logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-05-13 17:24:11 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Everyone into the pool! Now online... the VirusWiki.

Church of Virus BBS
  Mailing List
  Virus 2004

'Disturbing' data suggest plot for summer terror
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: 'Disturbing' data suggest plot for summer terror  (Read 4189 times)
rhinoceros
Archon

Rate rhinoceros

My point is ...

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:'Disturbing' data suggest plot for summer terror
« Reply #15 on: 2004-06-01 19:36:58 »

[Joe Dees to Casey 1] Perhaps you'd like to re-view the video I posted of Berg's beheading and chant a little sotto voce Allahu Ackbar.

[Joe Dees to Casey 2] That's nowhere like saying that someone is, literally, a motherfucker.

[rhinoceros] Since Irvken does not know either you or your mother personally, that was obviously an empty insult. But I still wonder which one you find worse and why. How do you personally value personal shaming?
Report to moderator   Logged
Joe Dees
Heretic

Rate Joe Dees

I love YaBB SE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2004-06-01 19:41:52 »

[[ author reputation (1.71) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

« Last Edit: 2004-06-01 20:00:35 by Joe Dees » Report to moderator   Logged
Casey
admin
Adept

Rate Casey

Revere the skeptic.

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #17 on: 2004-06-01 19:57:09 »

[Casey]
Joe, this is the post that you have been alluding regarding Kos and myself:

<snip>
Joe,

Please calm down.  You compared me to Kos and I happily accept that comparison.  I also want to point out that your post from Hoystory is published by someone whom I disagree with on most subjects, including Iraq.  Of course, I'm not going to agree with you on this issue, or probably anything related to Iraq.  You continually post opinions that argue against liberal, or left-minded publications.  That's your opinion and you have every right to it.  Remember, I do not go out of my way to attack you for your hostile opinions regarding the likes of Indymedia, etc.  The only time I ever do anything remotely like what you are doing to me currently is when you post one article after another, with no explanation or opinion of your own.

So, you and I disagree on many issues.  I think that quasi-mercenary forces should not be in Iraq.  If we need more security in Iraq, then we should have more military forces in Iraq.  I don't want MY hard earned monies which go to the federal govt in the form of taxes being used to pay for the security of civilian contractor's when those security forces are not a part of the US armed forces.  Also, those 4 men knew exactly what type of danger was involved when going to Iraq.  Rene Gonzalez?  OK, when did you start complaining about what some university student wrote?  I will not besmirch him for writing his piece;  this is, after all, the United States of America.  And, there is a provision within the Bill of Rights that protects freedom of speech.  So, I'll defend him just for the sake of defending his right to speak out; regardless of my opposing point of view.  As for me "muddying up the waters" by discussing Matthew Hoy's position on school prayer or abortion - I was highlighting how different I am compared to this right-wing idealogue.  If Mr. Hoy begins to refrain from ad hominem attacks on those whom he disagrees with, then I may begin to read what he has to say.  Until that time has come to pass, I'll gladly refrain from doing so.

<end snip>

[Casey]
It would seem that you are arguing with me over what Kos wrote.  I said that I don't take issue with Kos posting what he writes.  I said that I'd happily agree with being compared to Kos because he in my opinion he isn't a zealous patriot, which can be discerned from my reply.  In fact, I've never said, ONCE, that I agree with everything he writes, only that I applaud him for writing it.

It should also be noted that as I said above, those 4 security officers knew exactly what they were getting into when they signed their contracts to work in Iraq.  And, that I did not want my monies to be paid to them, instead I'd rather my monies be paid to the US military.  And, finally, as I said above I stated that I want more US military personnel in-country instead of these security contractors.

Finally, I'm going to call you out on lying about the subject of you telling me to chant sotto voce Alluha Akbar while watching the Berg decapitation again.

Regards,
Casey

Joe Dees
Heretic

Rate Joe Dees

I love YaBB SE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2004-06-01 20:15:32 »

« Last Edit: 2004-06-01 20:29:46 by Joe Dees » Report to moderator   Logged
Joe Dees
Heretic

Rate Joe Dees

I love YaBB SE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2004-06-01 20:28:52 »

rhinoceros
Archon

Rate rhinoceros

My point is ...

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #20 on: 2004-06-01 20:34:38 »

[Joe Dees]
I merely INQUIRED if, considering your complete and total lack of sympathy for four Americans who arguably suffered much greater barbarity than Nick Berg did, and who, like Nick Berg, were civilian contractors in Iraq (although Nick Berg was freelance and the four food truck guards mutilated and burned in Fallujah were corporate-connected), you'd LIKE TO do so.  If you took offence at the question, apparently you would NOT like to do so; that is a point in your favor.

[rhinoceros]
Besides the specifics of the mutilation of the bodies by the mob, what their employer sells is SWAT: Special Weapons and Tactics teams.

http://www.blackwaterusa.com/

Joe Dees
Heretic

Rate Joe Dees

I love YaBB SE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2004-06-01 20:45:29 »

Casey
admin
Adept

Rate Casey

Revere the skeptic.

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #22 on: 2004-06-01 20:54:50 »

[Joe]
I never said that I didn't make that comment.  For me to assert otherwise, considering the omnipresent Virus archives, would be surpassingly stupid of me.

Quote from: Joe Dees on 2004-05-28 20:12:19   

Casey, I never said anything like this to you, and never will.

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 14:27, Joe Dees wrote:
> Cowgirl, missionary, doggie-style, reverse cowgirl (in that order).  Our supposed 'natural' position is doggie-style.

yeah, as if, is that with your mother?

BTW: Irvken posted this AFTER Lucifer silenced him for a week for previous slanders.  That is a clear and intentional violation of the ban.

[Casey]
Joe, you DID tell me to chant Alluha Akbar while watching the Berg decapitation.  Then, as noted above, you said that you "never said anything this like to you (me), and never will".  There's a discrepency.  Either, you did, or you didn't.  And, the evidence (your posts) agrees with my previous assertion.  What more do you need?  Seriously. 

Regards,
Casey
rhinoceros
Archon

Rate rhinoceros

My point is ...

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #23 on: 2004-06-01 21:09:29 »

[Joe Dees]
I was about to modify my last post to add "before the thread was unfortunately hijacked by Irvken's attacks and subsequent suppoort for them by others", but that comment has now been rendered redundant and superfluous.

And guards of food trucks in a war zone had BETTER know how to guard.  Apparently, considering their horrific fate, the slaughtered Americans in Fallujah were either not able or not equipped to guard their assigned food truck convoy - or themselves - well enough.

[rhinoceros]
I am not sure what the last part of the first paragraph was supposed to mean, so you probably did the right thing to omit it.

As for the second paragraph, yes, it seems that these four mercenaries along with several hundred more Americans and many thousands Iraqis, all of them on Iraqi soil, failed to guard themselves.

http://icasualties.org

Real people with names.
Joe Dees
Heretic

Rate Joe Dees

I love YaBB SE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2004-06-01 21:16:15 »

Casey
admin
Adept

Rate Casey

Revere the skeptic.

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #25 on: 2004-06-01 21:55:08 »

Joe, I was pointing out what you said to me.  Indeed, what you said could be construed as categorically offensive.  And, my point is that it is.    Now, I would assume that you are agreeing with me when I say that you did comment that I should "sotto voce Alluha Akbar" while watching the Berg decapitation, correct? This aforementioned quote has nothing to do with Irvken and yourself.  It has to do with what you said to me in a previous post on the BBS, a post which you said previously you never wrote. 

Taking this into consideration,  I would say this to be on the same level as your complaint regarding Irvken.  He said something that offended you.  You said something that offended me.  Is that point so difficult to comprehend?    You might then ask yourself why didn't I complain as you did when Irvken insulted you.  Simply put, I found it silly, and quite frankly one of the stupidest things I've ever read from you, to complain. 

However, since you've complained about his behavior, I feel it is important that this offensive behavior of yours should be held to the same standard that you want others to have to abide by. 

Shall I take you to task and ask that the Virian Council silence you for not abiding by those same standards that you want others to follow?   

Regards,
Casey

Joe Dees
Heretic

Rate Joe Dees

I love YaBB SE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2004-06-01 23:37:37 »

« Last Edit: 2004-06-01 23:51:25 by Joe Dees » Report to moderator   Logged
Joe Dees
Heretic

Rate Joe Dees

I love YaBB SE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2004-06-01 23:46:16 »

« Last Edit: 2004-06-01 23:58:40 by Joe Dees » Report to moderator   Logged
DrSebby
Archon

Rate DrSebby

...Oh, you smell of lambs!
18680476 18680476    dr_sebby drsebby
View Profile WWW E-Mail
RE: virus: Re:'Disturbing' data suggest plot for summer terror
« Reply #28 on: 2004-06-02 00:09:53 »

....if it weren't for motherfuckers....there would be a lot of lonely,
unhappy, single mothers out there.  tip your glass to the motherfuckers of
the world.

DrSebby.
"Courage...and shuffle the cards".

----Original Message Follows----
Reply-To: virus@lucifer.com
To: virus@lucifer.com
Subject: virus: Re:'Disturbing' data suggest plot for summer terror
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 17:18:32 -0600

That's nowhere like saying that someone is, literally, a motherfucker.

----
This message was posted by Joe Dees to the Virus 2004 board on Church of
Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30374>
---
To unsubscribe from the Virus list go to
<http://www.lucifer.com/cgi-bin/virus-l>

---
To unsubscribe from the Virus list go to <http://www.lucifer.com/cgi-bin/virus-l>

"courage and shuffle the cards..."
Casey
admin
Adept

Rate Casey

Revere the skeptic.

View Profile E-Mail
RE: virus: Re:'Disturbing' data suggest plot for summer terror
« Reply #29 on: 2004-06-02 00:20:59 »

[Joe Dees]
Please do.  Any objective review of the incident, not colored by Bush-hatred, anti-war fervour, and personal animus, will have to conclude that:

1) I made a single statement to you, ONCE, while Irvken made several statements in a short time, on different threads, sliming me viciously, even AFTER he was banned by Lucifer.

[Casey]
So, you agree with my initial assertion.  Thank you. 

[Joe Dees]
2) I did not TELL you to chant "Allahu Ackbar" while watching the Nick Berg beheading video, but, instead, asked you if, considering your approval of Kos, who stated 'screw them' in regards to four Americans murdered and mutilated by fallujan-based Jihadis, if you would like to do so.  I never called you any name whatsoever, least  of all, a motherfucker, nor did I call you a fuckwit, or a propagandizer, or tell you to shut the fuck up.  But as to the last one, I'm getting there.

[Casey]
This statement "I did not tell you to chant 'Alluha Akbar' while watching the Nick Berg beheading video" was refuted by your own words in previous posts as noted earlier today. 

[Joe Dees]
3) My comment did indeed have to do with a seemingly uncaring attitude to the mutilation and murder of Americans, which is just a short step away from approving of such actions, while Irvken's remarks concerning sex with my mother (an asinine and hurtful slander which he assumed from the execrable Hermit, knowing that my mother is afflicted with Alzheimers' Disease) had nothing whatsoever to do with ANY FUCKING THING EXCEPT VILE AND VICIOUS EMOTIONAL ATTACK!!!

[Casey]
I never knew that by saying that I applaud Kos, someone whom you brought into this equation initially, for his forthright manner and outspoken nature would deem me uncaring.  Read the archives of his blog.  That's what I did.  I didn't take his one post about Fallujah as my only reason for applauding his efforts of disseminating information. 

[Joe Dees]
Considering these multiple and manifest differences, no one possessing a scintilla of fairness, justice or balance could possibly equate the two.

[Casey]
But, your words do incite.    Your words do carry weight.    Your words do have an effect on others.    Just as Irvken's and Hermit's words have had on you. 

[Joe Dees]
4) If you take such action, I would like to file a counterclaim of vicious and ideology-inspired harassment, based upon the contents of this thread.  Resorting to tag-team smitings of my posts by Hermitic minions, as has recently happened, while they also, tag-team fashion, applaud each other, should not affect such a judgment, except to confirm these contentions.  If people are known by the character of their adversaries, I hope I soon reach -100; I would consider it a badge of honor.

[Casey]
There is no idealogical-inspired harassment present in this thread.  Not on my account, at least.  As I've already stated on the BBS and in the CoV email list, I feel the US should employ it's military in an effective manner and not use quasi-mercenaries to fufill security operations. 

[Joe Dees]
In conclusion:
You will not succeed in pushing my buttens and troll-baining me into a self-condemning tirade, any more than Hermitess could do with Jonathan Davis, no matter how diligently you try to do so.  If you decide to file such a case, you will have to deal with the pathetically and pitifully inadequate case you posssess at present - one which should, if it succeeded, should, in all fairness, also get Hermitess silenced, as she called me much worse things in her posts, quisling and rude, slimy, two-faced shit being chief among them.

[Casey]
I've not once tried to push your buttons.  I only want you to live up to the standards that you've set for others.    You've complained about Irvken, you've complained about Hermit, you've complained about Hermitess, and you've complained about Jake Sapiens in the past.  With all of these complaints posted by you,  it would seem only fitting that you live up to the standards that you've argued for.

[Casey]
And, finally, I thank you for agreeing with my initial assertion that you lied.    I don't appreciate being told to "sotto voce Alluha Akbar" while watching the Berg decapitation, nor do I appreciate being called one of "Hermit's minions", nor do I appreciate being told that my applauding someone (Kos) for their right to speak freely is akin to being a Bush-hater, or is somehow indicative of some anti-war fervour.  It was, and I'll stand by this claim, a statement supporting his right to speak freely and openly.  Something I find to be important in a society that supports freedom of speech.  FWIW, I believe you should be able to speak freely and openly.  However, I feel that that all of the standards that you want others to abide by should also apply to you. In other words, don't jump down people's throats because they may disagree with you.  Nor, would it be appropriate for you to utter such disgusting suggestions as you have to me.  I take offence to them, especially now that you are defending them so righteously. 

Regards,
Casey   
« Last Edit: 2004-06-02 00:30:19 by Casey » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: