logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-05-04 01:44:22 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Do you want to know where you stand?

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Science & Technology

Computer sees the future
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Computer sees the future  (Read 450 times)
Cydonia
Acolyte

Rate Cydonia

-_-
Cydonia000
View Profile
Computer sees the future
« on: 2005-02-13 20:36:44 »

Some of you have probably heard of the global conciousness project. This article goes into some more depth on the issue and says a little about the recent tsunami. I came across this at www.slashdot.org

DEEP in the basement of a dusty university library in Edinburgh lies a small black box, roughly the size of two cigarette packets side by side, that churns out random numbers in an endless stream.

At first glance it is an unremarkable piece of equipment. Encased in metal, it contains at its heart a microchip no more complex than the ones found in modern pocket calculators.

But, according to a growing band of top scientists, this box has quite extraordinary powers. It is, they claim, the 'eye' of a machine that appears capable of peering into the future and predicting major world events....

Full article:
http://www.rednova.com/news/display/?id=126649#121
Report to moderator   Logged

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or instant message. YaBBC code may be be used in your signature.
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:Computer sees the future
« Reply #1 on: 2005-02-25 10:28:06 »

The skeptic in me wants to see the GCP predict a major world event *before* it happens. I see on their site they have lots of realtime monitors. It would be nice to get an automatic notification via IM or text msg that something big is about to happen even if it can't be specific. Imagine: "high priority msg from the GCP... assume crash position!"
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: