logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-19 14:17:49 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Read the first edition of the Ideohazard

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Philosophy & Religion

Howler of the day
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Howler of the day  (Read 1356 times)
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Howler of the day
« on: 2008-01-09 00:26:32 »

[Blunderov] "Head Waiter: Fine. Would you care for a glass of blood? Oh what a giveaway."

http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/cannibal.htm

A hidden agenda pops fully formed into existence!

pharyngula

Taylor County, Florida wins the prize!
Category: Creationism
Posted on: January 8, 2008 10:31 PM, by PZ Myers

The Taylor County school board has taken a big step: they've voted to oppose evolution:

Whereas, the Florida Department of Education has drafted and is now proposing new Sunshine State Standards for Science, the Taylor County School Board opposes the implementation of the new standards as currently presented.

Whereas, the new Sunshine State Standards for Science no longer present evolution as theory but as "the fundamental concept underlying all of biology and is supported in multiple forms of scientific evidence," we are requesting that the State Board of Education direct the Florida Department of Education to revise/edit the new Sunshine State Standards for Science so that evolution is presented as one of several theories as to how the universe was formed.

Whereas, the Taylor County School Board recognizes the importance of providing a thorough and comprehensive Science education to all the students in Taylor County and to all students in the state of Florida, it recognizes as even more important the need to present these standards through a fair and balanced approach, an approach that does not unfairly exclude other theories as to the creation of the universe.

NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Taylor County School Board of Taylor County, Perry, Florida, that the Board urges the State Board of Education to direct the Florida Department of Education to revise the new Sunshine State Standards for Science such that evolution is not presented as fact, but as one of several theories.

Charming, huh? Voting is magic! Let's vote that pi=3, little green men live on Mars, and that it will rain money every Sunday.

[Bl.] Of course the Pharygula readers were all over this one like a cheap suit...

...so that evolution is presented as one of several theories as to how the universe was formed.
They think Darwin is responsible for the Big Bang?
Posted by: Gregory Kusnick | January 8, 2008 10:43 PM

#2The Indiana State Legislature once voted to make pi=3.2.

Somehow, the universe refused to conform.

" . . . one of several theories as to how the universe was formed"?

What would the other ones be? And they need to be THEORIES, i.e., a coherent group of general propositions used as principles of explanation for a class of phenomena. I wonder what alternative they would propose that would live up to the standards of actual science?

Posted by: cureholder | January 8, 2008 10:43 PM

#3Let's vote that pi=3, little green men live on Mars, and that it will rain money every Sunday.
Don't encourage them.

Posted by: Chris G. | January 8, 2008 10:45 PM

#4"Whereas, the Taylor County School Board recognizes the importance of providing a thorough and comprehensive Science education to all the students in Taylor County and to all students in the state of Florida, it recognizes as even more important the need to present these standards through a fair and balanced approach, an approach that does not unfairly exclude other theories as to the creation of the universe."

I think the committee in charge of writing the first part of this sentence forgot to check with the committee that wrote the second part. The second part seems to have sorta forget that they were talking about the science class and scientific definitions of "theory" rather than the "I think the butler did it in the study with the wrench" sort of theory.

Posted by: Bad | January 8, 2008 10:45 PM

#5> so that evolution is presented as one of several theories as to how the universe was formed.

What's it got to do with the universe? Surely when we talk of 'evolution' we're talking about the development of biological life on earth, not the origin of the Universe?

These people can't even draft a resolution without conflating concepts (and abusing the word theory as a free bonus).

Posted by: Jason | January 8, 2008 10:46 PM

#6Whereas, The Taylor County School Board are a bunch of twats.

What a load of self-aggrandising, self-serving BS. I'm a fucking barrister and we don't write goddamn WHEREAS or THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED anymore. If they think talking in Ye Olde Goddamn English makes what they're saying any less craptastic they're sadly mistaken.

Posted by: Bride of Shrek | January 8, 2008 10:48 PM

#7There needs to be a name for this prize. Something along the lines of: "Bill 'Oxycontin' Buckingham Prize for Mendacious Stupidity" or "Thomas More Law Centre Prize for Wasting School District Money on Law Suits You Can't Possibly Win".

Monetary value: -$1000000.
Additional perks: getting turfed at the next election.

Posted by: Eamon Knight | January 8, 2008 10:48 PM

#8Thanks for linking, PZ. The more light we shine on these people, the better.

Posted by: Brandon | January 8, 2008 10:50 PM

#9It looks like the Pastafarians will have some new people to educate.

Posted by: Jessa | January 8, 2008 10:54 PM

#10Ahh, just push 'em in the ocean. I'm hungry, and haven't had a decent sacrifice in days...

Posted by: Cthulhu | January 8, 2008 10:57 PM

#11This is what happens when America thinks with its wang.

Posted by: J Myers | January 8, 2008 11:00 PM

#12Whereas let it be resolved that the commenters of Pharyngula vote to force the lousy anti-intellectuals to list all of the alternate theories they want to mandate including in class, and let the list be part of the public record.

Posted by: speedwell | January 8, 2008 11:06 PM

#13Idiots.

Posted by: Kseniya | January 8, 2008 11:10 PM

#14...so that evolution is presented as one of several theories as to how the universe was formed

What are you folks complaining about? The school board is obviously so enamored with TOE that they're willing to extend it way beyond biology.

Posted by: ngong | January 8, 2008 11:16 PM

#15Time to call out MC Hawking again.

Posted by: MAJeff | January 8, 2008 11:25 PM

#16Might as well rain money. Those barely-accredited Christian colleges cause it to rain diplomas every May and December.

Florida is a gross place to me now. I shall never visit it.

Posted by: The Stone | January 8, 2008 11:25 PM

#17Huckabee's people. What a load of Hucktards.

Happy Nisbet? This will be what's left for Collins to endorse. It's so vertical.

Posted by: Ken Cope | January 8, 2008 11:27 PM

#18Shit, that was the wrong MC Hawking. This is the right one.

Posted by: MAJeff | January 8, 2008 11:29 PM

#19This is to be expected from a state whose official song contains the following verse:

All up and down de whole creation
Sadly I roam,
Still longing for de old plantation
And for de old folks at home.

Posted by: Mister DNA | January 8, 2008 11:29 PM

#20I'm a bit of a luddite.

So sometimes when I see these things, I envision the drafters not as complete idiots, but as crafty people who are insulating their county from undue economic growth and expansion. And hey, none of those annoying know-it-alls will move here.

Posted by: notthedroids | January 8, 2008 11:33 PM

#21Whereas, the new Sunshine State Standards for Science no longer present evolution as theory but as "the fundamental concept underlying all of biology and is supported in multiple forms of scientific evidence,"
It's amazing that people who write non sequiturs think they're intelligent enough to dictate school policy. Um, gee, dumbfucks, there's no contradiction between teaching evolution as theory and as the fundamental concept underlying all of biology.

Nonetheless, I have to wonder if it's "the" fundamental concept underlying all of biology. True, it's the fundamental concept unique (at least unique in its particular form) to biology which also underlies all of biology, however many fundamental concepts actually do underlie biology, including QM.

By the way, morons on the school board, it's time that you deal with the congruent evidences coming from independent lines of investigation which in fact do support this particular theory, and the utter lack of any line of evidence which supports Platonic forms, naive myths (Genesis, Ovid), or a completely worthless concept like ID. If you could actually address those issues adequately, you might have a point. Lacking any ability to deal with the evidence, you indicate that you're badly in need of education yourselves, apparently from a more intelligent region, like NYC.

Glen D
http://tinyurl.com/2kxyc7

Posted by: Glen Davidson | January 8, 2008 11:34 PM

#22Ignorance, thy name is Floridian.

Would someone please explain to me why the southern states are such champions of pig ignorance? Inquiring minds want to know.

Posted by: waldteufel | January 8, 2008 11:36 PM

#23My daughter used to teach a special education class in Perry, Florida. You get a lot of special education kids when elementary school children are being sexually abused by their relatives.
Other than that, Taylor County is a nice quiet rural piney woods forest area, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Posted by: bobalu49 | January 8, 2008 11:39 PM

#24"...it recognizes as even more important the need to present these standards through a fair and balanced approach..."
Fox News fair and balanced or actual fair and balanced? I'm guessing the former.

"...an approach that does not unfairly exclude other theories as to the creation of the universe."
What's the problem then? A "theory" of the creation of the universe (are we talking about cosmology or biology?) that is based on faith and religious belief is being excluded, while one of the strongest scientific theories in existence is being included. I'm pretty sure that's fair.

Posted by: Alex | January 8, 2008 11:45 PM

#25it recognizes as even more important the need to present these standards through a fair and balanced approach, an approach that does not unfairly exclude other theories as to the creation of the universe.
In addition to what others have quite rightly said about this, you're far too much tipping your hand toward violation of the 1st Amendment there. Sure, you're too dumb to recognize that evolution isn't a creation myth, but merely the recognition of what has happened well after the "creation" of the universe. Unfortunately for yourselves, though, you quoted the fact that evolution is a fundamental concept of biology, rather than of cosmology, and your complete ignorance of the difference between the two areas of study is no excuse.

See the thing is, fuckwits, that the religionists who accept evolution are certainly correct about one thing, which is that evolution happens not to be the rival of an actual creation myth (though it treads on Biblical creation myths). It is not a theory about anything involving creation at all, even, rather about change through time. You just hate it because it supplants your magic, however you're too ignorant and prejudiced to be able to distinguish between your religion and the carefully delineated domains in science.

Thus you're setting yourselves up for a whopping large charge over the impending lawsuit, if you keep going down that road of stupidity. Why don't you morons call up the Dover school board, and ask how they like paying the costs to point out how brazenly stupid, arrogant, and uneducated so many of the previous members (and too many present members) of that board really are? You might get to pay much more to show that you're at least as stupid.

Glen D
http://tinyurl.com/2kxyc7

Posted by: Glen Davidson | January 8, 2008 11:46 PM

#26Evolution as a theory of how the universe was formed?

that's flattering in scope, but ignorant.

Posted by: Michael | January 8, 2008 11:49 PM

#27Since the debut of Faux News, every time I hear the words; "fair" and "balanced" used together, I know to expect neither.
I really wouldn't be opposed to making Florida the all-YEC, all the time state. Why not? It'll be underwater soon enough...

Posted by: raindogzilla | January 8, 2008 11:50 PM

#28Call it what it is. They've voted to lie about the nature of scientific theories.

Posted by: Les Lane | January 8, 2008 11:55 PM

#29Would someone please explain to me why the southern states are such champions of pig ignorance?
Two words: Religious Fundamentalism.

I love the softball questions.

(I'm stating the obvious here, but I must. It's not strictly geographical. There are ignorant fools everywhere, but the culture of ignorance is more firmly rooted in those areas where the Fundies predominate. Trends notwithstanding, all my friends and acquaintences from the South are intelligent, educated, politically moderate in a broad sense - no flaming lefties or wingnuts - and exhibit a range of religiousity from atheist to church-shunning believers. None deny evolution, none believe in a young earth, and even the Kentuckians think the Creation Museum is at best a sorry embarrassment.)

Posted by: Kseniya | January 8, 2008 11:57 PM

#30Sigh. I can't say I'm surprised. Taylor County has some serious self-destructive tendencies, with their tendency to welcome polluting industry at the expense of their natural resources and public health. It is only a small step from there to self-imposed public humiliation for pandering to Creationists. I can't say that I'm happy about it, but I am not surprised.

Posted by: Diego | January 9, 2008 12:00 AM

#31Taylor County... is that where they shot Deliverance?

Posted by: forsen | January 9, 2008 12:01 AM

« Last Edit: 2008-01-09 00:30:29 by Blunderov » Report to moderator   Logged
Stringy
Adept

Rate Stringy

Life is a trip...and we got tickets

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:Howler of the day
« Reply #1 on: 2008-01-09 18:01:38 »

Taylor county, if you're listening, please adopt the following language:

Whereas, the Florida Department of Education has drafted and is now proposing new Sunshine State Standards for Science, the Taylor County School Board opposes the implementation of the new standards as currently presented.

Whereas, the new Sunshine State Standards for Science require examination of evidence which requires effort and thinking, Taylor recognizes as even more important the need to follow faith blindly.

NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Taylor County School Board of Taylor County, Perry, Florida, that the Board urges the State Board of Education to direct the Florida Department of Education to revise the new Sunshine State Standards for Science such that facts will not get in the way of our opinion.

Report to moderator   Logged

I'm neither a scientist nor a scholar. I'm, primarily, an entertainer. That does not invalidate my ideas...but it does make them suspect.
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #2 on: 2008-01-10 01:17:13 »

[Blunderov] Baker County is a contender too. Moving good and punching like a champ...

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008/01/baker_county_florida.php

Baker County, Florida
Category: Creationism
Posted on: January 9, 2008 11:00 PM, by PZ Myers

Yep, another Florida county approves a goofy anti-science resolution. From their minutes:

Approval of the Resolution Urging State Board of Education to Direct Florida Department of Education to Revise the New Sunshine State Standards for Science Such That Evolution is Not Presented as Fact.

Texas really has some competition now in the category of most pig-ignorant state in the country.

[Bl.] Creationism requires a granite-like literalism. Harun Yahya raises the bar significantly with this recent effort to become a fisher of men.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008/01/well_fly_fishing_is_a_science.php

Well, fly fishing is a science
Category:
Posted on: January 9, 2008 8:50 PM, by PZ Myers

This is hilarious. That wacky Islamic creationist, Harun Yahya, sent all those copies of his great big expensive book, Atlas of Creation, to biologists all around the country, and darned few of us have actually bothered to look at it in any detail. The general pattern of the book is repetitious and predictable: the book shows a picture of a fossil and a photo of a living animal, and declares that they haven't changed a bit, therefore evolution is false. Over and over. It gets old fast, and it's usually wrong (they have changed!) and the photography, while lovely, is entirely stolen.

Here's the latest funny part: someone did scrutinize the photos a little more carefully, and discovered a few of the photos are actually of fishing lures, hook and all. That's the level of competence we're talking about in this book.

By the way, I recently got another copy of the Atlas — the only difference seems to be that the new version has an emerald green cover, while the previous was bright red. Man, it's impressive that they've got so much money that they'll send out new editions just to change the cover color.

Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 2008-01-14 16:09:35 »

[Blunderov] Howlers to cry yourself to sleep by. Be brave. Be very ,very brave.

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?p=3335912#post3335912

TOP 100 Fundamentalist Christian Quotes

A small selection:

<snip>

Quote:
"Make sure your answer uses Scripture, not logic."

Quote:
Everyone knows scientists insist on using complex terminology to make it harder for True Christians to refute their claims.

Deoxyribonucleic Acid, for example... sounds impressive, right? But have you ever seen what happens if you put something in acid? It dissolves! If we had all this acid in our cells, we'd all dissolve! So much for the Theory of Evolution, Check MATE!

Quote:
To say the Bible was written by men and may contain inaccuracies completely contradicts the word of the Bible.

Quote:
I am a bit troubled. I believe my son has a girlfriend, because she left a dirty magazine with men in it under his bed. My son is only 16 and I really don't think he's ready to date yet. What's worse is that he's sneaking some girl to his room behind my back. I need help, God! I want my son to stop being so secretive!

Quote:
[One Christian speaking to another]

You are banned. You are not a Christian for Christians don't accuse brothers and sisters in Christ of being non-Christian.

Quote:
The other day while installing some new fiber optics cables for a satellite array I overheard some coworkers talking about quarks. Quarks are supposedly tiny particles that nobody can see and nobody has any use for. So why do we know about them? What good does it possibly do us to know what a quark is? Just another example of useless science, and wasted money on the so called research needed for this great discovery.

I seriously have to wornder about people who spend their free time thinking about things like quarks or quasars. There are more important things to do.

As far as I am concerned if an answer to a question isn't in the bible, then the you have no business asking the question. A few years ago when my wife suddenly had to get an emergency c-section I was scared. But I didnt turn to any book about quarks. Luckily I had my palm pilot with me, which just happened to have the entire King James bible on it! I read a few passages that gave me the strength to pray for her and the baby to get through this ordeal. I sure didn't need any useless trivia books about quarks to find comfort in.

I have very little use for science. In fact it is in impediment to getting close to God.

[Someone points out the obvious fact that c-sections and computers are a benefit of science.]

You are confusing TECHNOLOGY with SCIENCE.

Technology and science are often lumped together, but are totally separate and unrelated things.

Technology makes peoples lives easier. Technology is the product of inventive geniuses who were inspired by God. Inventions and innovations improve life.

Science causes confustion and makes things complicated. Everytime there is a new discovery the old discoveries and old wisdom are discarded! And theories get more and more complex. Science makes people confused and complicates things. Who is the author of confusion? Satan* of course. The bible it the opposite of science. Biblical wisdom NEVER CHANGES, and anyone can get it. Scientific wisdom is always changing and contradicting itself, and really nobody gets it.

Please don't insult our intelligence by lumping science and technology together. They are as different at night and day.

spreadingtheword, </snip>

« Last Edit: 2008-01-14 16:18:30 by Blunderov » Report to moderator   Logged
Stringy
Adept

Rate Stringy

Life is a trip...and we got tickets

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 2008-01-15 17:54:02 »

It's hard to believe that those quotes are real. Almost makes me believe in the existence of a creator since I can't see how such supreme stupidity could happen by random chance.

I'm neither a scientist nor a scholar. I'm, primarily, an entertainer. That does not invalidate my ideas...but it does make them suspect.
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #5 on: 2008-03-14 17:50:17 »

[Fritz]I waited but can’t help myself any longer. I had to post it; the debate was in the Religion or Humour Sections, this thread seems to be appropriate:

These should ensure that no one will be left out of Hell and asks the question why have heavens if no one will qualify …. Sigh …. Seems that the Vatican rank and file will now be residing with us. Hell doesn’t seems as appealing anymore !

The Vatican new Sins:
Environmental pollution
Genetic manipulation
Accumulating excessive wealth
Inflicting poverty
Drug trafficking and consumption
Morally debatable experiments
Violation of fundamental rights of human nature

Just when ya think it can’t get any sillier ….. Fritz

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080310/vatican_sins_080310/20080310?hub=TopStories

Vatican lists new sins for a new century
Updated Mon. Mar. 10 2008 2:20 PM ET
CTV.ca News Staff
The Vatican has unveiled some new sins for the 21st century, such as genetic manipulation, pollution and social injustice.
Archbishop Gianfranco Girotti, the Vatican's number-two official for sins and penance, told L'Osservatore Romano that he saw bioethics as posing the greatest risks for the human soul.
"(Within bioethics) there are areas where we absolutely must denounce some violations of the fundamental rights of human nature through experiments and genetic manipulation whose outcome is difficult to predict and control," he told the Vatican's official newspaper on Sunday in an interview headlined "New Forms of Social Sin."
The Roman Catholic Church has previously spoken out against stem cell research that requires the destruction of human embryos, believing that life begins at conception.
Girotti also attacked drugs, saying they "weaken the mind and obscure intelligence."
On the growing gap between rich and poor, he said it causes "an unbearable social injustice."
Pope Benedict has made several strong statements on the environment in recent months, saying problems like climate change had become critical to humanity's future.
Catholicism has two basic types of sin: Venial, which are relatively less important and forgivable, and mortal.
Mortal sin can include acts like abortion and murder, although the church doesn't keep a well-defined list.
Mortal sins can cause a person to go to Hell unless confessed to a priest, who then absolves the sinner in God's name.
With files from The Associated Press

http://unorthodoxatheism.blogspot.com/2008/03/seven-new-catholic-sins.html

12 March 2008
The Seven New Catholic Sins
As I'm sure most of you already know, the Pope announced seven new "deadly" sins.
•   Environmental pollution
Isn't the rapture coming soon?  Why would you care about the Earth if it's all going to end in our lifetime?  Unless you're now uncertain that the rapture is coming...
•   Genetic manipulation
Well, this is vague.  What about genetic manipulation of cows to produce better and safer beef?  What about something as simple as creating a bigger and longer-lasting tomato?  Are those deadly sins?  I thought that was progress!  What if we are able to modify our genes in the future to prevent our children from getting Parkinson's disease or Alzheimer's?  Would that be a sin?  Does God want little Reed Jr. to suffer because John Paul II had to?
•   Accumulating excessive wealth
Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, the two richest people in the world, are also the biggest philanthropists in the world.  The Bill Gates foundation has already given away almost half of Bill's previous net worth of $100 billion.  Warren Buffett actually never touches his money.  As she explained to my mother over dinner on a trip to Roanoke's rescue mission, Warren's sister handles all the donations and gives the money out freely to organisations who need it.  Most of the multi-billionaires who have influenced American history have done so in a positive way.  It's hard to smear the name of Andrew Carnegie when you are standing in one of the hundreds of public libraries built by the man or perusing the dinosaurs in Pittsburgh's Andrew Carnegie Museum, one of which, Diplodocus carnegiei, was named in honour of his philanthropy.  Without the super-rich, philanthropy wouldn't exist.  Is philanthropy a sin now?
•   Inflicting poverty
Again with the vagueness!  How does one inflict poverty?  If I stole my mother's check card and emptied out her account at the bang, would that be inflicting poverty?  I would think that files neatly under, "Thou shall not steal."  What if I inflicted poverty on myself by amassing a large pile of credit card debt?  Is that a deadly sin?  Will I go to Hell, even if I'm able to pay it off and break even before I die?  If I give money to my nearest Catholic church to help pay the priest's salary, the light bill, and the legal fees for Father Tutchie McFealy's latest escapades rather than give the money to the One campaign, is that a sin?  You hear that, Catholics?  It's now a sin to give money to your church, since they're already breaking the "Accumulating Excessive Wealth" sin.  You should give your money to charities that keep people safe from violent people, promote public education of the sciences, help people in third-world nations, promote the arts to people who couldn't afford to enjoy them otherwise.
•   Drug trafficking and consumption
What's the difference between certain drugs with no long-term negative effects for moderate users (marijuana) and alcohol (Blood of Christ in Catholic churches)?  Alcohol, by definition, is a drug.  If we take the literal definition of drug--any substance that alters perception that one puts in their body--does that mean it's now a sin to consume the Eucharist?
•   Morally debatable experiments
Everything's morally debatable and almost anything new is experimental.  These new sins have the air of experiment about them.  They will most certainly be adapted and changed and possibly omitted over time.  They're also morally debatable, as I am doing now.  Mr. Ratzinger, you hypocritical sinner!
•   Violation of fundamental rights of human nature
Isn't insisting that humans are nothing more than dirt and rib animated by breath who should live a subservient life on Earth so they can go on to live a subservient eternal life in Heaven or else they will be punished with a torturous eternal life in Hell, and no human, believer or not, is allowed to abstain from either less-than-desirable eternity (nor were we given the chance to tell God we don't want this "gift"), a violation of humanity's actual nature, as a part of the animal kingdom?  And isn't knowledge, or at least the pursuit of it, a basic human right?  How can the Vatican call the violations of human rights a sin when they have been violating the human right to knowledge for over a thousand years?  Between book burnings and banned book lists and misinformation purposefully given to Africans about condoms, the Catholic church is the largest organisation on the planet dedicated to trampling the rights of human beings.  I won't even mention childhood indoctrination and coercion to force people to believe.

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008-03-14 23:03:15 »

I think that everyone commenting is maybe missing a major point.

The biggest problem facing the planet is that there are about 5.5 billion too many people on it. Not least because of the influence of Catholicism (and, to be fair, some other Christian religions too), Hinduism and Islam. Of these, the Catholic Popes have possibly been the most vocal in their expressed preference for people to breed themselves out of existence.

Given that these new sins have just been discovered, the previous pontiffs cannot possibly have been absolved for them - and thus ought to be sitting in their hell for them - if it existed. Given that the wisdom that supposedly inspired this list also allegedly inspired the previous and current Popes to be against any kind of contraception, it seems as if the Catholics' Gods are both inconsistent and incapable of reasoning.

Just like their "representatives." How absolutely unsurprising.

Kind Regards

Hermit

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: