logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-05-05 07:32:50 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Do you want to know where you stand?

Church of Virus BBS
  Mailing List
  Virus 2004

virus: Reading the list
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: virus: Reading the list  (Read 2594 times)
Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
Re:virus: Reading the list
« Reply #30 on: 2004-06-07 04:38:30 »

[rhinoceros]
Ok, since I don't see any more value in keeping that incident "a secret", since misconceptions seem to generate lots of false assumption and mistrust, I'll break the deal.

[Mermaid] Please be more specific. I am sick and tired of people asking me why I drove Hermit out of CoV while in fact it was *his* choice and *his* choice alone. And now using Hermitess' handle to have himself heard. This clearly shows dishonest intent. What I did was enter #hermit with a bunch of questions about his disciplinary committee or whatever abomination he was cooking up at that time...i dont think its fair to declare policies that affect all of cov and declare that he will not listen to one person(i.e. me) because he is ignoring me....did I attack him? maybe..maybe not...but *I* didnt drive him out...*I* didnt complain when I was repeatedly kick/banned from #virus(not just #hermit)...

To Hermit: Maybe Hermitess doesnt know the full story..maybe it is not even the Hermitess..whatever it is, it seems to me that both of you have to discuss it before you present your 'story' and post under your handles...'Friendship as a stick', my ass! I am a loyal friend, but I am not a fool...what is it that is in you that cannot make one honest expression without letting your horrendous ego fucking up everything...you fucked up our friendship..you fuck up everything..now you are trying to fuck up another good friendship..guess what, *I* come first in my list of priorities even when 'friends' gang up against me...a lot of the times, I turned a blind eye to your obvious fuck ups because you so skillfully hide behind the Hermitess..guess what, games up...you lose...you let your friends (and now, your partner) down...you cut a sorry figure...if you had to come back to make a point against JD(even if it was initially under the guise of Hermitess)...why didnt you stick to that...an obviously intelligent person like you slipping so bad because of a dent in your common sense by being greedy in order to burn everyone that pissed you off...it hurts so bad just to watch you go down like this..united, we stand...divided, we fall and all that...you are smart..you are not great..you are not invincible..you are very very very human...maybe i'll teach you about strategy someday...but right now, go away and come back when your head is clear..if people can tolerate JD here, I dont see why they wont welcome you back with open arms (and with much joy) if you clean up your act...

p.s. and oh..Joe Dees, I hope you are enjoying this show..and I still dont like you...this doesnt change a thing...
Report to moderator   Logged
Matt Arnold
Magister

Rate Matt Arnold

The Electric Monk
145919418 145919418    nemorathwald nemorathwald
View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #31 on: 2004-06-08 12:24:04 »

This is an outsider's perspective. I just don't understand why it's difficult to ignore comments that you don't like, or entire people that you don't like. The controversial personalities on CoV don't deter me from participation in the overall site. I simply recognize when the topic has gotten off onto a discussion about the discussion itself, and then I smite their karma and usually either change the subject back on topic or pretend they didn't say anything.

He believed in a door. The door was the way to... to... The Door was The Way. Good. Capital letters were always the best way of dealing with things you didn't have a good answer to.
LenKen
Adept

Rate LenKen

Mi caca es su caca.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #32 on: 2004-06-08 14:34:13 »

And here’s another outsider’s perspective:
    For purely pragmatic reasons, it’s usually best not to perpetuate these sorts of conflicts, fighting personal attacks with still more personal attacks.  Not only does that strategy rarely work, but it’s usually counterproductive: The battle merely escalates.
    But it only takes one of the warring parties to end the escalation of a tit-for-tat battle—just don’t respond.  After all, when someone sees that his attacks are having no effect, he’ll eventually stop wasting his time . . . just as a guy will eventually give up trying to make babies once he realizes he’s just shooting blanks (nothing against guys who are sterile, of course; my own father was sterile, as a matter of fact—but, fortunately for me, the mailman wasn’t). 

One man’s frozen sperm is another man’s low-carb ice cream.  
Pages: 1 2 [3] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: