logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-26 13:01:29 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Donations now taken through PayPal

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Science & Technology

What is beyond a blackhole?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: What is beyond a blackhole?  (Read 1022 times)
Bass
Magister

Rate Bass

I'm a llama!

View Profile
What is beyond a blackhole?
« on: 2006-10-02 22:18:44 »

Okay, I just found something on this a few minutes ago and was rather confused about it.
Ever wondered about this ?
As the title said, what really does lie beyond a black hole. Is it really an eternal oblivion ?

The existence of a black hole was proven by science.But what I found was nothing that says something about what's behind a blackhole.

I always thought dat black hole is a way dat will lead to another galaxy dat should not be known by anybody and I think dat the galaxy there is something almost similar to ours which means that there is another planet Earth .. but then instead of using technolgy like wat we use now.

I asked myself and my family about this and they answered that noone has proven that there isn't anything beyond the black hole.So far I've read about blackholes and nothing said there would be something beyond it.But I believe there isn't anything behind the black hole but only oblivion.

Is there actually something behind it ? What is your oppinion on this?

Cheers.
Report to moderator   Logged
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
Re:What is beyond a blackhole?
« Reply #1 on: 2006-10-03 02:14:58 »

In one sense, "what is inside a black hole" is easy to answer. Compressed matter. What is on the edge of a black hole is trickier to answer. Whether or not there is anything "beyond" a black hole appears at this time unknowable. Even if it turns out that Hawking Radiation is "real" (and thus that "black holes have hair"), we still won't be able to get any information back from a black hole.

This is because a black hole is a singularity. Within a singularity anything at all is possible. Anything, no matter how unlikely, is equally probable (or if you prefer, equally improbable). Nothing about such an equipotent environment is any more predictable than the singularity which instantiated our Universe. Thus, in classical cosmology, physicists carefully wrap black holes with information barriers, sometimes referred to as event-horizons, positioned precisely at the schwarzschild radius, preventing the chaos inside them from affecting our Universe by forbidding the transmission of information from inside the Schwarzschild radius surrounding the black hole, to the outside, which would have the potential to contaminate the Universe outside the black hole with chaos.

Caution. If Hawking Radiation exists, black holes may leak. At which point lots of bizarre possibilities exist, including one way information access (exit from here to elsewhere) to alternative Universii to excite smart science fiction writers along with the sudden appearance of baryonic objects which would not necessarily obey the laws of this Universe. Fortunately after reexamining the arithmetic surrounding general relativity, the Heisenberg uncertainty principle of quantum mechanics, quantum gravity and quantum entanglement, we think there is probably less reason to worry about this than seemed initially to be the case, as Hawking based some of his approximations on sub-Planck time scales and we are not sure that this is valid, as we think that time itself has an horizon at the Planck scale; certainly this is true for conventional physics. As such, Hawking himself has become skeptical about Hawking radiation. Meaning that there probably isn't even enough scientific support left here to establish a good basis for a novel.

Regards

Hermit

PS Don't forget, wikipedia is your friend. Explore black-holes and other terms there. Ask for help here if you get stuck.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #2 on: 2006-10-03 03:04:03 »

[Blunderov] Hello Bass. Is this the same Bass as before? Your style and spelling seem different. But no matter

The Hermit has pretty much covered what is known about black holes. It is difficult to know much about them at all because black holes do not emit light and cannot be observed directly.

The only way we have of observing black holes is by using mathematics but the physics of black holes is so extreme that it is entirely possible that matter behaves according to different rules in these circumstances.

Maybe eventually a species will arise somewhere in the universe which is intelligent enough not to extinguish itself over squabbles about imaginary friends. This species might eventually be able to exploit black holes in such a way as to manipulate space-time in convenient ways. To facilitate interstellar travel perhaps. Or, though I do not weyken it possible, even time travel.

Some speculate that our universe is itself a black-hole. I'm quite attracted to this theory because it seems to offer a plausible explanation of gravity as a resultant of forces rather than a force in its own right. This might explain why gravity is such a weak force compared to the other fundamental forces.

Bass
Magister

Rate Bass

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-10-06 06:39:28 »

wow thanks guys, great replies!

I got a little confused on the subject when I started doing a bit of reading about it. Anyways Cheers for that it helps.

Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 2006-10-06 08:19:59 »

Quote from: Bass on 2006-10-06 06:39:28   
I got a little confused on the subject when I started doing a bit of reading about it.

[Blunderov] I think this happens to pretty much everyone.
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: