logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-19 19:17:57 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Do you want to know where you stand?

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Philosophy & Religion

Death Cult Christians
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Death Cult Christians  (Read 811 times)
Drakeo Vortex
Adept

Rate Drakeo Vortex

View Profile E-Mail
Death Cult Christians
« on: 2004-05-22 08:41:36 »

Death Cult Christians

From Mel Gibson to the guy who lives above me, worshiping blood, death, destruction and darkness go hand and hand with Christianity. The new Slipknot video pushed it over the edge. I was laughing so hard I couldn't catch my breath. The band wears skulls and bandages and paints wounds on themselves. Shouting something about jesus in middle of a mosh pit of brutality. I mean the romans thought Christianity was a death cult with the whole worship of crosses and eating and drinking blood and flesh but I thought that was just a misunderstanding until now. Tattoos of crosses cutting flesh, Stickers of “Soldiers of Christ”. Suicide fighters for Sadism. One guy where's nothing but black claiming god made him like dark things. He looks like Freddy off nightmare on elm street. It is so funny. Are they training a Zombie Army of Zion? Can we expect another more realistic movie? Maybe they will look for the holy graveyard in Iceland and then fight a giant gladiator tournament where they all mutilate each other to death. We can dream can't we. Martyrs of Mutilation.
Report to moderator   Logged
Matt Arnold
Magister

Rate Matt Arnold

The Electric Monk
145919418 145919418    nemorathwald nemorathwald
View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:Death Cult Christians
« Reply #1 on: 2004-05-22 13:32:39 »

People are shocked by the film The Passion of the Christ because they are visually confronted with the awful truth, that their religion is comparable to that of the Aztecs. The most popular religion in our society is inseparable from the primitive atonement ethics of brutal human-sacrifice. The bible says, in explaining how vicarious atonement applies to the sin debt, that God will be satisfied by nothing less than the shedding of blood. So God the father lusts to be sated with his son's innocent blood!

I think a lot of Virians will agree with me that two wrongs do not make a right. It is a morally illiterate concept to suppose that punishing an innocent third party (such as Christ) can expiate the guilty. You need look no farther than the fact that no Christian would tolerate this happening in our courts, and yet they overlook it in this case. The Passion presents us with the idea that justice-- for the heap of humanity's crimes-- this justice is best served if god murders his son. The one person least deserving is wronged in the worst way that can be found, this crime is added to the heap of crimes, and supposedly it's all better! The denizens of Alice in Wonderland didn't speak so absurdly as that.

A Christian at this point would hasten to point out that the Christian cosmology purports Father and Son to be different aspects of the same person. I acknowledge that, but it doesn't address my criticism of the ethic of vicarious atonement. God the combined Father/Son is still laboring under a bizarre notion: that if only he will self-mutilate, that will somehow bring justice, right the wrongs and balance the scales. Compare a judge who murders his self to atone for a guilty defendant, to a judge who murders somebody else in the room to atone for a guilty defendant. One of them is less guilty than the other, but in both cases such a judge is still morally incompetent.

I recently read a book in which a man does prison time that he doesn't deserve, to protect his wife who actually did the crime. I had no respect for his wife for accepting his vicarious atonement. Also, if in that story the authorities had known, as god the father is purported to have known, that the one being punished was innocent, and if knowing this they had still allowed it, what would have been served by his incarceration? Certainly not justice. I would have had no respect for them either. That's why I say it takes character to reject Calvary.

He believed in a door. The door was the way to... to... The Door was The Way. Good. Capital letters were always the best way of dealing with things you didn't have a good answer to.
Drakeo Vortex
Adept

Rate Drakeo Vortex

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #2 on: 2004-05-23 07:33:01 »

Good point about the punishment of a third pary and about god/son self mutilation. I remember thinking when I was younger about the ridiculousness of self sacrifice in order to save humanity. I am curious where this is heading though. The religious are getting more and more prone towards violence. The crazy sort of 9-11 violence. Unfortunately churches can get organized. I hope this does not bring about more unification about the different protestant or catholic sects. I mean what will the churches look like when the younger death cult christians gain status and get in charge. I remember the shiftiness of these places.  I fear the worst in the US. 
panzer
Neophyte

I'm a llama!

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 2004-06-06 13:06:36 »

[[ author reputation (0.00) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

Drakeo Vortex
Adept

Rate Drakeo Vortex

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 2004-06-08 01:06:54 »

Welcome panzer, I'm glad you share at least some of my own and others views here. Look forward to reading your posts and chatting with you on IRC. 

I remember when I was kid going to an anti-kiss christian program. My parents being extreme conservative religious types. The funny thing is Now the religious types look and act like the anti-kiss christian program was telling you NOT to act or look like. Which makes me wonder how the older generation is really dealing with this new movement. Who can capitalize on this conflict?

Not too far away (yet)

N8

panzer
Neophyte

I'm a llama!

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #5 on: 2004-06-08 09:04:35 »

[[ author reputation (0.00) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print