logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-18 10:10:19 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Donations now taken through PayPal

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Society & Culture

epic job quits
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: epic job quits  (Read 1013 times)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
epic job quits
« on: 2010-08-10 21:24:07 »

This seems to be a theme in the news today. Lots of people seem to empathize with these two people calling it quits and the manners in which they did, even describing them in heroic terms. Indeed I too empathize with their sentiments, however I wouldn't have quit the ways they did.

full story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100810/ap_on_bi_ge/us_flight_attendant_arrest_6
excerpts:
Quote:
NEW YORK – A JetBlue flight attendant got into an argument with a passenger on a jetliner arriving at John F. Kennedy International Airport on Monday, cursed the passenger, grabbed a beer from the galley and then deployed an emergency exit slide and fled the plane, authorities said.

Flight attendant Steven Slater was arrested at his nearby home in the Belle Harbor section of Queens by Port Authority of New York And New Jersey police on charges of criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and trespassing.

...snip...

Slater was working on JetBlue Flight 1052 from Pittsburgh when he got into an argument with the passenger, who was pulling down baggage from an overhead bin, the Port Authority said. The luggage apparently struck the attendant in the head, and he asked for an apology, but the passenger refused, the agency said.
As the plane was landing, Slater got on the public-address system and cussed at the passenger, the Port Authority said. He then grabbed at least one beer, activated the slide, slid down and went to his car, it said.

And then this one - you've really got to see ALL the photos to get this story so go to the site and look at them (33 in all)

photos:http://thechive.com/2010/08/10/girl-quits-her-job-on-dry-erase-board-emails-entire-office-33-photos/

Quote:
We received the following photos last night from a person who works with this girl. Her name is Jenny (not confirmed) - we're working our contact for Jenny's last name. Yesterday morning, Jenny quit her job with a (flash)bang by emailing these photos to the entire office, about 20 employees we're told. Awesome doesn't begin to describe this office heroine. Check back as we will be updating if we get more details.
UPDATE: WE have made contact with Jenny and will be posting a follow-up story tomorrow morning with more information.

The first guy is facing criminal charges, and the girl could be liable for violations of privacy although she might also have a counterclaim for sexual harassment.

amazing-girl-quits-1.jpg
« Last Edit: 2010-08-10 21:25:38 by MoEnzyme »
Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)

MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Re:epic job quits
« Reply #1 on: 2010-08-11 15:21:21 »

The broker's assistant story quitting is a hoax. http://thechive.com/2010/08/11/a-word-from-jenny-16-photos/

It was good timing with the real Jetblue flight attendant story. I bet that's why so many people got taken by it because it seemed so plausible once you heard about the other one.

re: Steven Slater Given that he was already far out of the zone by cursing out the passenger on the PA and deploying the emergency exit, I like the fact that he took some beer with him. I mean if your day was really THAT bad, WTF? This Bud is for you!
« Last Edit: 2010-08-11 15:26:43 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: