logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-03-28 13:43:48 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Read the first edition of the Ideohazard

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Virian Book Club

The Book: The Atheists Way
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: The Book: The Atheists Way  (Read 1884 times)
Tas6
Adept

Rate Tas6

Virian Alchemist

View Profile E-Mail
The Book: The Atheists Way
« on: 2009-06-27 22:58:01 »

I made the mistake of buying and reading the pile of crap of a book called "the Atheist's Way." This book has the feel of a New Age book without a god, it evens totes this fact. But when it all comes down to it it reads the same a a Shatki Gwain book, but less useful and is a thinly disguised slamfest on other religious points of views. Personally I feel I will never get back my 14$ and the couple of hours spent reading this garbage, my only redemption is that at least maybe I removed this copy from circulation. The main focus was on "meaning making," something that every intelligent person, whether atheist or theist, had to do in order to arrive at any sort of personal understanding of their feelings in the first place. The little testimonials given by "others" reminds me of the pamphlets the Christians(kristjans Old Norse spelling) used to give out for conversionary reasons. As an Atheist (though a highly unorthodox one), I am flabergasted and wish that no one reads this book as a part of their initiation into atheistic thought.     

Tas6
Report to moderator   Logged

"Funny goggles and Frankenstein, what real science should be!"
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: