logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-19 16:15:23 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the IRC chat feature.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Society & Culture

California Penal Colonies
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: California Penal Colonies  (Read 817 times)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
California Penal Colonies
« on: 2010-05-07 17:23:00 »

Can we make penal colonies a viable and humane component of our system of criminal justice? I think its at least worth a discussion. One of our candidates for governor of California certainly wasn't shy about sharing his ideas about that.

Here is a VERY short intro following the link, but he goes into a GREAT deal more detail on his website which I'm sure you will find entertaining.

-Mo

http://www.hughes4governor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47:child-safety&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=53

Quote:
Child Safety
As your governor, my number one promise to you is to remove all pedophiles from the State of California. We can do this.  We as parents care about our children. They are our gift from God and it is our responsibility to keep them from harm. I urge you to e-mail family, friends, associates, colleagues, neighbors, and acquaintances urging them to vote for Douglas R. Hughes for Governor of California. Let’s get these sick pedophiles out of our neighborhoods for good.

Currently, our government places pedophiles in prison. After short sentences, they are released back into our neighborhoods to rape our children. How mentally ill can one government be?  Why should Californians tolerate this practice?

As governor I will introduce legislation to impose mandatory expulsion of convicted pedophiles from the State of California as a condition of release from prison.

Pedophiles in the State of California will have three (3) choices:

1.    Leave our State of California permanently;

2.    Live on Santa Rosa Island (a self supporting community for pedophiles and sexual offenders);

3.    Remain in prison for life;

Additionally, I will introduce legislation prohibiting registered or unregistered pedophiles from entering California.  The penalties for offenders must be stiff to keep our children safe. As your governor, I will give you, the voters’ opportunities to make changes to the laws as needed.

The longer our current laws remain the same, the more children will be subjected to horrific acts by these predators. WE MUST ACT NOW!
 penalisland.GIF
« Last Edit: 2010-05-07 17:27:11 by MoEnzyme »
Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)

Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:California Penal Colonies
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-08 07:16:16 »

[Blunderov] The suggestion that paedophiles should be exiled from California is immoral. "We don't care if our criminals rape children in other states"? Sounds like that to me!

If paedophilia is a psychopathology then there is plenty of legal precedent for indefinite detention. I don't think there can be any having of cakes and eating them though: a pathology is a pathology and a criminal is a criminal. If paedophiles are held to be pathological then it seems logical that they could be detained indefinitely in an appropriate facility but outside of the prison sytem. If they are held to criminals, then send them to prison criminal correctional  facilities with the real possibility  of limited sentences being imposed and parole opportunities becoming available to those offenders.

I think that this distinction is not trivial. It is not rational to 'punish' involuntary behaviour. That's just cruelty.

Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: