logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-25 15:08:38 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Open for business: The CoV Store!

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Philosophy & Religion

Christian Dogma concensus
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Christian Dogma concensus  (Read 666 times)
gaiaguerrilla
Initiate

Rate gaiaguerrilla

View Profile E-Mail
Christian Dogma concensus
« on: 2005-12-08 03:31:01 »

I expect I'll be making a lot of statements, either bitter or dipkomatic, toward religious dogma of all sorts. So I decided to start off with a few key points on where I can understand a Christian point of view . . .

Note: I won't be using any biblical quotes for my mentions of Christian dogma. Anyone else is welcome to do so, I'm still content I'm correct in what I mention. I'll also use none or few references. Though I may edit posts later to hyperlink certain statements.

*"The question of evil"

Originally, I had set out to be a Pantheist. But there was one thing I disagreed with. It assumes that everything is just natural, not evil. And to me, that statement has no practicality. When I think of evil, I don't necessarily think of a supernatural horned creature or a black shadow from "Sauron's" forces. What I do think of are people that had the distinct free will to choose something less heinous, and in spite, chose the heinous. They are simply evil. And although a lot of religions hold the same belief in evil, Christianity has my favoured spin on it, which follows.

*The nature of evil.

It would be quite convenient for us if evil was associated with a certain colour or personality. We would then hardly ever need intelligence. Thank god we're not put in a world, terrible as it may be, so crudely blunt. Its makeup leaves an expectation that we reason intensely to solve its riddles (though not all serious problems need so much thought). So as I agree, Christian dogma holds that evil can take any form as noble as the highest rank in their own religion. My prime example is the beast of Christendom.

*The possibility of intelligent design.

Stephen Hawking, among others, suggest that black holes are the portals to other universes. There are theories that science could one day create black holes and specify many aspects about it. If the claim of portal black holes is correct, and the design of a black hole can be kept accurate, then one could very well design many aspects of the universe that it produces. So we can only wonder at a specie's capabilities to design a universe given its advancement in technology. In conclusion: The universe could very well have been influenced by intelligent design. Though not the kind of ridiculous archaic suggestions I've often heard.

*Prophets

Considering how cell phones have virtually made every one of its owners into a kind of "tellepathic" we really shouldn't assume that powers of extra sensory perception are so far-fetched. Obviously, they have to be thoroughly demonstrated before I really bite though. As for precognition, predicting the future, that I can only imagine if something was programmed to come about, and someone tapped into the instructions for the arrangement. At this point I consider it far fetched again. But I don't rule it out. Someone sent me a mass email once about a rally that would happen a few days later at my city. I predicted that lots of people would rally there before it ever happened. Spooky, hey?

*Immortality

People have a lot of debates about concsiousness beyond the brain. There's not enough evidence of it. I certainly doubt a person continues on with the same primitive desires that are brought on by the structure of the pituitary gland. But then, thirty odd years ago, no one would have thought of the superstring theory. Wha? Ten-dimensional strings stretching across the entire universe? Then certainly, there's possibility for an interconnection between thoughts, and other strange concepts. It's still too vague to debate.

*Salvation and cosmic plan.

If intelligent design is possible, then just about anything for a future set in motion for the universe and various inhabitants is also entirely possible. But until such hypotheses can be made clear with a scientiffic model, I see no reason to debate it ever.

*Historical artifacts.

Yes, there are many accounts of a Jesus- Yeshua Ben Pantera, the dead sea scrolls, and other historical accounts. But none of them are proven miraculous, and none of them are free of quite likely and drastic errors (or intentional sabotage) of those accounts. We are only finding today some of the mistranslations between terms and proverbs that could have changed the stories unrecognizably. So Christian dogma probably speaks of some specified events, but doesn't cut the bacon. My favourite example I'll touch on later is that the cross wasn't necessarily used for the crucifixion of Jesus. That possibility would change everything about those whole societies born and died that placed the cross as their central symbol of devotion, and all the symbolism of distorting the cross.

*I've heard many mathematical consistencies and coincidences that are impressive and mysterious, regarding sacred texts and current events. But I wonder along one debate: (1) "These texts were given special consistencies to prove in time that they stand out from other literature, because our race was not yet advanced enough to design such feats" VS. (2) "Some sacred texts become a hub for a psychological chain reaction. This is where people notice coincidence, scrutinize it for more coincidence, then publish those coincidences to make it more interesting." But it was the painstaking research that made it impressive . . . maybe we could find such interesting coincidences if we scrutinized something we consider more trivial- like the Babysitter's Club series. When all else fails, I consider my intuition. A credit card, wheather marked with troublesome numbers or not, can still be corrupt for its principles or lack thereof.

----------------------

That's some consensus I can offer to various faiths. But I will be prodding and criticizing what I believe makes no sense at all. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2005-12-10 21:04:20 by gaiaguerrilla » Report to moderator   Logged

I've become the official property of a 10-year-old girl.
Fox
Archon

Rate Fox

Never underestimate the odds.

View Profile
Re:Christian Dogma concensus
« Reply #1 on: 2005-12-10 14:15:36 »

Hmm, quite an interesting read.

Your beast of Christendom especially caught my eye.
But what do you consider this to be, in terms of nature and reality?

An interesting fact, to which I am aware is that the mark of the beast, 666, holds a certain degree of ironic significance within the Roman Catholic ministry.

The letters inscribed in the Popes miter are these 'VICARIUS FILII DEI'. which is the Latin for 'VICAR OF THE SON OF GOD.
Since this evidence came forth regarding the title, "Vicarius Filii Dei" and it's obvious connection to the 666 calculation of Revelation, the Roman Church has opted to "teach" it's followers to declare this title bogus. They have gone to great lengths seeking to do just that so as to remove the overwhelming evidence against them. However, this ministry as well as many others have found additional documented facts regarding this title.

NOTE: This is actually Roman Numerals. The Romans used this for their alphabet and their number system.

V = 5
I  = 1
C = 100
A = 0
R = 0
I = 1
V = 5
S = 0

F = 0
I = 1
L = 50
I = 1
I = 1

D = 500
E = 0
I = 1

TOTAL = 666

VICARIVS FILII DEI

THE LITERAL MEANING:

VICARIVS - substituting for, or in place of.
FILII - means son.
DEI - means God. 

But then something elce which is quite funny is that VISA also add up to 666, but then quite alot of things do in some way or another.
At sometime in the future, it is believed the credit card business will be incorporated through a single agency, and possibly VISA may be the one. "VI" in the word VISA are the Roman numerals for the number 6. "S" is the Greek letter SIGMA that equals 6, and the letter "A" in the Chaldean language (Babylon) stands for 6. In the name VISA we have 666 in Babylonian, Greek, and Roman - three nations whose armies invaded Israel.

"This calls for wisdom: Let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666." - Revelation 13:18...

Funny eh...

Fox

« Last Edit: 2005-12-10 14:46:57 by Fox » Report to moderator   Logged

I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. - Gatsu
gaiaguerrilla
Initiate

Rate gaiaguerrilla

View Profile E-Mail
Re:Christian Dogma concensus
« Reply #2 on: 2005-12-10 20:51:14 »

That is strange. You reminded me of something I wanted in my original post, I'll write at the bottom of it.
Report to moderator   Logged

I've become the official property of a 10-year-old girl.
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: