, Baptist president to bring in Muslim rebels’ by asking Liberian President Charles Taylor, recently indicted for war crimes, to step down.”

(10) "You say you're supposed to be nice to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists and this, that, and the other thing. Nonsense. I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the Antichrist. I can love the people who hold false opinions but I don't have to be nice to them."
He also doesn’t have to act like mature, intelligent human being. There is certainly nothing about being a religious broadcaster that requires it and it wouldn't make sense for him to suddenly change his behavior after working so hard for the past decades getting his current foot-in-mouth routine down pat.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: