logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-03-29 02:32:18 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Do you want to know where you stand?

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Society & Culture

Greater Church of Lucifer Opens to Protests in Old Town Springs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Greater Church of Lucifer Opens to Protests in Old Town Springs  (Read 3287 times)
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Greater Church of Lucifer Opens to Protests in Old Town Springs
« on: 2015-11-03 14:11:33 »

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/greater-church-of-lucifer-opens-to-protests-in-old-town-spring-7896102

This weekend, religious protesters arrived on Main Street in Old Town Spring to express their dissatisfaction with the Greater Church of Lucifer, which opened on Halloween.

Church leaders are adamant that they do not, as a whole, worship Satan. The church's philosophy is more in line with the New-Age spiritual movements of the 1960s and is focused on self-improvement. They picked the name "Lucifer" using the Latin translation, which is "light bringer," as a symbolic representation of the congregation's search for knowledge and self-empowerment.

"We saw that as an empowering archetype," said Michael Ford, co-president and Archon of the Greater Church of Lucifer. "Lucifer is a symbol of self-liberated thinking, being different from the herd."

But that didn't stop protesters from arriving at the church's doorstep on Main Street, armed with wooden crosses, holy water, rosary beads and bullhorns. Altogether there were about 40 protesters on Friday evening, lining both sides of Main Street. There was a heavy police presence, and the protests were largely peaceful, except for a few moments before dark when members from two groups of protesters— one Catholic organization from Pennsylvania, and the other consisting of some sort of doomsday-preachers from Las Vegas— began arguing with each other over who's sect of Christianity was correctly following Jesus. 

"We're not against Christianity," HopeMarie Ford, co-president of the church, said in an interview. "We're just about letting people find truth for themselves."

Inside the church, members gathered and ate cookies and donuts during the dedication ceremony while one church member, who works in private security, stood guard outside. The church plans to hold meetings every two weeks— the next is scheduled for November 13.
Report to moderator   Logged
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:Greater Church of Lucifer Opens to Protests in Old Town Springs
« Reply #1 on: 2015-11-03 14:12:22 »

Quote from: David Lucifer on 2015-11-03 14:11:33   

"We saw that as an empowering archetype," said Michael Ford, co-president and Archon of the Greater Church of Lucifer. "Lucifer is a symbol of self-liberated thinking, being different from the herd."

Archon? Coincidence or inspired by the CoV?
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #2 on: 2015-11-03 15:38:11 »

Quote from: David Lucifer on 2015-11-03 14:12:22   

Quote from: David Lucifer on 2015-11-03 14:11:33   

Archon? Coincidence or inspired by the CoV?

I would suggest it has already fallen prey to the sin of Faith, from what I have noted in their 11 governing points. Ironically the disdain shown by the christian demonstrators is that they are prey to the same sin. If CoV was co-opted in any way to the ends of the 'Greater Church of Lucifer', they seem to have missed the point of CoV.

Cheers

Fritz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtcFJGwQ2Q4

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 2015-11-04 11:49:31 »

Where do you see the sin of Faith in these?

https://greaterchurchoflucifer.org/luciferian-points-of-power/

1. Lucifer represents the light of intellect, wisdom and power unique to each individual with the courage to ascend to this responsibility.

2. The symbol of the Adversary is that of the self-liberator and spiritual rebel who inspires self-evolution.

3. Lucifer represents the balanced torch bearer of Venus: the Light Bringer as the Morning Star and the Night Bringer as the Evening Star.

4. The Adversary symbolizes the spark of consciousness which questions everything, manifesting the individualistic path with accountability only to the self.

5. The fall of Lucifer symbolizes the liberation of the mind from the slave-mentality and the courage to explore and master the darkness within. One may not offer the illumination of the Morning Star without the wisdom of the darkness within.

6. The Adversary represents rebellion with purpose: wisdom, strength and power.

7. Lucifer represents the courage and fortitude to acquire healthy self-love, leading to the responsibility of honoring your temple of mind, body and spirit.

8. To become your own god you must have the wisdom and strength to govern and guide your life as if your mind is to survive beyond the mortal body.

9. Indulgence with restraint, love for the deserving and disdain for those undeserving.

10. Lucifer represents the insight that every act, no matter if perceived as selfless, is at core a selfish act. Even if helping others is your passion, the brain still receives a chemical reward triggered by the act. This is why many consider that doing good deeds in society may bring you closer to “god”. Recognize you are selfish, then see this fact in all others while observing. Accept this and then with this knowledge, make choices that would benefit not only yourself but your loved ones’ when possible.

11. To become a god is to fully understand that you possess the power to create and sustain your path in life and illuminate the light of self-determined potential.
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 2015-11-04 17:39:40 »

Where do you see the sin of Faith in these?

To engage in magical thinking, to me, embodies a leap of Faith and that is what is required I think to embrace these statements of intent.

The language is suspect right from the get go. It is using hot words of our culture that are loading with meaning from our Judah-christen /socialization indoctrination. The words also encourage magical thinking as a direct results. I defy any consensus to be reached when a group is asked to explaining the 11 points as written.

Master is a control word that sets the initiate up for engagement by promising control for example.

These are statements presented to be of intent, manifest, points of law. at which they fail miserably. If they were to be fanciful notion in art or poetry i’d layer my meaning over them at accept them for the artist’s work, but they are not. They are claimed to be a framework for collective to enable betterment. (I’ll resit playing the Nazi card here, even though I want to.)

All the language to of Faith and not fact. They are loaded and evoke an emotional response to draw you into the act of Faith. That is a crime or sin to me.

https://greaterchurchoflucifer.org/luciferian-points-of-power/

1. Lucifer represents the light of intellect, wisdom and power unique to each individual with the courage to ascend to this responsibility.

How can Lucifer represent anything he is not defined as anything so far in this manifesto ?
2. The symbol of the Adversary is that of the self-liberator and spiritual rebel who inspires self-evolution.

“Suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune” is lame at this point.
3. Lucifer represents the balanced torch bearer of Venus: the Light Bringer as the Morning Star and the Night Bringer as the Evening Star.

The purveyor of light brings in a light. Say what?
4. The Adversary symbolizes the spark of consciousness which questions everything, manifesting the individualistic path with accountability only to the self.

What is a capitalized adversary ? Does in imply a christian God ?
5. The fall of Lucifer symbolizes the liberation of the mind from the slave-mentality and the courage to explore and master the darkness within. One may not offer the illumination of the Morning Star without the wisdom of the darkness within.

Christian allegory. Lucifer is what and fell from where ?
Master the Darkness within ?
Illumination of he Morning Star ?

Mumbo Jumbo to evoke emotion

6. The Adversary represents rebellion with purpose: wisdom, strength and power.

Adversary represent rebellion with purpose

7. Lucifer represents the courage and fortitude to acquire healthy self-love, leading to the responsibility of honoring your temple of mind, body and spirit.

8. To become your own god you must have the wisdom and strength to govern and guide your life as if your mind is to survive beyond the mortal body.

To become your own god ?
Survive beyond the mortal body ?

9. Indulgence with restraint, love for the deserving and disdain for those undeserving.

disdain for those undeserving ?
10. Lucifer represents the insight that every act, no matter if perceived as selfless, is at core a selfish act. Even if helping others is your passion, the brain still receives a chemical reward triggered by the act. This is why many consider that doing good deeds in society may bring you closer to “god”. Recognize you are selfish, then see this fact in all others while observing. Accept this and then with this knowledge, make choices that would benefit not only yourself but your loved ones’ when possible.

may bring you closer to “god” ? now dos is lower chase ?
11. To become a god is to fully understand that you possess the power to create and sustain your path in life and illuminate the light of self-determined potential.

To become a god ? Of what ?
create and sustain your path ?  Someone will tell you which path.
illuminate the light of self-determined potential.  You will be shown what you should do ?

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #5 on: 2015-11-10 14:18:24 »

Quote from: Fritz on 2015-11-04 17:39:40   

How can Lucifer represent anything he is not defined as anything so far in this manifesto ?

For them Lucifer is a symbol and this is what the symbol represents for them (definitionally). No faith involved. I think I can make similar arguments about the rest of your criticisms.
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #6 on: 2015-11-16 12:17:15 »

Quote from: David Lucifer on 2015-11-10 14:18:24   

Quote from: Fritz on 2015-11-04 17:39:40   

For them Lucifer is a symbol and this is what the symbol represents for them (definitionally). No faith involved. I think I can make similar arguments about the rest of your criticisms.

[url][/url]
<snip>
The GCOL is presented as a “church” but in actuality is a convocation of individuals who live according to the 11 Points of Luciferian Power and the philosophy outlined in “Wisdom of Eosphoros”. Many of us practice Magick from various traditions such as Pagan, Chaos Magic, Satanism, Hermetic, Thelemic and Left Hand Path Witchcraft traditions. Many Luciferians utilize the magical teachings of Michael W. Ford and Jeremy Crow; other Luciferians do not practice any type of formal ceremonial magick. Relying on the core philosophy, Luciferians may adapt the philosophy to a number of traditions and schools of thought.
<snip>

Off to find a copy of the - "Wisdom of Eosphoros: The Luciferian Philosophy" by Michael W. Ford

Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: