logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-05-18 21:04:55 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the IRC chat feature.

Church of Virus BBS
  Mailing List
  Virus 2005

virus: They who control the spice...! (braincandy)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: virus: They who control the spice...! (braincandy)  (Read 436 times)
deadletter-j
Initiate

Rate deadletter-j

How many Engstrom's does it take?

View Profile E-Mail
virus: They who control the spice...! (braincandy)
« on: 2005-03-15 14:39:26 »

Okay, kiddoes. I have a serious piece of braincandy for you. All along I have been saying that the brain is vulnerable to information that is fun and funny - and yet I myself am not that funny! This will serve as a good starting point.

Hypersphere:

a) Intent: It is my intent to get you to see your own brain watching your brain taking in information. This has great implications... (blah blah blah)...

b) Language: It is in the language of pure mathematics, expressed in regular english (no symbols), which means that it carries little emotional connotation.

c) Articulation:  I am going to describe a hypersphere in a way that will allow your brain to visualize it really, really well. This will, I believe, give us a common reference point for describing the Most Evil Thing Alive.

d) Brevity: Three long emails, one to describe the basic 4D construct, one to mental floss our brains while we are there, one to get us out via 5D

Or: Many short emails, broken into three phases.

e) Humor: DO NOT GET LOST IN 4D - YOU MAY COME BACK FLIPPED OVER OR WORSE! What was funny may now be serious. What was serious may now be funny. We can go in via 4D, we have to come back via 5D.

What you say?

For anyone who has ever taught or worked in mathematics, this will be fun because you can a) grok a shape that never quite made sense before, and b) you can make mathematicians brains flip over.

Good party joke!

---
To unsubscribe from the Virus list go to <http://www.lucifer.com/cgi-bin/virus-l>

Report to moderator   Logged

Hijacking everything ever knew about anything.
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: