logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-05-03 02:39:58 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the IRC chat feature.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Humor & Satire

Fun Facts About Invertebrates: The Democrat Squid.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Fun Facts About Invertebrates: The Democrat Squid.  (Read 842 times)
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Fun Facts About Invertebrates: The Democrat Squid.
« on: 2007-09-24 12:16:39 »

[Blunderov]No, not purple, but a newly discovered squid: The Blue State Invertebrate.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_mark_w___070924_fun_facts_about_inve.htm

Fun Facts About Invertebrates

by mark w. bradley    Page 1 of 1 page(s)

http://www.opednews.com

My ten-year-old granddaughter looked up from her science homework the other day and posed me a question she thought would be a real stumper.

"Grampa, what's the world's largest invertebrate life form?"

"That would be the Democratic Party," I replied. "Why do you ask?"

"Because my science book says it's the ‘giant squid.’ They can weigh up to 600 pounds."

Upon hearing this stupefying factoid, I was forced to concede.

"Then I guess your science book is probably correct, sweetheart. Even loaded down with frozen blocks of corporate campaign cash, most Democrats don't weigh that much!"

"I'll bet the Democratic Party is smarter than a giant squid, though," she offered, graciously allowing me to salvage some semblance of academic face.

"I suppose it would depend on the squid," I posited. “That, and the number of Democrats present at the time of the comparison.”

“Well, Grampa, what if there were a lot of Democrats, and they were all meeting in Congress, making a really good plan to get us out of Iraq? Who would be smarter then?”

“Definitely the giant squid,” I quipped with confidence. “You see, honey, believe it or not, the more Democratic Congressmen there are in a room, the greater the likelihood the entire quorum will be outwitted by a single marine mollusk, not to mention a reasonably alert jellyfish. Take the Senate Majority for instance...”
But before I could get into my stride, my granddaughter again shifted gears.

“But Grampa, at least Democrats are brave, right? I mean, they have more guts than a squid, don't they?”

“Well technically, sweetheart, we know a squid has guts, because we can see inside it. Squid are transparent, you see, and that’s one thing you could never say about Congressional Democrats. Oh sure, they all claim to have “intestinal” fortitude and the “stomach” for a fight when they’re on the campaign trail, but once they get voted into office they line up to be gutted like nihilistic sardines fighting to get into the can. And once Democratic politicians are eviscerated, they leave behind whatever vestige of moral courage they once possessed as thoughtlessly as a lobster sheds his carapace. They quake in terror at the mere mention of imaginary sea monsters lurking in the Strait of Hormuz, and spend most of their time groveling on bended-fin before a barnacle encrusted, not-very-lifelike cement statue of “King Neptune the Invincible”, something 71% of the other fish find laughable, if not utterly baffling. It’s the damndest thing...”

Still my intrepid granddaughter was undeterred in her valiant attempt to find a place for Congressional Democrats at the apex of the invertebrate food chain.

“There’s just one thing I don’t understand, Grampa. If big old slimy bottom-feeding squid monsters are so much braver, smarter and more powerful than Democrats, then how come one of them doesn’t run for the Senate?”

“One already has, sweetheart,” I replied. “Isn’t there a picture of Joe Liebermann in your science book?”

Mark W. Bradley is a U.S. History Teacher and political satirist who lives in Sacramento, CA. He has published numerous articles in Democratic Underground, Buzzflash, Smirking Chimp, Dissident Voice, Scoop (New Zealand), Online Journal, The Atlantic Free Press (Netherlands), and Axis of Logic. He is proud to be the father of Seattle's notorious blogger, Liberalgirlnextdoor.
Report to moderator   Logged
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:Fun Facts About Invertebrates: The Democrat Squid.
« Reply #1 on: 2007-12-03 01:39:50 »

[Blunderov] Ah, the ethereal beauty of marine invertebrates!

(To be fair, there have been signs of spines in the Dems lately. I believe some of them gave up their holidays to prevent the traditional holiday flood of "recess appointments" and they have finally embarked on an at least temporary defunding of the war, something which should have been relentlessly applied from the very beginning of their tenure. But I feel reasonably confident that War Hag Pelosi and her Quislings will not allow more than a brief public relations posturing before bringing the party to heel and demonstrating their solidarity with the Boy General yet again.)

Source: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ScienceblogsCombinedFeed

http://theradula.blogspot.com/2007/11/squidmas-q-and.html

[Bl.] Perfect timing for Squidmas. In a truly just universe these calendars would
be prominently displayed on the desks of many Democratic Party representatives
come News Years Day.

« Last Edit: 2007-12-03 01:46:41 by Blunderov » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: