logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-26 23:21:01 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Read the first edition of the Ideohazard

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Evolution and Memetics

Stff
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Stff  (Read 1283 times)
uuuuuuu
Neophyte

View Profile E-Mail
Stff
« on: 2004-06-21 21:51:54 »

[[ author reputation (0.00) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

logo.GIF
« Last Edit: 2016-12-06 08:40:31 by merrymilkguy »
Report to moderator   Logged
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:The Project an ongoing experiment
« Reply #1 on: 2004-06-23 14:38:34 »

I like the graphic design -- looks very professional. The first page is too wordy imho. Can you get your point across more concisely and link some words to the longer explanation?
uuuuuuu
Neophyte

View Profile E-Mail
stt
« Reply #2 on: 2004-06-23 21:50:49 »

goodnature.jpg
« Last Edit: 2016-12-06 08:41:33 by merrymilkguy »
uuuuuuu
Neophyte

View Profile E-Mail
uuuuuuu
« Reply #3 on: 2004-06-24 23:33:05 »

speech.jpg
« Last Edit: 2016-12-06 08:41:59 by merrymilkguy »
Atheist Crusader
Magister

Rate Atheist Crusader

You can't catch what you can't see
snakehead9
View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 2004-06-26 20:26:49 »

What is your target conversion audience? Are you just an augmentation to atheism or do you actively go out trying to convert other religions?

I believe I can answer this question:  Our target audience (as Virus) is atheists who may or may not already hold beliefs similar to ours, and to either gather them under one banner (if they do) or to persuade them to think as we do (if they don’t already).

I have a more personal answer to the question, which is that yes, I do go out and actively try to recruit/convert people from other religions.  It’s a much slower process, but people who are religious (at least around here anyway) seem to have more drive to do things, so the benefits will be greater once they realize the obviousness of the truth.  Also, converting people from other religions is much more of a challenge than people who are already atheists, and I enjoy that challenge.  The process builds on itself, and will get easier every time I do it.  I’d very much like it if you would be willing to help me in this endeavor.

Has your organization ever made an attempt at a large scale infection on a population of the irrational?

No, this organization has never made an attempt at a large scale infection of “a population of the irrational,” as our methods are not quite up to this level of sophistication.  I personally am going to destroy a couple of Mormon missionaries, but they most likely won’t convert any time soon.  People do not understand how ignorant they are, and this is the main problem with enlightening large groups (plus the whole group mentality thing).

Has you’re organization ever engineered any religious memes out side of its self?

No, it hasn’t done that either.  Other people have brought their own mini-religions into it, and there are several links to similar things, but it is the only “religion” that it has created.  There are no other “religions”, as they would just be incorporated into the Virus itself as another step along the evolutionary pathway.

I hope I have satisfactorily answered these questions, as I have only been here a short while.  If any of this is wrong, I apologize and await correction.  We need to start revising our memes, because they are ineffective and outdated.  They work too slowly, and the stagnation is hurting the goal of Virus.  Alright, that’s it for now; I hope I have given someone some information.

-Atheist Crusader
uuuuuuu
Neophyte

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #5 on: 2004-06-26 21:54:57 »

addict.jpg
« Last Edit: 2016-12-06 08:40:59 by merrymilkguy »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print