logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-05-04 06:32:00 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Do you want to know where you stand?

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Society & Culture

Is it the end of the world as we know it?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Is it the end of the world as we know it?  (Read 505 times)
Bass
Magister

Rate Bass

I'm a llama!

View Profile
Is it the end of the world as we know it?
« on: 2007-01-27 13:14:24 »

How stupid are the world leader these days and why do they hate peace so much. Korea, wanted to set off a nuclear bomb for PEACEFUL REASONS!!! Is anyone really suppose to but that? Even if they arn't the first ones to fire it shows that they are expecting war. Why can't these idiots in positions of power learn to stop fighting about what religion is right and who should have all the Oil, blah, blah, blah. When our own planet is burning to a crisp because the are too worried about being richer then the country next to them to give a crap about global warming, or spend money on scientific advancements towards space so we can escape this hellhole rather then on have a larger stockpile of nuclear warheads, which everyone knows will just speed up gobal warming tenfold for every one that is fired. But I suppose many people like to be ignorant of these fact so they can be happy for the little time they have left, which I admit I kind of envy.

Okay rant over.

In the USA, the materials to build a bomb are readily available at any Walmart. Despite this fact, it is a rare occurence that a building is bombed. What does this tell us? It tells us that in a country with low to moderate social unrest, there is little motive for people to blow each other up for no reason. Very few people in this country kill for political or religious reasons. Almost all of the homicides here can be firmly attributed to revenge killings (ie "You fucked my wife! Die!") or illicit business dealings (ie "Dis be my drug territory, mafucka! I bus a cap in yo ass!").

Killing millions/billions is not something that most people are capable of. Even sociopaths who may lack any true moral objection to it would view it as completely pointless. For this reason, I seriously doubt that nuclear weapons will play a major part in mankind's end. When everyone has the bomb, everyone is afraid to use it--and really, no one wants to use it.

However, I do this that there is a serious threat posed by viral weaponry. A supervirus designed to wipe out a large population could be created and released with the intent of its utilizers to control the casualties through inoculation to or degradation of the virus only to mutate and spread uncontrollably, wiping out billions. However, I'd have to believe that a nation advanced enough to develop such a virus would be smart enough not to release it (still, it is a frightening thought).

For millenia prophets and wise men have waxed on about the impending doom which faces us all. In truth, the only real difference is that the toys have become shinier. The bomb is to act as a deterrent against military action taking place against some of it's "smaller" political ambitions. It promotes peace in much the same way as a stick protects a child from casual bullies. As loony tunes as Kim is, even he knows his stick won't save him if he pushes his luck to far.

Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: