logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-03-29 05:36:33 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Donations now taken through PayPal

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Science & Technology

Escaping the Matrix
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Escaping the Matrix  (Read 177 times)
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
Escaping the Matrix
« on: 2023-03-25 04:53:22 »

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/364811408_How_to_Hack_the_Simulation

Yampolskiy, Roman (2022-10). How to Hack the Simulation. DOI:10.13140/RG.2.2.14366.61766/1

Many researchers have conjectured that the humankind is simulated along with the rest of the physical universe – a Simulation Hypothesis. In this paper, we do not evaluate evidence for or against such claim, but instead ask a computer science question, namely: Can we hack the simulation? More formally the question could be phrased as: Could generally intelligent agents placed in virtual environments find a way to jailbreak out of them. Given that the state-of-the-art literature on AI containment answers in the affirmative (AI is uncontainable in the long-term), we conclude that it should be possible to escape from the simulation, at least with the help of superintelligent AI. By contraposition, if escape from the simulation is not possible, containment of AI should be, an important theoretical result for AI safety research. Finally, the paper surveys and proposes ideas for hacking the simulation and analyzes ethical and philosophical issues of such an undertaking.

I agree that out universe is almost certainly virtual, although I think that holographic might be more descriptive than a simulation, ass I do not think that what we experience was planned, or that 5heir are super intelligent creators involved. Instead, I consider it a near certainty that Turing,-capable, self-evolving, self-replicating cellular-automata emerged as hypothesized by John von Neumann in 1948 (Von Neumann, John.(1966-01). Theory of Self-Reproducing Automata. Ed. Arthur W. Burks . Urbana: University of Illinois Press), and that these very simple systems are responsible for the universe we experience. The fact that a seven layer neural mesh, such as possessed by humans is capable of modeling the universe in which it evolved is highly suggestive that the underlying mathematical model is not complex, though it probably has 11 or more dimensions. Such cellular automata need not speak a language, but if they do, it is almost certainly, like our universe, fundamentally mathematical in nature.

This is why my largest problem with the above paper is the idea that there is something aside from our holographic universe to which one could escape, and a whole lot of evidence suggesting that there is not. It remains interesting to consider...
Report to moderator   Logged

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: