logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-24 13:28:07 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Open for business: The CoV Store!

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Science & Technology

Orange object in night sky ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Orange object in night sky ?  (Read 2048 times)
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Orange object in night sky ?
« on: 2011-05-22 23:45:24 »

Had my first UFO sighting on Saturday May 21st at 11:55pm.

It was clear windless night. Lots of stars and friends and I were enjoying refreshments outside relaxing when a bright orange object appeared in the southern sky. It was at least 20 times larger and brighter then anything in the sky and tracked north to the other horizon taken a little over a minute to without sound move smoothly across the sky. We all watched in amazement, but where unable to identify what it was. It had no tail like a meteorite rather its orange glow was darkest at the bottom and a light orange at the top, almost yellow. We all agreed it was elongated bottom to top along this color gradient. It moved along a trajectory a passing aircraft might but no sound what so ever. We were unable to see any of the usually running lights you'd expect with an aircraft. I checked the NASA satellite tracking and nothing matched, plus it's visual size seemed to preclude it was one. But with no frame of reference we couldn't really judge if it was inside or outside the atmosphere. I found one other reported sighting with a similar description and timing about 200 kilometers south of us; plus a youtube phonecam video that had the same orange glow from the US on the same evening. As it headed north the Orange color diminished and was almost blue from behind, the orange color was most intense when it was coming toward us.

It tracked south to north about 80 degrees above the eastern horizon, much larger then anything else in the sky, intense orange on approach and blue as it receded. Elongated bottom to top.

Anyway just thought I'd through this out there since we were unable to come up with an explanation of what it was.

Given all the Anonymous reports of faking UFO reports for the weekend and the May 21, 2011 doomsday crap, I assumed I wouldn't be taken seriously.

If anyone has some ideas on what we saw, please share.

Cheers

Fritz

« Last Edit: 2011-05-22 23:50:18 by Fritz » Report to moderator   Logged

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:Orange object in night sky ?
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-23 06:32:32 »

[Blunderov] My guess is meteorite burning up in the upper atmosphere. Single trajectory, colour phase transition, Occam's Razor. No?
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: