logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-20 05:08:46 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the IRC chat feature.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Philosophy & Religion

Catholics slam PETA nude adopt-a-mutt poster
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Catholics slam PETA nude adopt-a-mutt poster  (Read 4229 times)
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Catholics slam PETA nude adopt-a-mutt poster
« on: 2009-12-03 17:04:58 »

EH ! look we have stuff to be THANKFUL for   !!!!!!!!!! FRITZ !!!!!

Unimpressed by angelic model's 'carefully-placed crucifix'

Source: The Register
Author: Lester Haines 
Date: 3rd December 2009 13:04 GMT

The Catholic League has fired a broadside against animal rights outfit PETA after the campaigning organisation decided to ask Playboy model and Dancing With The Stars contestant Joanna Krupa to whip off her kit in defence of homeless mutts:

The image - which clearly demonstrates Krupa sports no fur whatsoever - is a follow-up to a Thanksgiving Be an Angel for Animals poster which featured the model "naked from the waist up holding a dog and a rosary".

Catholic League prez Bill Donohue let rip in a statement on Tuesday in which he accused PETA of "cheap irreligious scams". He claimed that PETA actully kills "95 per cent of the adoptable pets in its care" and that cats and dogs are "a lot safer in pet stores than they are in the hands of PETA employees".

He concluded: "PETA is a fraud. It also has a long and disgraceful record of exploiting Christian and Jewish themes to hawk its ugly services. Those who support this organization sorely need a reality check. They also need a course in Ethics 101."

Ms Krupa wasn't going to take this lying down, and retaliated: "As a practicing Catholic, I am shocked that the Catholic League is speaking out against my PETA ads, which I am very proud of. I'm doing what the Catholic Church should be doing, working to stop senseless suffering of animals, the most defenseless of God's creations." ®

Report to moderator   Logged

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
Re:Catholics slam PETA nude adopt-a-mutt poster
« Reply #1 on: 2009-12-03 20:43:42 »

Seriously, who gives a flying fuck if it is sacrilegious? Everyone is suffering from an overdose of religion and a hefty dose of sacrilege will do most people a power of good. As far as the Catholics go, I am still partlial to the old "Louise CK learns about the Catholic Church"

PS would one of you lucky people not living in the USA please download the Peta ad related video from youtube and post it to rapidshare or whereever for the rest of us to see?
« Last Edit: 2009-12-03 20:50:40 by Hermit » Report to moderator   Logged

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
teh
Adept

Rate teh

I'm still still learning

View Profile E-Mail
Re:Catholics slam PETA nude adopt-a-mutt poster
« Reply #2 on: 2009-12-04 13:45:29 »

Ok,

Living in the UK, I've been subconsciously registering the PETA nude campaign.
I am not a fan of PETA and no comment is required concerning the catholic church, my only comment is a somewhat puerile one, "WoW".

I wouldn't mind having that picture as a poster if it wasn't for the PETA message. (and possibly the missus having a word or two about an unrealistic female body image.)
err... I'll just leave it at that...
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: