logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-20 11:52:08 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the IRC chat feature.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Philosophy & Religion

Memetic Alchemy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Memetic Alchemy?  (Read 1080 times)
Tas6
Adept

Rate Tas6

Virian Alchemist

View Profile E-Mail
Memetic Alchemy?
« on: 2009-03-25 13:13:35 »

I will start by saying that I am not a scientist but a Atheist-mystic or if you will a Cybergnostic. This will probabily be cut up and discected and maybe ridiculed even.

All mysticism is founded by a three-fold interlocking praxis that varies according to tradition:

1)Orison/ Prayer (defined by many as an actively intentive penetrative interior state)

2) Recollection (defined as a subtle receptive state of interority opposite of the prayer state)

3) Study ( defined as the systematic research and possible memorization of text, myths anf ideas for review durring Orison and Recollection)

Are these ideas contrary to what I have read of Virian views? In my opinion no.

Here is a brief discription of a daily praxis I use:

1) Banishing Orison: Inhale and say the word internally- Dogmatism , then exhale through your nostrals one at a time (Left then right or r/l) repeat for Apathy and Hypocrisy, then clap your hands and exclaim: [b][/b] Out!

2) Orison: Recite or read a self-composed orison based on the particular Meme you are trying to incorporate into your psychosomatic complex.

3) Recollection: using a rhythmic breathing technique Inhale,"Awaken," Hold,"Reason," Exhale,"Empathy," Hold empty,"Vision."  Repeat for either a set #of repetitions or time period.

4) Study: (optional) read or review a text or idea (this may also proceed step 1).

5) Recollect: Sit in a still inner state of contemplation on the subject.

6) End with a possitive (Orison) statement of personal developement.

7) Write down all opinions, sensations and review them and compare them with your topic and mode of study 

Check out the books "Mysticism: a study in the developement of spiritual conscious,the Little Book of Atheist Spirituality, Alchemy the Art of Transformation,  Psyber Magick and Post Modern Magick."

Report to moderator   Logged

"Funny goggles and Frankenstein, what real science should be!"
Tas6
Adept

Rate Tas6

Virian Alchemist

View Profile E-Mail
Virian Yoga?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-05-07 09:29:30 »

This is a process used heavily by Tibetian Budhists, Deity of Guru Yoga. From my experience any concept may be used for the process, I have chosen to use the three Virtues of Reason, Empathy and Vision.

0) To add to the drama and flavor I have scrambles the letters of the three virtues to create names for the Virian Gurus of R.E.V. and included a Meta-cyber- program of the word Awaken (REVA which is in itself a very interesting Meme). Then I related them to the classic elements as a method of mythological/theatric/psychological/dramatic corespondence. (this of course is entirely optiona as the names for the virtues alone will sufice)

-REVA:
-Reason: Asenor/ air
-Empathy: Yphamet/ water
-Vision: Osiniv/ fire
-Awaken: Kewana/ earth

At this juncture one may visualize them as you wish, personally I just view them in an elemental form, but use what works for you.

1) Perform a shortened version of the opening  praxis I gave or one you like better. (The orison phase should reflect the particular Virtue with which you are working).
2) Now visualize the the element/virtue growing inside of you until it has fully merged with your body.
3) Now  start breathing In and out the name of the virtue you are working with, while sustaining the visualization used in #2 for as long as you are comfortable. (some may choose to chant the name or use the four fold breathing as in the original praxis).
4) Next sink into a period of deep contemplation or even meditation, for as long as is comfortable.
5) Ending: Close with your Orison of Self developement.
6) Take notes.

I hope this is useful to anyone in their personal developement and self Meta-programing.

« Last Edit: 2009-05-07 09:31:53 by Tas6 » Report to moderator   Logged

Tas6
Adept

Rate Tas6

Virian Alchemist

View Profile E-Mail
Re: Alchemy origins of modern science
« Reply #2 on: 2009-05-08 10:22:21 »

Check out this article

http://www.unr.edu/nevadanews/templates/details.aspx?articleid=5028&zoneid=8

Tas6
Adept

Rate Tas6

Virian Alchemist

View Profile E-Mail
Re:Memetic Alchemy?
« Reply #3 on: 2009-05-13 10:25:37 »

I've also considered using the seasons as a method of memetic-programing:

Spring equinox- The festival of Awakening and shedding the Virian Sins.
Summer solstice- The festival of Reason.
Fall equinox- The festival of Empathy.
Winter Solstice- The festival of Vision.

Each is to be celebrated in the mannor suiting the Virtue or act (as in the Spring) basied upon individual prefrences and possible Cabals ( )/congregations desires.

Tas6

Tas6
Adept

Rate Tas6

Virian Alchemist

View Profile E-Mail
A Virian Mantra
« Reply #4 on: 2009-11-11 15:18:50 »

A Virian mantra idea:

1) "Through Awakening, I am aware of-
2) "Through Reason, I understand-
3) "Through Empathy, I connect-
4) "Through Vision, I see through-
5) "Through Sapience, I transform-

-the problem and obtain a plan of solution, then engage the plan of solution and examine the solution obtained."

(based on the problem solving method from the book, "How to Solve It," G. Polya)

I developed this as a result of the work I have done with Hermit's 3-box idea (thank you again sir!), it really helps me focus and keep consistent in all aspects of my living.

Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: