logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-26 18:55:37 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Everyone into the pool! Now online... the VirusWiki.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Science & Technology

Is there anything to find on bin Laden's hard drive?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Is there anything to find on bin Laden's hard drive?  (Read 6723 times)
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Is there anything to find on bin Laden's hard drive?
« on: 2011-05-04 01:39:47 »

But can Wikileaks get thier hands on the data ?

Cheers

Fritz

Mining the 'mother lode' of intelligence

Source: The Register
Author: Dan Goodin
Date: 2011.05.04

US officials are already referring to the trove of computer drives and disks seized from Osama bin Laden's compound as “the mother lode of intelligence.” Such gloating is probably premature.

As reported by Politico and others, the US Navy SEAL team that killed bin Laden on Sunday in Pakistan snatched computers, thumb drives and other electronic equipment. The gear has been sent to a secret location in Afghanistan where hundreds of intelligence officials are examining it.

“They cleaned it out,” one official boasted. “Can you imagine what's on Osama bin Laden's hard drive?”

It wouldn't be surprising for the answer to be: little, or very little.

As the world learned shortly after Sunday's lightning raid, bin Laden took extraordinary steps to hide his tracks from the countless spy agencies that worked day and night for 10 years to track him. He steadfastly shunned devices that left digital footprints. The huge compound where he died had no telephone or internet connection.

Given bin Laden's well-founded paranoia, he probably used encryption to prevent outsiders from reading the contents of his computer. And if that's the case, extracting intelligible data won't be nearly as straightforward as some reports suggest.

Probably the best chance intelligence officials have for recovering the data is exploiting implementation flaws in any encryption program bin Laden may have used. According to a 2007 report from the Middle East Media Research Institute, extremists with the Global Islamic Media Front released what was billed as “the first Islamic computer program for secure exchange [of information] on the Internet.”

It's unknown if bin Laden used “Mujahideen Secrets,” as the program is known, but if he did, that could be a huge boon for intelligence officials. Most successful attacks against encryption programs exploit implementation flaws, such as side channel vulnerabilities, in programs or algorithms that haven't been subjected to rigorous review from researchers.

Mujahideen Secrets may offer 256-bit AES and 2048-bit asymmetrical encryption, but given the the program's small and insular user base, it wouldn't be surprising if the software authors made crucial mistakes that even they don't know about.

It's more likely that bin Laden used a more reputable encryption program such as PGP or the open-source GnuPG. These programs, too, may have flaws known to US government spooks, but crypto experts generally say the likelihood they can be broken is smaller because, unlike less widely used programs, they have so far withstood robust scrutiny.

Assuming the encryption protecting bin Laden's secrets is sound, the government's best chance of recovering his data is to use forensics tools to find cleartext hidden in free space on the disks, said Nate Lawson, a cryptographer who is principal of security consultancy Root Labs . As The Reg pointed out in February, flash drives are dangerously hard to purge of data, making thumb drives a good starting point.

Lawson said intelligence personnel also might be able to brute-force the passphrase of bin Laden's encryption key. No one knows just how complex a passphrase the National Security Agency is capable of cracking. We're guessing it's considerable, but even that capability is limited and depending on the complexity of the phrase it could take time.

It will be interesting to learn just how adept bin Laden was at protecting the data stashed on his computer gear. It may turn out he made fatal mistakes encrypting it. Then again, don't be surprised if this intelligence mother lode is mostly filled with Fools Gold.
Report to moderator   Logged

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:Is there anything to find on bin Laden's hard drive?
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-04 02:27:46 »

[Blunderov] I do not doubt that 'Bin Laden's hard drive' (now there's an internet meme in-waiting:lol!) will turn out to be a rich vein of much valuable disinformation.

Some random thoughts on the 'death' of OBL:

"They dropped him in the sea to make the whole thing a bit more fishy than it already is."

"we can be assured that the killing of Osama bin Laden represents a shared view at the very pinnacle of power that the the overarching narrative needed to be changed, and abruptly."

Lest we forget: there is no known evidence that Osama Bin Laden had anything to do with 9/11. After 9/11, the USA demanded of the Afghanistan government (the Taliban) that they hand him over. The Taliban requested, as is in accordance with International law, that the USA furnish evidence of the alleged crime before they handed him over. The USA refused to do so and then criminally attacked Afghanistan.

Oh the lulz! Make it stop! I haven't laughed so much since the skunk ran
up the lemon tree. "Sir Christopher Meyer, told Sky News: “I
imagine we will see proof. “I can’t concede the US president would go
out to make a statement to the world that bin Laden is dead without
being able to produce evidence that he is dead ...Still haven’t seen
Obama’s REAL Birth Certificate". ROFLMAO. Birthers caught between a forgery and a hard place?

(OBL will NEVAH die 'cos his power rating is moar than 9000! All your bases are belong to him. Did I mention that he don't afraid of anything?)

« Last Edit: 2011-05-04 02:33:52 by Blunderov » Report to moderator   Logged
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-04 04:10:32 »

[Blunderov] Documentary evidence of Obama* being buried at sea. The truth at last!

* Did you know the president is a Muslim?

Newsflash: I see on Al Jazeera that a photograph of the deceased Bin Laden "will be released" sometime soonish.  Perhaps they need some time to re-shoot (so to speak)?
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-04 04:56:36 »

[Blunderov] It seems appropriate at this historic time to reflect upon a photo retrospective of that notorious international sock puppet who was Obama bin Laden.

[Picture] Obama on location in new York City boasting about 9/11

[Picture] Obama on location in Afghanistan.

[Picture] Obama on set with Britney Spears during their failed "Obama and the Goldstein Girls" comeback tour of 2007.

[Bl.] Not since the death of Daffy "Sheldon" Duck in 1964 has the entertainment industry suffered such a grievious blow. Obama will be remembered forevah.
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 2011-05-04 10:01:29 »

Quote from: Blunderov on 2011-05-04 04:10:32   

Newsflash: I see on Al Jazeera that a photograph of the deceased Bin Laden "will be released" sometime soonish.  Perhaps they need some time to re-shoot (so to speak)?

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/03/bin.laden.fake.photo/

Widely distributed death photo of Osama bin Laden is fake

By Dana Ford, CNN

May 4, 2011 -- Updated 1055 GMT (1855 HKT)

The Guardian newspaper in Britain reported the picture is actually a combination of two photographs: a bloodied corpse and a real image of bin Laden that was taken in 1998 and used by the Reuters news agency.

The doctored image blanketed the Internet in the hours after bin Laden's death and was picked up by news groups far and wide, in places like Pakistan, Afghanistan, Senegal and Iraq.

Meanwhile, U.S. officials are weighing whether to release an actual image of bin Laden's corpse. A photograph could help to convince doubters about his death, but it also could inflame passions against the United States.

"I'll be candid that there are sensitivities here in terms of the appropriateness of releasing photographs of Osama bin Laden in the aftermath of this firefight," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters Tuesday. "We're making an evaluation about the need to do that."

A senior government official involved in the discussions said a photo release could come as early as Tuesday.

A second government official familiar with intelligence matters said deliberations are leaning toward a release, but emphasized that the decision "isn't unanimous and everyone has understandable hesitation."

[Bl.] This new found squeamishness about public sensibilities and Islamic custom would be welcome if it wasn't so suspiciously out of character - not to mention entirely wrongheaded if one believes the Islamic Council of South Africa which said that burying a person who was killed on land at sea was "foreign to Islam". In the past the USA has been quite happy to flout Islamic custom when expediency beckoned. The corpses of Saddam's sons, for instance, were kept on display for 11 days before they were buried. From Guantanemo Bay to Abu Ghraib, the American contempt of Islam and all its works has never been anything but crystal clear and quite unwavering.

So why get so polite all on a sudden (conciliatory even)? My take is that the USA finds itself having bitten off a lot more than it can chew economically. It is superbly ironic that the announcement of OBL's death coincides with the looming bankrupty of the USA.  Bin Laden would have been happy to lay down his life for that outcome and he must be dancing a jig in his grave - wherever that might actually be. (He quite often stated that this was his purpose if memory serves.) It is also deliciously ironic that the USA now has less control over events in the ME than it did 10 years because of the tide of democratic revolution has swept across it's landscape. This has supplanted some very undemocratic dictatorships and threatened yet others that have long been cynically propped up by the USA. Be careful of what you wish for as they say.

On a side note, does anybody know what the fuck is going on in Libya? What is NATO doing there? Why? I don;t get this at all. One thing I do know is that Libya has a lot of oil. Just conceivably that might have something to do with it but quite what that might be is not clear to me. Anybody?
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #5 on: 2011-05-04 19:09:41 »

Now [Blunderov], you are not embracing the ethos of the west in celebrating the demise of an evil villian. The Hollywood script demands you be pleased.

As to Libya; I was hoping your presence on the Continent might offer more then the WTF, I note with the information I get in 'the great white north'. Albeit I was ironically just finished watching "Oil and Blood" (2010) http://www.bloodandoilmovie.com/download/Blood_and_Oil_EPK.pdf and had flipped on the news to get the word of the death. The movie is worth the watch !

Sigh

Fritz

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #6 on: 2011-05-04 19:33:33 »

[Blunderov] I haven't checked this out but here it is. 

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=WAT20110504&articleId=24622

Top Government Insider: Bin Laden Died In 2001, 9/11 False Flag Attack

by Paul Joseph Watson

Global Research, May 4, 2011
Infowars.com 

Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of State under three different administrations Steve R. Pieczenik says he is prepared to tell a federal grand jury the name of a top general who told him directly 9/11 was a false flag attack

Top US government insider Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik, a man who held numerous different influential positions under three different Presidents and still works with the Defense Department, shockingly told The Alex Jones Show yesterday that Osama Bin Laden died in 2001 and that he was prepared to testify in front of a grand jury how a top general told him directly that 9/11 was a false flag inside job.

Pieczenik cannot be dismissed as a “conspiracy theorist”. He served as the Deputy Assistant Secretary of State under three different administrations, Nixon, Ford and Carter, while also working under Reagan and Bush senior, and still works as a consultant for the Department of Defense. A former US Navy Captain, Pieczenik achieved two prestigious Harry C. Solomon Awards at the Harvard Medical School as he simultaneously completed a PhD at MIT.

Recruited by Lawrence Eagleburger as Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Management, Pieczenik went on to develop, “the basic tenets for psychological warfare, counter terrorism, strategy and tactics for transcultural negotiations for the US State Department, military and intelligence communities and other agencies of the US Government,” while also developing foundational strategies for hostage rescue that were later employed around the world.

Pieczenik also served as a senior policy planner under Secretaries Henry Kissinger, Cyrus Vance, George Schultz and James Baker and worked on George W. Bush’s election campaign against Al Gore. His record underscores the fact that he is one of the most deeply connected men in intelligence circles over the past three decades plus.

The character of Jack Ryan, who appears in many Tom Clancy novels and was also played by Harrison Ford in the popular 1992 movie Patriot Games, is also based on Steve Pieczenik.

Back in April 2002, over nine years ago, Pieczenik told the Alex Jones Show that Bin Laden had already been “dead for months,” and that the government was waiting for the most politically expedient time to roll out his corpse. Pieczenik would be in a position to know, having personally met Bin Laden and worked with him during the proxy war against the Soviets in Afghanistan back in the early 80′s.

Pieczenik said that Osama Bin Laden died in 2001, “Not because special forces had killed him, but because as a physician I had known that the CIA physicians had treated him and it was on the intelligence roster that he had marfan syndrome,” adding that the US government knew Bin Laden was dead before they invaded Afghanistan.

Marfan syndrome is a degenerative genetic disease for which there is no permanent cure. The illness severely shortens the life span of the sufferer.

“He died of marfan syndrome, Bush junior knew about it, the intelligence community knew about it,” said Pieczenik, noting how CIA physicians had visited Bin Laden in July 2001 at the American Hospital in Dubai.

“He was already very sick from marfan syndrome and he was already dying, so nobody had to kill him,” added Pieczenik, stating that Bin Laden died shortly after 9/11 in his Tora Bora cave complex.

“Did the intelligence community or the CIA doctor up this situation, the answer is yes, categorically yes,” said Pieczenik, referring to Sunday’s claim that Bin Laden was killed at his compound in Pakistan, adding, “This whole scenario where you see a bunch of people sitting there looking at a screen and they look as if they’re intense, that’s nonsense,” referring to the images released by the White House which claim to show Biden, Obama and Hillary Clinton watching the operation to kill Bin Laden live on a television screen.

“It’s a total make-up, make believe, we’re in an American theater of the absurd….why are we doing this again….nine years ago this man was already dead….why does the government repeatedly have to lie to the American people,” asked Pieczenik.

“Osama Bin Laden was totally dead, so there’s no way they could have attacked or confronted or killed Osama Bin laden,” said Pieczenik, joking that the only way it could have happened was if special forces had attacked a mortuary.

Pieczenik said that the decision to launch the hoax now was made because Obama had reached a low with plummeting approval ratings and the fact that the birther issue was blowing up in his face.

“He had to prove that he was more than American….he had to be aggressive,” said Pieczenik, adding that the farce was also a way of isolating Pakistan as a retaliation for intense opposition to the Predator drone program, which has killed hundreds of Pakistanis.

“This is orchestrated, I mean when you have people sitting around and watching a sitcom, basically the operations center of the White House, and you have a president coming out almost zombie-like telling you they just killed Osama Bin Laden who was already dead nine years ago,” said Pieczenik, calling the episode, “the greatest falsehood I’ve ever heard, I mean it was absurd.”

Dismissing the government’s account of the assassination of Bin Laden as a “sick joke” on the American people, Pieczenik said, “They are so desperate to make Obama viable, to negate the fact that he may not have been born here, any questions about his background, any irregularities about his background, to make him look assertive….to re-elect this president so the American public can be duped once again.”

Pieczenik’s assertion that Bin Laden died almost ten years ago is echoed by numerous intelligence professionals as well as heads of state across the world.

Bin Laden, “Was used in the same way that 9/11 was used to mobilize the emotions and feelings of the American people in order to go to a war that had to be justified through a narrative that Bush junior created and Cheney created about the world of terrorism,” stated Pieczenik.

During his interview with the Alex Jones Show yesterday, Pieczenik also asserted he was directly told by a prominent general that 9/11 was a stand down and a false flag operation, and that he is prepared to go to a grand jury to reveal the general’s name.

“They ran the attacks,” said Pieczenik, naming Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz, Stephen Hadley, Elliott Abrams, and Condoleezza Rice amongst others as having been directly involved.

“It was called a stand down, a false flag operation in order to mobilize the American public under false pretenses….it was told to me even by the general on the staff of Wolfowitz – I will go in front of a federal committee and swear on perjury who the name was of the individual so that we can break it open,” said Pieczenik, adding that he was “furious” and “knew it had happened”.

“I taught stand down and false flag operations at the national war college, I’ve taught it with all my operatives so I knew exactly what was done to the American public,” he added.

Pieczenik re-iterated that he was perfectly willing to reveal the name of the general who told him 9/11 was an inside job in a federal court, “so that we can unravel this thing legally, not with the stupid 9/11 Commission that was absurd.”

Pieczenik explained that he was not a liberal, a conservative or a tea party member, merely an American who is deeply concerned about the direction in which his country is heading.

Watch the full interview with Dr. Pieczenik below.

Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a regular fill-in host for The Alex Jones Show.

Paul Joseph Watson is a frequent contributor to Global Research. 
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #7 on: 2011-05-04 19:45:53 »

[Blunderov] And this too is interesting. Kind of eerily prescient, written as it was in December 2010.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/dec/23/osama-bin-laden-is-dead/

WEINER: Osama bin Laden is dead

Maybe CIA can get confirmation from ‘SNL’

By Robert Weiner and James Lewis

The Washington Times

4:51 p.m., Thursday, December 23, 2010

Last week, al Qaeda issued its annual Christ- mas threat to the United States, promising suicide bombings during the holidays. Here’s a better idea for a Christmas present from al Qaeda: a video showing Osama bin Laden - or his grave.

Is bin Laden dead or alive? Nobody seems to know for sure, or, if anybody does, he isn’t saying. The White House’s Afghanistan-Pakistan review this month didn’t even mention him despite an ongoing, decade-long manhunt.

Here’s what we know. On Oct. 27, after bin Laden supposedly demanded that France withdraw troops from Afghanistan, the French Foreign Ministry said the tape “can be considered established based on initial verification.” U.S. intelligence agencies gave credence to the verification, not only refusing to put out a disclaimer, but letting their staffs back the authenticity of other recent tapes. Upon release of al Qaeda’s Jan. 24 tape early last year, ABC reported that intelligence officials “can’t verify the authenticity of the tape, but they say there has never been a fake and there is no reason to believe this one is not real.” Likewise, CNN’s reporting of a June 2009 tape concluded, “A CNN analysis said the voice does indeed sound like the leader of the terrorist network that attacked the United States on Sept. 11, 2001.”

CIA reports, doctors and biographers have asserted that bin Laden had (has) a range of diseases from typhoid to renal disease, Addison’s disease, secondary osteoporosis and Marfan syndrome. Intelligence agencies think that in 2000, he had kidney-dialysis devices shipped to him in Afghanistan. His 1987 biography states that bin Laden was being treated with insulin for diabetes and suffered serious low blood pressure. Is it likely that the most wanted man in the world has been regularly receiving medical attention without detection for the past 10 years?

In 2008, former CIA case officer Robert Baer asserted, “Of course he’s dead.” In 2002 and 2009, Pakistani Presidents Pervez Musharraf and Asif Ali Zardari separately stated that bin Laden was dead. In 2002, FBI counterterrorism chief Dale Watson stated that bin Laden “probably” was dead.

Since 2004, we have seen no new bin Laden videos; we’ve only heard audios. One video released in 2007 could be a compilation of older videos. So why does the intelligence community continue to support the impression that he’s alive?

Everyone in America knows how spot-on impersonations can be. “Saturday Night Live” (“SNL”) has been doing them for years. Without the glasses, Tina Fey is herself; with them, she is Sarah Palin. Even the cast had difficult telling the difference and mixed them up when Mrs. Palin actually showed up. Amy Poehler’s Hillary Clinton and Darrell Hammond’s Bill Clinton have riveted late-night viewers for decades. Has Tina Fey met her match in al Qaeda?

Al Qaeda wants America and the world to believe bin Laden is still alive. His image is a specter of the horrors of Sept. 11, helping build public support for everything from troop surges a globe away to warrantless wiretaps at home.

But the image of bin Laden is getting moldy, and there’s little reason for his ghost to scare anyone anymore. If al Qaeda wants America to believe bin Laden is alive, it should put up or shut up.

Here’s a challenge to al Qaeda: Send a new video that can be analyzed properly. Otherwise, we’ll take it all as a big scam, al Qaeda’s version of “Saturday Night Live.” Otherwise, you betcha, he’s dead.
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #8 on: 2011-05-05 10:02:09 »

Quote from: Fritz on 2011-05-04 19:09:41   

Now [Blunderov], you are not embracing the ethos of the west in celebrating the demise of an evil villian. The Hollywood script demands you be pleased.

As to Libya; I was hoping your presence on the Continent might offer more then the WTF, I note with the information I get in 'the great white north'. Albeit I was ironically just finished watching "Oil and Blood" (2010) http://www.bloodandoilmovie.com/download/Blood_and_Oil_EPK.pdf and had flipped on the news to get the word of the death. The movie is worth the watch !

Sigh

Fritz

[Blunderov] Lenin's Tomb has, as usual, something sensible to say on the subject.

Imperialism and revolution
‎04 ‎May ‎2011, ‏‎10:22:20 PM | noreply@blogger.com (lenin)

Me on US intervention in the Middle East Revolutions in Socialist Review:

Until this point Washington's model of "liberation" in the Middle East was the mass cemetery and torture chamber that it created in Iraq. The Obama administration is trying to offer a new model amid this revolutionary upsurge. Increasingly, all signs are pointing towards a negotiated settlement which excludes Gaddafi but protects the basic contours of the regime. This is what is signposted by the "pathway to peace" document signed by Obama, Cameron and Sarkozy. It will be, if it happens, a typical imperial carve-up. That would constitute, not a victory for the Libyan revolutionaries, but their confirmed defeat.
Copyleft of Lenin's Tomb

Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #9 on: 2011-05-05 10:57:49 »

[Blunderov] If the Obama administration was intent on generating as many conspiracy theories as possible they could hardly have played it better than by being so apparently incompetent. Cui bono?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=ROB20110504&articleId=24625

[SKEPTICISM: The Agendas Behind the Bin Laden News Event
When the Lie Becomes the Truth...

by Dr. Paul Craig Roberts

Global Research, May 4, 2011

The US government’s bin Laden story was so poorly crafted that it did not last 48 hours before being fundamentally altered. Indeed, the new story put out on Tuesday by White House press secretary Jay Carney bears little resemblance to the original Sunday evening story. The fierce firefight did not occur. Osama bin Laden did not hide behind a woman*. Indeed, bin Laden, Carney said, “was not armed.”

The firefight story was instantly suspicious as not a single SEAL got a scratch, despite being up against al Qaeda, described by former Pentagon chief Donald Rumsfeld as ‘the most dangerous, best-trained, vicious killers on the face of the earth.”
http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=43817 

Every original story detail has been changed. It wasn’t bin Laden’s wife who was murdered by the Navy SEALs , but the wife of an aide. It wasn’t bin Laden’s son, Khalid, who was murdered by the Navy SEALs, but son Hamza.

Carney blamed the changed story on “the fog of war.” But there was no firefight, so where did the “fog of war” come from?

The White House has also had to abandon the story that President Obama and his national security team watched tensely as events unfolded in real time (despite the White House having released photos of the team watching tensely), with the operation conveyed into the White House by cameras on the SEALs helmets. If Obama was watching the event as it happened, he would have noticed, one would hope, that there was no firefight and, thus, would not have told the public that bin Laden was killed in a firefight. Another reason the story had to be abandoned is that if the event was captured on video, every news service in the world would be asking for the video, but if the event was orchestrated theater, there would be no video.

No explanation has been provided for why an unarmed bin Laden, in the absence of a firefight, was murdered by the SEALs with a shot to the head. For those who believe the government’s story that “we got bin Laden,” the operation can only appear as the most botched operation in history. What kind of incompetence does it require to senselessly and needlessly kill the most valuable intelligence asset on the planet?

According to the US government, the terrorist movements of the world operated through bin Laden, “the mastermind.” Thanks to a trigger-happy stupid SEAL, a bullet destroyed the most valuable terrorist information on the planet. Perhaps the SEAL was thinking that he could put a notch on his gun and brag for the rest of his life about being the macho tough guy who killed Osama bin Laden, the most dangerous man on the planet, who outwitted the US and its European and Israeli allies and inflicted humiliation on the “world’s only superpower” on 9/11.

When such a foundational story as the demise of bin Laden cannot last 48 hours without acknowledged “discrepancies” that require fundamental alternations to the story, there are grounds for suspicion in addition to the suspicions arising from the absence of a dead body, from the absence of any evidence that bin Laden was killed in the raid or that a raid even took place. The entire episode could just be another event like the August 4, 1964, Gulf of Tonkin event that never happened but succeeded in launching open warfare against North Vietnam at a huge cost to Americans and Vietnamese and enormous profits to the military/security complex.

There is no doubt that the US is sufficiently incompetent to have needlessly killed bin Laden instead of capturing him. But who can believe that the US would quickly dispose of the evidence that bin Laden had been terminated? The government’s story is not believable that the government dumped the proof of its success into the ocean, but has some photos that might be released, someday.

As one reader put it in an email to me: “What is really alarming is the increasingly arrogant sloppiness of these lies, as though the government has become so profoundly confident of their ability to deceive people that they make virtually no effort to even appear credible.”

Governments have known from the beginning of time that they can always deceive citizens and subjects by playing the patriot card. “Remember the Maine,” the “Gulf of Tonkin,” “weapons of mass destruction,” “the Reichstag fire”--the staged events and bogus evidence are endless. If Americans knew any history, they would not be so gullible.

The real question before us is: What agenda or agendas is the “death of bin Laden” designed to further?

There are many answers to this question. Many have noticed that Obama was facing re-election with poor approval ratings. Is anyone surprised that the New York Times/CBS Poll finds a strong rise in Obama’s poll numbers after the bin Laden raid? As the New York Times reported, “the glow of national pride” rose “above partisan politics, as support for the president rose significantly among both Republicans and independents. In all, 57 percent said they now approved of the president’s job performance, up from 46 percent.”

In Washington-think, a 24% rise in approval rating justifies a staged event.

Another possibility is that Obama realized that the the budget deficit and the dollar’s rescue from collapse require the end of the expensive Afghan war and occupation and spillover war into Pakistan. As the purpose of the war was to get bin Laden, success in this objective allows the US to withdraw without loss of face, thus making it possible to reduce the US budget deficit by several hundred billion dollars annually--an easy way to have a major spending cut.

If this is the agenda, then more power to it. However, if this was Obama’s agenda, the military/security complex has quickly moved against it. CIA director Leon Panetta opened the door to false flag attacks to keep the war going by declaring that al Qaeda would avenge bin Laden’s killing. Secretary of State Clinton declared that success in killing bin Laden justified more war and more success. Homeland Security declared that the killing of bin Laden would motivate “homegrown violent extremists” into making terrorist attacks. “Homegrown violent extremists” is an undefined term, but this newly created bogyman seems to include environmentalists and war protesters. Like “suspect,” the term will include anyone the government wants to pick up.

Various parts of the government quickly seized on the success in killing bin Laden to defend and advance their own agendas, such as torture. Americans were told that bin Laden was found as a result of information gleaned from torturing detainees held in Eastern European CIA secret prisons years ago.

This listing of possible agendas and add-on agendas is far from complete, but for those capable of skepticism and independent thought, it can serve as a starting point. The agendas behind the theater will reveal themselves as time goes on. All you have to do is to pay attention and to realize that most of what you hear from the mainstream media is designed to advance the agendas.

* "Other changes to the story include the “used his wife as a human shield” claim, which was first revised to a claim that he used some other, random woman as a human shield and eventually dropped in favor of the claim that the random, unarmed woman attacked the troops upon entering the room."
Hermit.net

Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #10 on: 2011-05-05 14:53:45 »

[Blunderov] A fitting (and mostly accurate) eulogy and short biography is available for perusal at:

http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/Osama_bin_Laden

<snip>God bless Osama Bin Laden, World Renowned hide and seek player. Undefeated from 2001-2011. Go gently into the night sweet prince...

Shaykh Osama bin Laden was America's sockpuppet and a rich Saudi Arabian expatriate, best known for his involvement in the Jewish Attacks on the World Trade Center 2001. While Israel, the USA, and several other rogue nations push a view of him as the devil incarnate or as a Hitler 2.0, the majority of the world's people regard bin Laden as a just and righteous man that died a hero. It should also be noted that he was the world's reigning hide-and-seek champion.</snip>
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #11 on: 2011-05-09 11:23:41 »

[Blunderov] I had been wondering about the DNA that, it is claimed, identified Obama I mean Osama. Every avid follower of CSI knows that Greg takes a while to get the DNA analysis results. Some of these followers will know that the process is quite truncated for TV purposes and that in reality it takes weeks at best.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/3/New-Bin-Laden-Tapes-Appear-by-Stephen-Lendman-110509-787.html

<snip>
A noted molecular biologist and DNA expert told him the following on condition of anonymity:

He "built a lucrative career in human genetics. (He ran) one of the world's largest and most productive DNA genotyping facilities, (and is now) helping to build the global market for clinical whole human genome sequencing for the world's largest human genome sequencing facility."

He also worked with the best in his and other fields, saying:

"I know DNA. And, one thing I know about DNA is that you cannot, repeat CANNOT: take a tissue sample from a shot-in-the noggin-dead-guy in a north central Pakistan special forces op, extract the DNA, prepare the DNA for assay, test the DNA, curate the raw DNA sequence data, assemble the reads or QC the genotype, compare the tested DNA to a reference, and make a positive identity determination....all in 12 hours - let alone transport the tissue samples all the places they'd need to have gone in order to get this done."

"Any way you slice it, the real work would require days," and no nearby aircraft carrier or other ship is outfitted with a profession lab and experts on board to do it.  </snip>

There are many incongruities in the offical account which stretch creduility even with a fog of war explanantion for them.

Reports I saw claimed that an RPG attack took out one of the American choppers but that was later changed to "mechanical failure".

Three other males were reported killed but no mention is made of them being buried at sea in (imagined) accord with Islamic practices. Where did they go I wonder?

Best of all, a while back Osama, I mean Obama, decided against bombing the compund.

"According to multiple reports, Mr. Obama weighed ordering a bombing of the site in March, but declined because of the potential for collateral damage and the difficulty in obtaining proof bin Laden was killed."

Oh rly? Then he goes and eradicates all possible means of providing independent DNA confirmation of the identity? Gil Grissom would not approve.

Another thing I wonder is who it was that twas actually killed in that compound - if anyone? Where are those other three bodies? Where is bin Laden's daughter? Where is his wife?

Things that make you go hmmm....
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #12 on: 2011-05-10 13:18:45 »

[Blunderov] Apparantly the other bodies and the injured were simply left behind for the Pakistanis to deal with. So that's out of the way. But the DNA is not out of the way. Somebody lied about that.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=RUP20110507&articleId=24674

<snip>Some might try to argue that ruggedized, field ready kits could test a DNA sample- which is true if one is attempting to determine the CLASS of a bacteria. It is not true if one is trying to determine the specific identity of an individual. Any way you slice it, the real work would require days, and I find it unlikely (although not impossible) that an aircraft carrier would have a laboratory outfitted for this kind of work… it is not the Starship Enterprise out there.

So, maybe they did get Osama. But there is no way they had any genetic proof of it by the time they dumped the body over the side. What is it that we are not supposed to see with all this distraction? I think the French call it "leger demain".</snip>

http://robertleather.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/osama-bin-laden-dead-so-just-how-long-does-dna-testing-take/

Osama Bin Laden dead? So just how long does DNA testing take?

So we are all greeted with the news that Osama Bin Laden has been killed during a raid to capture him. But no worries about identification and what to do with his body, because it was DNA tested (against DNA from his dead sister) and then “buried at sea”.

Just a small matter though, something that should be obvious to anybody who knows the reality outside the world of CSI (whatever). DNA testing doesn’t take 30 seconds in a big machine with lasers. That’s a myth.

But I suspect you might think, how would HE know. So here are some sources for you to look at and make your own mind up.

DNA Worldwide – Forensic DNA Tests offer a 10 to 15 day turn around time.

Cell Mark is a company that specialises in DNA testing, in fact it’s apparently the UK’s most recommended. They say it takes 3-5 DAYS.

All Experts goes into some very helpful detail of forensic DNA testing. 5-10 DAYS.

International Biosciences has a “Rush” service. I contacted them by phone and they tell me it’s 3 days.

Genetic Testing Labs – Fast job service – 3 days.

Genetics Home Reference – (a part of the U.S. National Library of Medicine) says weeks to months

Can it be done quicker?

Now the BBC ran a story in August last year (2010) that a scientist had developed a test that can match DNA in just FOUR HOURS. But the process is labour intensive and required laboratory conditions. Just like a ship, yeah? HOWEVER, it’s use has NOT BEEN APPROVED for use and, as the story reads “Neither the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) CoDIS DNA database, nor the UK National DNA database can currently support rapid DNA testing technology.”

Incidentally, a truly RUSH JOB takes 8 hours. “At the UK’s Forensic Science Service (FSS), urgent samples can be prioritised on request and, once delivered to a lab, can be processed in about eight hours.”

From experience I know this basically means that an individual is assigned to “walk” the sample through the processing in order to get the timeline down. But the current DNA process cannot be rushed any further due the nature (pardon the pun) of how it’s carried out.

UPDATE – Those timings in detail.

The following times are source from the BBC report and AP.

The attack ended at 18.15pm GMT, 23:15 Islamabad, 14:15 Washington time.

The US first news announcement was 02:15 GMT (2nd May) which was 22:15 Washington time (1st May).

That’s 8 hours (not 30 hours, dasdas). Out of which you have to take the time to transport the remains from Islamabad to Afghanistan by helicopter. That would take approximately 2 hours (230 miles at 115 mph… which is PUSHING IT).

Then what? Do the DNA work in Afghanistan in less than 6 hours. Of course, you’ve got to manage the speech, sort the media out. So let’s take another hour. At which point we have 5 hours TOPS to carry out the DNA test. Assuming that they can separate the sequence from the initial samples and you don’t have issues.

That’s not including the time getting the “sample” to the necessary lab

Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #13 on: 2011-05-12 10:11:19 »

Seems the reality of his death is less important then how the ideologies are going to play out.
Yet I am still intrigued how the DNA testing timing question is going to be addressed.

Cheers

Fritz

Now, kill his dream

Source: The Economist
Author: print edition
Date: 2011.05.05

Osama bin Laden’s brand of brutal jihad is losing its appeal in the Arab world

A FEW bullets were enough. But the shots that killed Osama bin Laden in the dead of night on May 2nd in a fortified compound not far from Islamabad came after 15 years of dogged pursuit, two long wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, well over $1 trillion of spending and around 150,000 deaths. It is a heavy reckoning for one man’s life.

Barack Obama, America’s president, will justifiably savour a moment so dearly bought. A reluctant warrior in other ways, he has not wavered in hunting down the foot soldiers and commanders of al-Qaeda as well as its elusive leader. The president chose a manned assault directly on Mr bin Laden rather than an air strike on his compound, as some of his advisers wished, and it paid off. Mr Obama was lucky, but he made his luck—and he deserves the credit that will now come his way (see Lexington).

Mr Obama has been careful to warn that violent Islamism is still a dangerous force. Al-Qaeda is active, even without Mr bin Laden (see article). The alarming problems of Pakistan, Yemen and so many other places threaten to feed more violence. And yet the death of the world’s most wanted man comes just when radical Islam looks vulnerable to the changes sweeping across the Middle East and north Africa. The task now facing all those who yearn for a safer world is to isolate Mr bin Laden’s savage jihad just as surely as its creator was isolated behind his compound walls.

The man who warped a faith

Mr bin Laden matters because he swept up a ragbag of local grievances into a brand of intoxicating and violent jihad with worldwide pretensions. His vision, however impractical, of purging Islam and establishing a single Islamic caliphate appealed to Muslims disgusted by the venality of their own elites. His means of bringing it about embraced an orgy of murder and martyrdom partly directed against the “Crusader” West, particularly America. Sad to say, that also appealed to many Muslims for a while. And the whole package was decked with the riches-to-rags story of Mr bin Laden himself—a man who had given up power and wealth in Saudi Arabia, lived simply and seemed almost charmed in his capacity to defy the mightiest army in history (see Obituary).

Terrorists dream of setting the agenda, and in two ways Mr bin Laden succeeded beyond imagination. For many people, especially non-Muslims, the central place he reserved for violence tainted the whole of Islam. Even as Westerners came to fear bloodthirsty and barbaric Muslims, Muslims deplored degenerate and imperialist Christians. Mr bin Laden’s brand of hatred thrived on both those grotesque stereotypes.

And by framing the fight as a clash of civilisations, he could draw the West into a global war on terror. The attacks of September 11th 2001 tipped America and the West into a fight that exacted a terrible price in blood and treasure. At home, America has diverted vast resources into a security bureaucracy. Abroad, it has been distracted from the historic challenge that American power faces in Asia.

Along the way, America has compromised the values that are its greatest strength. This was partly by accident, because war is always cruel and messy, but also by design, through the torture of jihadist detainees and the oblivion of Guantánamo. It is not yet clear whether finding Mr bin Laden depended on torture (it probably never will be clear, given that the interrogator’s lead identifying Mr bin Laden’s courier took years to bear fruit). What is certain is that his message prospered because he could dismiss America’s commitment to freedom and human rights and claim that the country abused Muslims.

That message is potent enough to survive Mr bin Laden’s death. Stuck in his compound, without a telephone or the internet, he had anyway become a remote figure. The al-Qaeda franchise, spread across the Sahel, in the Arabian peninsula and in cells around the world, will surely now seek to prove its potency. The hope is that the computers, discs and drives American special forces seized during their raid will wreck such plans. Terrorism being what it is, though, an attack sooner or later has every chance of succeeding.

Strategic failure

Even if it does, that should not obscure the fact that Mr bin Laden’s infamy in the West is losing its power to inspire his own people. This partly reflects the failure of violence to accomplish the goals he set himself in the Muslim world. Despite years of bloody strife, the Western way of life has continued to encroach on Muslims. Jihad has failed to banish non-Muslim troops from Islamic countries. Western forces remain in Iraq and Afghanistan. Kashmir is home to the Indian army, and Chechnya to the Russians. Israel still flourishes. Not one treacherous Arab government has yielded to the caliphate.

More than that, Mr bin Laden’s desire to murder his way to salvation has at last aroused widespread disgust among Muslims. After al-Qaeda slaughtered Shia and Sunni Muslims in their thousands in Iraq, even fellow jihadis began to condemn his doctrine of takfir, under which radicals took it upon themselves to declare other Muslim apostates and kill them. According to a poll by the Pew Research Centre, confidence in Mr bin Laden in the Palestinian territories has fallen from 72% in 2003 to 34% now. In Jordan it is down from 56% to 13%.

That still leaves a huge reservoir for recruits, but they have been hard to spot in the uprisings sweeping the Arab world. So far the Arab spring has cast violent jihad to the margins. When young Egyptians crowded into Cairo’s Tahrir Square, they wanted rights, not a caliph. Even the Muslim Brothers look as if they will opt for civil society rather than theocracy.

Political change in the Arab world will be neither smooth nor immediate. In some places it is sure to go wrong; in others it may yield to hardline Islam. And yet, thanks to the Arab spring, Islam stands its best chance in generations of re-engaging with politics to found institutions in which religious and civil life can coexist. That would be a devastating refutation of Mr bin Laden’s ideology of universal Muslim struggle.

How to encourage it? First, don’t relent on counter-terrorism. Al-Qaeda will need stopping for years to come. Second, recognise that jihadists will be defeated mainly by Muslims themselves. That means stabilising the crescent of Muslim countries, mostly outside the Arab world, where broken government has allowed terrorism to gain a hold. All are hard cases. Some, like Somalia and Mali, are only susceptible to containment at best. Afghanistan is close enough to the drawdown of NATO troops in 2014 not to pull out in haste. Most worrying of all is Pakistan (see Banyan). In spite of what looks like duplicity over Mr bin Laden’s hiding place, the nuclear power is too dangerous to abandon. Better for America to hold Pakistan close than cut it loose.

And last there are the Arab countries. Peace between Israel and the Palestinians would help (see article); but more vital is Western support for the aspirations of the Arab spring. When Mr bin Laden struck on 9/11 the West had few means of defending itself but by attacking him directly and by striking a Faustian bargain with the Arab world’s oppressive rulers. His death comes when Arab opinion is at last flowing in a new direction. It is too good a chance to waste.

Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #14 on: 2011-05-13 22:48:11 »

This ones for you Blunderov

Cheers

Fritz

Porn found in Osama bin Laden compound

Source: The Register
Author: Dan Goodin
Date: 2011.05.13

Huge smut cache stashed in bedroom

Osama bin Laden's compound may not have had phone or internet service, but it did have porn. Lots of it.

According to Reuters and ABC News, the massive smut stash was seized by the US commandos who stormed his Abbottabad, Pakistan, hideout and shot him in the face almost two weeks ago. It was found in a wooden box in bin Laden's bedroom and was referred to as “huge” and “extensive” by officials.

There's no direct evidence that the electronically recorded videos were viewed by the al Qaeda chief, but that's certainly not out of the realm of possibility. Other video recovered by Navy Seals showed bin Laden sitting on a floor watching himself on TV, so there's reason to believe he had the ability to view video.

The porn is part of what officials said is a trove of information taken during the 38-minute siege two weekends ago. Electronic and handwritten materials detailed al Qaeda terrorist plots, which are said to have included the assassination of US President Obama and strikes on water utilities and railroads. Intelligence officials have learned more about the radical Islamist group in the past 10 days than in the previous 10 years combined, ABC News said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43024125/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43024125/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/

Pages: [1] 2 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: