logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-03-29 08:20:17 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Read the first edition of the Ideohazard

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Philosophy & Religion

TM movement acknowledges that their guru has giggled his last.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: TM movement acknowledges that their guru has giggled his last.  (Read 1565 times)
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
TM movement acknowledges that their guru has giggled his last.
« on: 2008-02-05 22:27:07 »

In a brief statement issued today out of Vlodrop (Holland), where the Transcendental Meditation movement is tearing down a magnificent 15th century monastery (already massively damaged by them after they picked it up for a song), in order to replace it with a gilt covered Indian revival Neo-colonial palace for their "giggling guru," their spokesman acknowledged that the self styled "His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi" has shuffled off this mortal coil. Insiders have been speculating for some time that death arrived earlier, and brain death long before that, but the AK-74 toting security guards perambulating the perimeters tended to discourage the curious from  investigation. Unfortunately his death won't restore the monastery though it probably does mean that the replacement horror will likely never be completed.

Given that, unlike India, Holland prefers cremation to be complete, it is not anticipated that his demise will assist even worms in developing a higher consciousness; and seeing that the Vedas specify that selling "Vedic knowledge" for profit is beyond redemption, and that this once servant to a guru, frequently accused of murdering him, had invented techniques to do this on a vast and highly profitable scale, his return, even as a cockroach, is not anticipated in Hindu circles, except by some of the more thoroughly lunatic of his fervid followers who watch the numerous offspring of the "Mother Divines" cross-bred with the Lebanese Doctor who Maharishi anointed as a "king," for signs of his "reincarnation" as a Priest/King with a fortune to back him. Other more pragmatic followers, those personally involved in distributing the rumored $US 15 Billion acquired by the the movement, are no doubt hoping that he stays thoroughly dead lest somebody ask for an accounting. Meanwhile the stooges who signed promissory  notes and the institutions that made loans on the face of them, are likely to go through some very nervous and stressful times in the near future.

Given that there is nothing much more significant going on in the world, this was perhaps worth mentioning in passing.
« Last Edit: 2008-02-05 22:29:40 by Hermit » Report to moderator   Logged

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:TM movement acknowledges that their guru has giggled his last.
« Reply #1 on: 2008-02-07 06:58:52 »

[Blunderov] Sexy Sadie has left the building. Seems John Lennon's working class skepticism of woo did not abandon him for too long.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexy_Sadie_%28song%29
<snip>
Sexy Sadie" is the name of a song by The Beatles, written by John Lennon in India and credited to Lennon and Paul McCartney.

Originally titled "Maharishi", the Beatles changed the title to "Sexy Sadie" to avoid the potential for litigation as the song's lyrics portray the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in a less than favourable light. Lennon became discouraged after the Maharishi had allegedly made a pass at one of the female members of their entourage, though in later years George and Paul endeavored to set the record straight.[1] Lennon once said of the song: "That was inspired by Maharishi. I wrote it when we had our bags packed and were leaving. It was the last piece I wrote before I left India. I just called him, 'Sexy Sadie,' instead of (sings) 'Maharishi what have you done, you made a fool...' I was just using the situation to write a song, rather calculatingly but also to express what I felt. I was leaving the Maharishi with a bad taste. You know, it seems that my partings are always not as nice as I'd like them to be."[2]</snip>

Sexy Sadie Lyrics

Artist(Band):The Beatles

hoSexy Sadie what have you done
You made a fool of everyone
You made a fool of everyone
Sexy Sadie ooh what have you done.

Sexy Sadie you broke the rules
You layed it down for all to see
You layed it down for all to see
Sexy Sadie oooh you broke the rules.

One sunny day the world was waiting for a lover
She came along to turn on everyone
Sexy Sadie the greatest of them all.

Sexy Sadie how did you know
The world was waiting just for you
The world was waiting just for you
Sexy Sadie oooh how did you know.

Sexy Sadie you'll get yours yet
However big you think you are
Sexy Sadie oooh you'll get yours yet.

We gave her everything we owned just to sit at her table
Just a smile would lighten everything
Sexy Sadie she's the latest and the greatest of them all.

She made a fool of everyone
Sexy Sadie.

Sexy Sadie.

[Blunderov] Talking of the Beatles, whom, to quote the redoubtable Letheomaniac, are guilty of making boy-bands like Westlife possible, they have been afforded a singular honour:

http://www.waleg.com/archives/010833.html

Feb

NASA Broadcasts Beatles Song Across the Universe

Filed Under: Just News

How would you like having three things to celebrate at the same time? It would be cool, No? Well, February 4th was a very significant date for three reasons. One, February 4th was the chosen date for observing the 50th anniversary of the launch of the Explorer 1 satellite. Second, it was also the 40th anniversary of the recording of the Beatles’ song “Across the Universe”. And lastly, it was also the 45th anniversary of the Deep Space Network which is the international system of antennas that is used in space missions.

To celebrate this important day, NASA decided to send out a song across the universe… Instead of the usual inbound signal, Earth, through NASA sent out signal through the Beatles’ song “Across the Universe”…

A lucky move for aliens out there who haven’t heard of any music yet. With the complex adjustments made regarding the reception, NASA aimed the signal towards Polaris which is 431 light years from Earth.
It’s amazing! And you know what? Earthlings are encouraged to the Beatles’ song “Across the Universe” at the same time that NASA transmitted it out in space.

Former Beatles’ Sir Paul McCartney and John Lennon’s widow Yoko Ono were totally in favor of this new and unique endeavor.

Title: The Beatles - Across The Universe lyrics

Artist: The Beatles

Words are flying out like
endless rain into a paper cup
They slither while they pass
They slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow waves of joy
are drifting thorough my open mind
Possessing and caressing me

Jai guru deva om
Nothing's gonna change my world

Images of broken light which
dance before me like a million eyes
That call me on and on across the universe
Thoughts meander like a
restless wind inside a letter box
they tumble blindly as
they make their way across the universe

Jai guru deva om

Sounds of laughter shades of life
are ringing through my open ears
exciting and inviting me
Limitless undying love which
shines around me like a million suns
It calls me on and on across the universe

Jai guru deva om
Jai guru deva
Jai guru deva

[Blunderov] When I was green and in my salad days I used to love the Beatles but later they became a little sacchirin for my taste. Prefer rock solid blues now, whether ancient or modern.

http://www.documentarysite.com/reviews/soulofaman.html
<snip>
The Soul of a Man

Blind Willie Johnson once said, “The blues are the roots; everything else is the fruits.” These roots extend into the depths of the souls of three men in Wim Wenders’s The Soul of a Man: Dixon, Skip James, and J.B. Lenoir.

The Soul of a Man is the second episode of The Blues: A Musical Journey, which is executive produced by Martin Scorsese (Scorsese directed the first episode in the series, Feel Like Going Home). The series aired on PBS in fall 2003, and this film is now available on DVD. </snip>
<snip>
The film opens with a view of the earth from space – not quite where you’d expect a film about the blues to begin. Archival shots show the launch of a rocket and the release of Voyager into space. The voiceover narration, done quite smoothly by Laurence Fishburne, informs us that a song by Blind Willie Johnson is aboard that vessel as an example of American music. That song is “Dark Was the Night,” which Johnson recorded in 1927. </snip>
<snip>
The film uses its reenactments of those recording sessions to introduce several songs by James, including “Hard Time Killing Floor Blues,” “Illinois Blues, “Devil Got my Woman,” and “The Cherry Ball Blues.” No reenactment of a song is shown without interruption. “Hard Time Killing Floor Blues” is intercut with archival footage of a caravan of African American families along Highway 61 and a man shouting about their near hopeless existence. Other interruptions follow the pattern established before, with contemporary singers such as Lucinda Williams, Alvin Youngblood Hart, Bonnie Raitt, The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion (whose name perfectly describes the jarring nature of this cut), Lou Reed, and Beck. Each covers a James song for a few lines or a chorus, and then the film returns to the reenactment.

James never saw a dime from those recording sessions and he never heard his own recordings. The Depression hit and hard, and audiences turned to radio for free music and Paramount Records folded. A reenactment session attempts to show how James moved away from the blues and toward the church, with him singing “Cypress Grove Blues” first and then “He is a Mighty Good Leader” next. Through another intertitle, the crowd wonders why James performs a spiritual while the narration says he became a Baptist minister, like his father. And with that, James disappeared. </snip>

Report to moderator   Logged
Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-02-08 02:09:06 »

nice coincidence that nasa broadcast 'jai gurudeva/across the universe' on the same day that maharishi mahesh yogi died.

p.s. 'boy bands' can never come close to the beatles...considering that their best words came after heavy acid tripping. kicking open the doors of perception and all that...first of all, there is no more good quality lsd these days and these little kids OD anyways...kids these days!
« Last Edit: 2008-02-08 02:11:20 by Mermaid » Report to moderator   Logged
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 2008-02-08 04:12:28 »

Quote from: Mermaid on 2008-02-08 02:09:06   

nice coincidence that nasa broadcast 'jai gurudeva/across the universe' on the same day that maharishi mahesh yogi died.

p.s. 'boy bands' can never come close to the beatles...considering that their best words came after heavy acid tripping. kicking open the doors of perception and all that...first of all, there is no more good quality lsd these days and these little kids OD anyways...kids these days!

[Blunderov] Yes the tie-in with "jai guru deva om" was charmingly appropriate!

LSD does not offer much of a profit margin to traffickers. It is not addictive and it cannot be taken on a regular basis because the body learns to tolerate it very quickly. So, usually it is manufactured for the love of it and can be hard to acquire. Also (I'm told) these days  the hits are usually only 100 mics instead of the 250 mic dose that was usual in the 60's and 70's. Good for dancing but not much more.

True, the Beatles were revolutionary in their day. Seems hard to believe now. "Boy band" has become something of an all purpose insult these days; a bit like "fascist". Sinnaed O' Connor was firmly of the opinion that U2 is a "Boy Band" for instance.

Best Regards.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: