logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-05-07 03:02:17 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Do you want to know where you stand?

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Humor & Satire

Injured Troops Request Extended Tours To Avoid Being Sent To Walter Reed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Injured Troops Request Extended Tours To Avoid Being Sent To Walter Reed  (Read 586 times)
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« on: 2007-03-26 04:43:31 »

[Blunderov] All the unctious political pronouncements about "supporting the troops" and the reality of Walter Reed (in particular) and the shortchangeing of the injured (in general) is beyond disgraceful. Not nearly enough heads have rolled yet. The Onion applies a righteous welly.

The Onion link
March 26, 2007 | Issue 43•13

BAGHDAD—Many injured U.S. troops are actively lobbying for an additional six months of combat duty in Iraq to avoid returning to the United States to be treated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington.

"I've heard too many horror stories to go back to that hellhole" said Marine Pfc. Jon Hillman, 22, who suffered severe injuries in a roadside bombing last week. "I'm perfectly happy in Iraq, where at least I know that the people wearing the same uniforms as me aren't going to put my life at risk for no reason. Who knows what kind of inhumane acts I'd see there, halfway around the word."

Hillman added that he was hoping to be sent back out to patrol Iraq's streets soon, as he did not know how much longer he could fool the medical officers at the Green Zone hospital into believing he still had both of his legs.

Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: