logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-26 01:49:04 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Do you want to know where you stand?

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Humor & Satire

US warns China over weapon links in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: US warns China over weapon links in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan  (Read 876 times)
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« on: 2008-05-17 08:25:46 »

[Blunderov] Let the ribaldry be uncontained. How will the USA retaliate? By refusing to borrow any more money from China?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080516/wl_afp/usiranchinanuclearpolitics

by P. Parameswaran
Thu May 15, 10:01 PM ET

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The United States has warned Beijing over reported use of Chinese weapons by insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as the Asian giant's continued sale of arms to Iran, Deputy Secretary of State John Negroponte said.

He said he conveyed the concerns personally to Chinese officials during his visit to Beijing this week.

"Just the other day, Monday, when I was in Beijing, this was one of the issues I raised -- concern about Chinese weapons or Chinese-designed weapons showing up in some of these battle areas, be it Iraq or Afghanistan," he told a congressional hearing on US-China ties.
</snip>
<snip>
Beijing also understood that the US government "reserves the right to apply all multilateral, bilateral and unilateral measures at our disposal to ensure that our concerns are addressed."

"We reinforce this message at every opportunity," he said.

Negroponte also slammed China for expanding trade and investment links with Iran, particularly in its oil and gas sector.

"We believe this expansion undermines international efforts to pressure Iran, and sends the wrong signal to the Iranian regime, especially at a time when other oil companies are heeding their governments' wishes to forgo new investments in Iran," he said.</snip>

[Blunderov] So, having failed to persuade the uncooperative Iraqis to sign over their oil resources to American companies, Washington now casts envious eyes on the more sensible and effective energy policies of it's rival. News flash. While the USA was out to lunch China just bought up all the coal in Zimbabwe and probably the rest of Africa too.

Speaking of empty threats, James Clarke who writes the column "Stoep Talk" for The Star newspaper, reports on a local effort to lower the bar in this genre.

Koos versus Bush.

"Howzit George? This is Koos from the Doringboom Bar by Welkom, South Africa. We are officially declaring war on you boet!"

Bush: Well Koos, how big is your army?

Koos: (after a moments calculation) There is myself, my cousin Jan, my neighbour Lang Hannes, the entire darts team...

Bush: Koos, I have a million men under arms.

Koos: I'll have to ring you back. (A day later) George my china, the war is still on! We have managed to acquire some equipment!

Bush: Like what, Koos?

Koos: Well, we have four Hi-Lux double cabs, two kombis, a bulldozer and a John Deere tractor.

Bush: Koos I have 160,000 tanks and 140,000 armoured personnel carriers and I've increased my army to 1,5 million.

Koos: Liewe hell! I'll get back to you. (Next day) George ou swaer, the war is still on! We have got ourselves airborne! We have modified Doepie's  ultra-light with a couple of shotguns and the Virginia hengleklub has joined us.

Bush: Koos I must tell you, I have 10,000 bombers and 20,000 fighters and laser guided surface to air missiles. And my army is now two million.

Koos: Goeie vrek! I'll have to ring you back. (Next day) Jis, jis, jis, George! I am sorry to tell you that we've called off the war.

Bush: Why the sudden change?

Koos: Well, we've all had a long chat over it and decided that there's no way that we can feed 2 million prisoners of war.

e-mail: jcl@onwe.co.za
http://stoeptalk.wordpress.com

Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: