logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-25 23:51:47 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the IRC chat feature.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Church Doctrine

The purpose of CoV
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: The purpose of CoV  (Read 3732 times)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Re:The purpose of CoV
« Reply #15 on: 2005-11-02 05:54:46 »

"I like the idea of CoV and the people here which is why I have hung around some, but I think that if CoV is failing to kick butt it's because, while CoV is about memetics, it doesn't really exploit memetics the way the more ruthless memetic structures do.  At a certain level CoV is too busy being truthful to recruit aggressively."-localroger

I take this as a compliment for myself and CoV.  We are still fundamentally grokking and working toward some message.  Of course CoV has not turned into that dynamo of power and revolution which some had hoped for, but yet we seem to persist at an honest pace.  The message still grows.  The newbies continue to come in the door, oldies depart over time.  Some come back after long hiatus and marvel that the thing kept on going in their absence.  Many people have met and continue to meet each other in person around the world in the name of the CoV.  New features have been added such as Meridion, and are getting more use over time.  Though we have had more active times in the past, we seem to have a slowly growing core of committed virians.  Political events issues have sparked some disruptive and counterproductive hijackings, particularly among participants residing in the US, but with the addition of the Meridion system some sense of order has returned.  Much thanks to Lucifermedia and those Virians who participated in its evolution.
Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Re:The purpose of CoV
« Reply #16 on: 2005-11-02 06:21:15 »

Quote from: localroger on 2005-11-01 20:27:03   

Anyway, FYI I have popped into IRC a few times but nobody much has been there since that bitch Katrina wrecked my plans to see moose, bears, and a certain modern religious leader.  I'm OK and my house is OK and my job and company are OK but my hometown is a fucking mess and the future is a lot less clear for me than it was two months ago.  It is really hard to get into the mindset of godlike machines when something as prosaic as the weather has caused you so much grief.

When I was hit by the tornado in 2000, it really did take on some almost mythical proportions as it coincided with several other major life tragedies.  I for one kept a close eye on the CoV chat logs when Katrina hit, awaiting your logon.  I wasn't there when you logged on, but I was and I saw you and I was relieved.  Indeed several others later in the logs mention it as well, . . . it was a collective sigh.  in #virus the line is never dead as long as loglady is active in the channel, and she almost always is.  We were all glad you came through that more or less intact.  And I suppose that is part of the purpose of a church.  I've heard that New Orleans has been downsized to something like half its population   That sucks.  I'm sorry I didn't get to visit you before that happened.  Well, hang in there and keep us updated.  I really enjoyed our MOPI book club chat!  I'd love to play like that again, someday.
Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: